Windows 10: Change Name Cortana Uses for You in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Name Cortana Uses for You in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Name Cortana Uses for You in Windows 10 How to Change the Name Cortana Uses for You in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Name Cortana Uses for You in Windows 10

How to: Change Name Cortana Uses for You in Windows 10

How to Change the Name Cortana Uses for You in Windows 10

Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your device and the version of Cortana youre using, Cortana can provide a range of features, some of which are personalized. Cortana on Windows is available in certain regions and languages. If Cortana isnt available for your Windows device, you can still search for files on your device in the search box on the taskbar. Cortana is also available on other platforms, such as Android and iOS, in select markets.

Cortana works best when you sign in and let her use data from your device, other Microsoft services, and third-party services you choose to connect. To provide you with personalized experiences, Cortana learns from certain data about you, such as your searches, calendar, contacts, and location. Youre in control of how much data you share. If you choose not to sign into Cortana on Windows, you can still chat with Cortana and use her to help you search the web, documents stored in Microsoft services like OneDrive, and your Windows device. See the section about Windows Search in the Privacy Statement for more information. If you dont sign in, or you choose to sign out, your experiences will be more limited and they wont be personalized with your Cortana data. On iOS and Android devices, Cortana only works when you sign in.

This tutorial will show you how to change the name Cortana uses for you, or how Cortana pronounces it in Windows 10.

Here's How:
    1. Click/tap on the Cortana icon on the taskbar, click/tap on the Notebook
    Change Name Cortana Uses for You in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    icon, and click/tap on your email address. (see screenshot below)

2. Click/tap on Change my name. (see screenshot below)

3. Type in a name you want Cortana to call you, and click/tap on Enter. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on the play button to see how Cortana will say your name. (see screenshot below)

5. If it sounds good to you, then click/tap on Sounds good, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

6. If it doesn't sound good to you, then click/tap on That's wrong. (see screenshot below)

A) Click/tap on the mic icon, and say your name how you want Cortana to pronounce it. (see screenshot below)

B) Click/tap on the play button to see if it sounds good to you now. (see screenshot below)

C) If it doesn't sound good, then click/tap on That's wrong, and continue with Cortana until it does sound good.

D) If it does sound good, then click/tap on This one, and step 7 below.

7. Click/tap on Done. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 28, 2016
  2. Arul_D Win User

Cortana not changing name

Hi Sanvithi,

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Do you receive any error code or error message on the screen?
    I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

• Open Cortana's window and navigate to the
      Notebook
      panel.

• Within the Notebook tab, navigate to the About Me section.

• Select Change my name.

• Type in the name you wish Cortana to call you.

• When prompted to, choose that’s wrong at the bottom.

• You will be asked to "tap" the microphone to change the way Cortana pronounces your name. Do so.

• Select this one when she has the updated pronunciation.

• To test that she is referring to you correctly, ask "What is my name?"

Check if it helps.
    You may refer to this article to check if this helps.

Change what Cortana calls you:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-what-cortana-calls-you#

I hope the issue will be resolved. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Oct 26, 2019
  3. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

Change Cortana's Name

Hi,

Changing Cortana's name is not possible since Cortana is the name of the actual feature in Windows 10.

We welcome your feedback and suggestions for us to improve our products and services.

You can go to this
    page
    to provide your feedback, or download the Feedback Hub available in Windows Store.

Let us know if you need more help.

Ruz San, Oct 26, 2019
  5. How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Oct 26, 2019
  6. How do I change the network adapter name? (Windows 10)

Press Windows Key + R, type secpol.msc and press Enter to run it. In Local Security Policy window, go to the Network List Manager Policies in the left pane. Now in the right pane double click on the network name that you want to change. In the Properties windows under the Name section make sure that Name is selected. Now in the input field enter the name that you wish to use for your connection. Click Apply then OK to save the changes. And you might have to log in again or to restart your computer before the changes are applied.

lorraine walsh, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Change Name Cortana Uses for You in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Name Cortana

2. How do you change the User Name used to access a networked computer. Not the PC name the...

in Cortana
    How do you change the User Name used to access a networked computer. Not the PC name the...: Hi,I do find this confusing,I have a have laptop called "Samsung"when I try to log into it, it is found under "\\Samsung"CredentialsSamsungPWdoes not work.Using Ctrl Alt Del I can see that this laptop User is "Kitchen" can't ever remember setting this but means to access the...
  3. How do you change the User Name used to access a networked computer. Not the PC name the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you change the User Name used to access a networked computer. Not the PC name the...: Hi,I do find this confusing,I have a have laptop called "Samsung"when I try to log into it, it is found under "\\Samsung"CredentialsSamsungPWdoes not work.Using Ctrl Alt Del I can see that this laptop User is "Kitchen" can't ever remember setting this but means to access the...
  4. How do you change the User Name used to access a networked computer. Not the PC name the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do you change your name???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you change your name???: Hiw do you change you name?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-your-name/9616f675-3426-4c98-8e5d-07419187e848
  6. Change the name of the cortana app

Change the name of the cortana app: Good morning. Having elaborated W10 Pro> Lite, almost like LTSC, I ask if it is possible to change the name of the "Cortana" button in "Search" as LTSC. Thank you [ATTACH] [ATTACH] 122759
  7. How in heaven's name do you change a font style in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How in heaven's name do you change a font style in Windows 10?: *cry I've always preferred the Georgia font style for use on the desktop Icons and menus throughout. When I upgraded to Win 10 a default Font style was placed instead. I've scoured online for solutions to what ought to be a very simple and elementary adjustment. I've...
  8. Changing user name on used computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing user name on used computer: I got a used computer and when I set it up I logged in with my Microsoft account. This worked fine it changed my login and I am the admin of this computer. My problem is when I go into the file explorer under user it still says the previous users name. Is there a way to...
  9. Do you use Cortana?

Do you use Cortana?: Does anyone use Cortana on their computer or tablet? Useful productivity tool, cute novelty, or marketing gimmick? 11163
  10. Change Cortana Language in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Cortana Language in Windows 10: How to: Change Cortana Language in Windows 10 How to Change Cortana Language in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your device and the version of Cortana...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change the name cortana uses

2. how to choose which mic cortana uses