Windows 10: Sign in Screen - Use Old or New in Windows 10

Discus and support Sign in Screen - Use Old or New in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Sign in Screen - Use Old or New in Windows 10 How to Use the Old or New Lock and Sign in Screen in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Sign in Screen - Use Old or New in Windows 10

How to: Sign in Screen - Use Old or New in Windows 10

How to Use the Old or New Lock and Sign in Screen in Windows 10

Sign in Screen - Use Old or New in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Windows 10 has a new sign in screen that is more modern and touch friendly.

This tutorial will show you how to set all users to use the old or new lock and sign in screen in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to do the steps in this tutorial.

EXAMPLE: New and Old Lock and Sign in screen

Here's How:

Note The .reg files below will change the registry key and value below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\TestHooks

Threshold DWORD

0 = Old sign-in
    1 = New sign-in

1. Do step 2 (old) or step 3 (new) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Use Old Lock and Sign-in Screen
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Use_Old_Lock_and_Sign-in_Screen.reg

Download

3. To Use New Lock and Sign-in Screen
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Use_New_Lock_and_Sign-in_Screen.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

8. You will see the change the next time you sign in.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Dec 3, 2015
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Sign in Screen - Use Old or New in Windows 10

Jigsaw can't sign in

Another solution you may perform is to sign in to the game using a different user account.
    This can help us determine if this is due to corrupted account data. Refer to the steps below:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon from the bottom-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select your account name from the top-left corner of the menu, and then select Switch account.
    • Sign in with an account other than the one you were using. Sign in to the game and check if the same issue occurs.
    If you don't have other accounts, kindly create a new one. See Create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    for the steps. Make sure to set the account as an administrator.

If it works using the new account, this proves to be due to a corrupted user data. We suggest transferring your data to the new account. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows + X keys.
    • Select File Explorer.
    • Choose This PC and double-click Local Disk (CSign in Screen - Use Old or New in Windows 10 :).
    • Click Users.
    • Copy all the folders inside the old user profile to the new user profile.
    • Restart your device and sign in to the new user account.
    • Check if you can see all the files you've copied. Your new user account should look like your old one. However, you'll need to change the desktop background.
    Notify us with the results.

Catherine Cus., Oct 26, 2019
  5. Windows 10 spotlight lock screen wallpaper is not present in sign in screen. Plz. Let me know the remedy

Hi,

It's possible that the option to show a background picture on your sign-in screen is disabled that's why
    Windows Spotlight is not showing there. To provide the best solution to the issue, we'd like to isolate it first by asking a few questions:

• Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?
    • Which Windows 10 version and build is currently installed on your computer? To check, click the
      Start > Settings > System >
      About

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps below to enable the background picture on your sign-in screen:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • Go to Personalization > Lock Screen.
    • Enable the option under Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen.

We look forward to your response.

Angela Pun, Oct 26, 2019
  6. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Sign in Screen - Use Old or New in Windows 10

1. Sign in Screen - Use Old or New in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Sign Screen Old

2. can't sign in to new account from old

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't sign in to new account from old: my computer automatically directs to a ms account I had to cancel. I try to redirect to my new account - I give the pin, the new log in, and the password and I get an error message about an invalid state change. what do I do?...
  3. can't sign in to new account from old

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't sign in to new account from old: my computer automatically directs to a ms account I had to cancel. I try to redirect to my new account - I give the pin, the new log in, and the password and I get an error message about an invalid state change. what do I do?...
  4. Microsoft account signing using old account info and not the new account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account signing using old account info and not the new account.: When I sign into my laptop it only prompts me for my Microsoft account information and it has my very old account information. And that account has been disable. I want to use my new account information however it won’t allow me to enter that new account. It’s stuck in a...
  5. Microsoft account signing using old account info and not the new account.

Microsoft account signing using old account info and not the new account.: When I sign into my laptop it only prompts me for my Microsoft account information and it has my very old account information. And that account has been disable. I want to use my new account information however it won’t allow me to enter that new account. It’s stuck in a...
  6. Old email address still used as sign-in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old email address still used as sign-in?: I recently changed my primary alias to my new email address, but the 2-factor authentication and other sign-ins still mainly use my old address. How do get the 2-factor authentication to use my new address?...
  7. Old email address still used as sign-in?

Old email address still used as sign-in?: I recently changed my primary alias to my new email address, but the 2-factor authentication and other sign-ins still mainly use my old address. How do get the 2-factor authentication to use my new address?...
  8. Using an old Windows 10 product key for a new PC build

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using an old Windows 10 product key for a new PC build: I got a laptop 2 years ago that came with windows 10 on it. Juice spilled on it, and now it's broken. Won't turn on or light up even when plugged in. Is there an easy way I can recover my Windows 10 product key from it, or does Microsoft prevent you from doing this? I would...
  9. Use Old or New Volume Control UI in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Use Old or New Volume Control UI in Windows 10: How to: Use Old or New Volume Control UI in Windows 10 How to Use Old or New Volume Control in Windows 10 When you click/tap on the volume system icon on the taskbar in Windows 10, a new modern volume control will open. This tutorial will show you how to switch to...
  10. Use Old or New Battery Flyout Power Indicator in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Use Old or New Battery Flyout Power Indicator in Windows 10: How to: Use Old or New Battery Flyout Power Indicator in Windows 10 [img] Information When you click/tap on the Power icon in the taskbar notification area, you will see the battery level indicator. The battery indicator has been updated in Windows 10 to be more modern...