Windows 10: Have Cortana Learn your Voice for Hey Cortana in Windows 10

Discus and support Have Cortana Learn your Voice for Hey Cortana in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Have Cortana Learn your Voice for Hey Cortana in Windows 10 How to Have Cortana Learn your Voice for 'Hey Cortana' in Windows 10 Cortana... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Have Cortana Learn your Voice for Hey Cortana in Windows 10

How to: Have Cortana Learn your Voice for Hey Cortana in Windows 10

How to Have Cortana Learn your Voice for 'Hey Cortana' in Windows 10

Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your device and the version of Cortana youre using, Cortana can provide a range of features, some of which are personalized. Cortana on Windows is available in certain regions and languages. If Cortana isnt available for your Windows device, you can still search for files on your device in the search box on the taskbar. Cortana is also available on other platforms, such as Android and iOS, in select markets.

Cortana works best when you sign in and let her use data from your device, other Microsoft services, and third-party services you choose to connect. To provide you with personalized experiences, Cortana learns from certain data about you, such as your searches, calendar, contacts, and location. Youre in control of how much data you share. If you choose not to sign into Cortana on Windows, you can still chat with Cortana and use her to help you search the web, documents stored in Microsoft services like OneDrive, and your Windows device. See the section about Windows Search in the Privacy Statement for more information. If you dont sign in, or you choose to sign out, your experiences will be more limited and they wont be personalized with your Cortana data. On iOS and Android devices, Cortana only works when you sign in.

For more information about Cortana, see: What is Cortana - Microsoft Windows

If Cortana doesn't respond when you speak, you can troubleshoot by checking and setting up the microphone to make sure Cortana can hear you.

This tutorial will show you how to troubleshoot the microphone if Cortana does not respond when you speak Hey Cortana in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Cortana icon.

2. Click/tap on Talk to Cortana on the left side, and click/tap on the Check the microphone link under Microphone on the right side. (see screenshot below)

Have Cortana Learn your Voice for Hey Cortana in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. Click/tap on Cortana can't hear me. (see screenshot below)

4. Select (dot) your microphone, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

5. Click/tap on Set up the mic. (see screenshot below)

6. Click/tap on Next when ready to set up your microphone. (see screenshot below)

7. Read aloud the sentence, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

8. When troubleshooting has completed, you clan click/tap on Close after reviewing the results. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 23, 2016

2. No learn voice button ,how to force Cortana to learn my voice again ?

There is NO button to "relearn voice" under "Hey Cortana" button which is enabled. Btw, Cortana does not recognize "Hey Cortana" any more, but it listen only if I press microphone button. Microphone is working normally with Cortana and other apps. I would
    like to force Cortana to learn my voice again. But how ? Is there a way to re install Cortana. I tried to disable Cortana, clear all data local an in cloud but still once when I enable it does not need new setting any more. Tells that everything is set. And
    again there is no button to re learn my voice.
    Need help pls.

Hogarfield, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Cortana will not respond to "Hey Cortana" unless I click microphone icon first

Hello Lucille,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience you have experienced.

Suggest you to check this issue by restarting your PC once, after complete shutdown, to see if it fix the issue. Also check if any pending Windows Updates available out there.
    Go to Start Button/>Settings/>Update & Security/> Windows Update and click
    Check Updates. If any, try to install them and see if it cures the issue.

Now coming to Cortana settings, try selecting Respond Best />To me option
    under Hey Cortana in Cortana settings.
    After that, let’s make Cortana learn your voice by training Cortana to identify your voice. Below are the steps to do so,

* Click on the Search Bar next to the start button on your taskbar

* Next click ‘Hamburger’ on top of jumper Menu,
    navigate to Notebook Icon> Settings> Hey Cortana

* Under Respond best click
    ‘Learn my voice’ then‘Start’

* Cortana gives you six phrases to repeat so she can get familiar with your voice. Example:

• Hey Cortana, do I have anything on Saturday?

• Hey Cortana, what's the traffic like on the way to work?
    * Repeat all phrases that Cortana gives. Once done try to command Cortana with your voice and see if it works.

Refer the below mentioned article for more Instance

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-what-is-cortana

Let us know if problem persist, we’re glad to assist you.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Rei 3more Win User

Cortana works but won't open using "Hey Cortana"

Hey Cortana is ON. It is set to respond to anyone. Does this matter at all? Will it answer my Hey Cortana when I speak it? I did that learn my voice and it finished but then when I tried before if the Hey Cortana works, it didn't still. Let me try to do
    your suggestion.

Thanks in advance if it works. If not, thanks anyway.

Rei 3more, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Hey Cortana [Denim] Update Voice Commands Not working

Anyone got "Hey Cortana" in Windows Phone 8.1 (Denim > Settings) to recognize their voice without problems ? I've had Cortana recognize my voice twice in the two step process, but never the second step ?

StraightWorld, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Cortana will not respond to "Hey Cortana" unless I click microphone icon first

I've already done these things twice. Also, as stated before, everything is turned on and set up for Cortana to respond to "Hey Cortana," yet she will only respond to me at all only if I click on the microphone first.

LucilleBuckley, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Have Cortana Learn your Voice for Hey Cortana in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cortana Learn Voice

2. What happened to the Voice Command, Hey Cortana?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to the Voice Command, Hey Cortana?: The "Hey Cortana!" Feature was on Windows 10! Can you please put it on Windows 11, please? I would really appreciate it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-the-voice-command-hey-cortana/ffd8cc1d-8ee4-47de-9470-d3c266c2f86e
  3. What happened to the Voice Command, Hey Cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened to the Voice Command, Hey Cortana?: The "Hey Cortana!" Feature was on Windows 10! Can you please put it on Windows 11, please? I would really appreciate it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-the-voice-command-hey-cortana/ffd8cc1d-8ee4-47de-9470-d3c266c2f86e
  4. Windows 10 Cortana "learn my voice" is missing

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Cortana "learn my voice" is missing: As I said: Windows 10 Cortana "learn my voice" is missing. If I go into "Windows Settings" There is no "Cortana" option. Even when I use the search box. If I open up Cortona and select the gear icon, it will open up but won't offer the option to learn my voice. Nor is the...
  5. learn how I say hey cortana"

in Cortana
    learn how I say hey cortana": I have Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit V2004 build 19041.388 and I want to enable hey cartana but I want it to response only to my voice but I can't find 'learn how I say hey cortana"' button in windows search is it deleted? if yes can I bring it back? if yes how?...
  6. Cortana "learn my voice" feature in the files?

in Cortana
    Cortana "learn my voice" feature in the files?: As we all know the "learn my voice" feature for Cortana has been removed. I'm wondering 2 things: first, when it was removed does "learn my voice" still work? If so, is there a way to disable it. Secondly, where would the local vocal model for my voice be stored. I've done...
  7. Hey, Cortana!

in Cortana
    Hey, Cortana!: Apparently I can´t find nowhere the settings for the command Hey, Cortana! Did they disabled the feature? Windows 10 home -ver. 1909 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-cortana/ed5cc79b-5cb3-4ae3-90e6-bfbc87aa32a7"
  8. Cortana not respon to hey cortana

in Cortana
    Cortana not respon to hey cortana: My cortana not respond to Hey Cortana. I need to press windows+c key or the icon to activate it to start talking. Cortana still respond to hey cortana last week. [ATTACH]...
  9. Learn how I say "Hey Cortana" is not working.

in Cortana
    Learn how I say "Hey Cortana" is not working.: when i press Learn how i say "hey cortana" and try to talk i can't https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/learn-how-i-say-hey-cortana-is-not-working/1bfa9e7b-8cbe-40b1-b90c-46e6f490b0fc"
  10. I can not learn cortana how i say hey cortana.

in Cortana
    I can not learn cortana how i say hey cortana.: If i go to cortana setings. And press "Learn how i say "Hey Cortana"". [ATTACH] Every thinks work pretty good but after i should say frst phrases it close and doesnt work. Normali cortana can hear me and do every think that i told her but when i want to learn her that it...