Windows 10: Change Logon Screen Wallpaper

Discus and support Change Logon Screen Wallpaper in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On the screen where you type your password in, has anyone found a way to change the wallpaper? It's blue windows in smoke and does not match the rest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DanielDC88, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Change Logon Screen Wallpaper

On the screen where you type your password in, has anyone found a way to change the wallpaper? It's blue windows in smoke and does not match the rest of my theme.

Thanks.

:)

DanielDC88, Aug 2, 2015

2. Delete Windows 10 Lockscreen Cache

Hi,

My organization would like to be able to push wallpaper's and lockscreen's to our PC's. I have been able to get the wallpapers to update by creating a shutdown script that deletes
    %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\TranscodedWallpaper
    This forces computer to contact the server at every login and redownload the wallpaper. This allows us to replace the image on the server with a new one and the computers will download it at the next startup.

Now I am trying to do the same thing with the lock screen. I have set the group policy's
    Force a specific default lock screen and logon image and
    Prevent changing lock screen and logon image
    . I have pointed the default lock screen GP to our server
    \\file01\wallpaper\background.jpg. When I change the image on the server and keep the same filename nothing happens. The settings will update and show the correct image as a thumbnail but the lock screen still displays the old image. If I edit
    the GP and change it to point to \\file01\wallpaper\background1jpg. I no longer get a logon image at all. Instead I just get a solid lock screen with my accent color. The settings app will again update with the correct image but not the lock
    screen.

Is there a cache file or something that I need to delete at every shutdown for the lock screen to update?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Nathan

Nathan Faucher, Aug 2, 2015
  3. CannyCon Win User
    Wallpaper script from server doesn't run on Windows 10

Hii,

I have win 7 computers now upgrading to win 10.

I have installed win 10 on some PCs. We have a GPO to change/rotate wallpaper of client PCs.

Client PC gets the wallpaper as it log-in to the network.

However Win 10 client gets the wallpaper only on first logon(when a user logs in for the first time to that PC) and then it never updates/rotates, while win 7 PCs are fine.

If I delete the user profile from the PC then login with the same user, It gets the wallpaper then same thing never updates.

Is there any changes in win 10 logon script than win 7.

Please help!!

Thanks!

CannyCon, Aug 2, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Change Logon Screen Wallpaper

BunnyJ, Aug 2, 2015
  5. DanielDC88, Aug 2, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    That's all I could really find but I don't personally know if you can really change the login screen image.

BunnyJ, Aug 2, 2015
  7. Edwin New Member
    There is a software floating around to do what you desire but, I wouldn't bother for a number of reasons:

1. How long are you actually at that screen? Yeah, it's cool to be able to do it and admire it but, after a while it's just 'meh...'

2. I think the software messes with some 'Authentication .dll's' which throws up all kinds of red flags.

3. It's probably a huge security risk.

4. The next time you receive a Security Update, it'll get 'kicked out' anyway.

Edwin, Aug 2, 2015
  8. JoeShades Win User

JoeShades, Aug 2, 2015
  9. Greywolf Win User
    I used that one -- works like a charm! The map of Middle Earth now graces my login screen!

Greywolf, Aug 3, 2015
  10. Thanks for the information! Unfortunately that gave my machine cancer. I did a system restore which said it failed, and then it rebooted and it told me it worked. It caused the lock screen to flash between the lock screen and a blue screen with a loading wheel in it (although it appeared as a dot because it didn't have time to go around). Fine now but I don't want to touch that software again.

DanielDC88, Aug 5, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 5, 2015
  12. DanielDC88, Aug 11, 2015
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Sure. When you disable the sign in screen background image, then a solid color will be used as the background on the sign in screen for all users. When a user selects a color, it will change the background color with a slightly lighter accent color on their sign in screen. *Smile

Brink, Aug 11, 2015
  14. Gazzoid Win User
    Change Logon Screen Wallpaper [​IMG]

My Logon Screen *Biggrin

Gazzoid, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Change Logon Screen Wallpaper - Similar Threads - Change Logon Screen

2. Lock Screen Wallpaper not Changing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen Wallpaper not Changing.: After a recent Windows Update, I tried changing the lock screen wallpaper but the wallpaper has changed to a picture which i had set as a wallpaper 3-4 months ago. The picture was also deleted before 2-3 months but it is set as the wallpaper and is not changing. I tried...
  3. Lock Screen Wallpaper not Changing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen Wallpaper not Changing.: After a recent Windows Update, I tried changing the lock screen wallpaper but the wallpaper has changed to a picture which i had set as a wallpaper 3-4 months ago. The picture was also deleted before 2-3 months but it is set as the wallpaper and is not changing. I tried...
  4. changing wallpaper for lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing wallpaper for lock screen: i need to ulock edge to get new wallpaper for lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-wallpaper-for-lock-screen/8d4591d8-c9ba-4c53-932f-0a85867662c8
  5. changing wallpaper for lock screen

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    changing wallpaper for lock screen: i need to ulock edge to get new wallpaper for lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-wallpaper-for-lock-screen/8d4591d8-c9ba-4c53-932f-0a85867662c8
  6. Changing Boot & Logon Screens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Boot & Logon Screens: I'm making a theme for myself & have a few questions: 1. How do I change the Windows 10 Boot Screen & can I have it show a different image each time? 2. How do I change the Windows 10 Logon/Lock Screen & can I have it show a different image each time? 171585
  7. GPO for Logon Screen Wallpaper change in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GPO for Logon Screen Wallpaper change in Windows 10 Pro: Hello, I have applied a GPO for Logon Screen Wallpaper but the policy has been already taken by computer , but the wallpaper is not coming in User logon screen. We have Windows 10 Pro operating system. Can you please help regarding this....
  8. [SOLVED] Changing the wallpaper on the BOOT, LOCK, and LOGON screens

[SOLVED] Changing the wallpaper on the BOOT, LOCK, and LOGON screens: Just want to share my experience here. I was having a problem changing the wallpaper on the BOOT screen, the first one you see when you power on the computer. I was only able to customize the wallpaper on my LOCK and LOGON screens through Windows Settings. The wallpaper on...
  9. Automatically change logon screen wallpaper

Automatically change logon screen wallpaper: Hi It took me a while to discover that the lock screen and the logon screen are not the same thing. Thankfully I know know that they are different things. Whenever I startup windows 10 I always land on the login screen, perfect for security reasons (the password)...
  10. Lock screen wallpaper will not change

Lock screen wallpaper will not change: Hello, Upon upgrading to Windows 10, I've noticed that my lock screen image did not move across with the upgrade. Also, when I try to change the lock screen image through settings, it never shows up. It only shows the color that is set for the settings. Has anyone else...