Windows 10: Change Size of Scroll Bars in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Size of Scroll Bars in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Size of Scroll Bars in Windows 10 How to Change the Size of Scroll Bars in Windows 10 In Windows 10, it is possible for you to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by garryt, Mar 23, 2017.

1. garryt Win User

Change Size of Scroll Bars in Windows 10

How to: Change Size of Scroll Bars in Windows 10

How to Change the Size of Scroll Bars in Windows 10

In Windows 10, it is possible for you to change the scroll bar width to be thinner or thicker, and change the scroll bar button size to be smaller or larger.

This tutorial will show you how to change the scroll bar width and scrollbar button size for your account in Windows 10.

*note This will not affect the scroll bars in Store apps and any modern UI (ex: Settings).

Here's How:

1. Open Registry Editor (regedit.exe).

2. Navigate to the key below in the left pane of Registry Editor. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics

Change Size of Scroll Bars in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. To Change Scroll Bar Width to be Thinner or Thicker
    A) In the right pane of the WindowsMetrics key, double click/tap on the ScrollWidth string value to modify it. (see screenshot below step 2)

B) Enter a value between -120 (thinner) to -1500 (thicker) for what you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

Note -255 is the default value.

The value uses the following formula: -15 x width you want in pixels.

For example: -15 x 17 = -255

4. To Change Scroll Bar Button Size to be Smaller or Larger
    A) In the right pane of the WindowsMetrics key, double click/tap on the ScrollHeight string value to modify it. (see screenshot below step 2)

B) Enter a value between -120 (smaller) to -1500 (larger) for what you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

Note -255 is the default value.

The value uses the following formula: -15 x size you want in pixels.

For example: -15 x 17 = -255

5. When finished, close Registry Editor.

6. sign in to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

garryt, Mar 23, 2017
  2. teriod Win User

Windows 10 - how can i change the size of the scroll bar ? it used to be under properties but not on Windows 10

Windows 10 - how can i change the size of the scroll bar ? it used to be under properties but not on Windows 10

teriod, Mar 23, 2017
  3. Windows 10 scroll bar/slide bar disappears and it's too thin

I upgraded to Windows 10 and my scroll bar/slide bar disappears after a few seconds even with the pointer still on the arrow, I have to move off the arrow and back on it to get the page to scroll. Plus I can't change the size of the scroll bar to make
    it wider.

LottieScobee, Mar 23, 2017
  4. 91fw Win User

Fantastic. Even works in SeaMonkey. Both vertical and horizontal. Thank you *Smile

Thema:

1. Change Size of Scroll Bars in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Size Scroll

2. How to change the scroll bar color in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the scroll bar color in Windows 10?: I don't understand why Microsoft, in its infinite wisdom, has made the scroll bar the same color as the background in Dark Mode. Why on earth is it black on black? Does anyone have a remedy for this? :-( - - - Updated - - - Figured it out. I wanted to delete it, but there...
  3. Change title bar text size Windows 10

Change title bar text size Windows 10: how Change title bar text size Windows 10 it is so match small https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-title-bar-text-size-windows-10/331ebc7d-58ea-489b-9ee2-9d5cfc2de4e7
  4. How to change the light grey scroll bar in windows 10

How to change the light grey scroll bar in windows 10: How to change the light grey scroll bar in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-light-grey-scroll-bar-in-windows/fc8152e3-4548-41b4-99ba-aa11f8cadf48
  5. Scroll Bar Not Scrolling

Scroll Bar Not Scrolling: On some websites, the scroll bar just doesn't scroll down. It's not like it's not there, it just doesn't move at all. Trying to drag it or press the buttons at the top or bottom doesn't work either. You can see the issuehere. Are any of you other guys having this problem?...
  6. How to change color of scroll bars in windows 10?

How to change color of scroll bars in windows 10?: How to change color of scroll bars in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-color-of-scroll-bars-in-windows-10/c5775c67-0f04-4dac-b633-3e2ec18c83c7
  7. Search bar size change

in Cortana
    Search bar size change: Just updated to 1903 version of windows from a 1709 or 1703 ( i don't remember which). And I am not really a fan of the size change of the search bar. Is there any way to reduce its size? Previous build size (which i liked): [ATTACH] Current build size (not a fan):...
  8. Change title bar text size Windows 10

Change title bar text size Windows 10: Where can I change the title bar text size? When I go to Display I don't see an option to change the size of the title bar. These are the options I have....
  9. Changing the size of the Scroll Bar

Changing the size of the Scroll Bar: Does anyone know how to change the default size of the horizontal scroll bar in Windows 10? 10783
  10. Change Title Bar Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Title Bar Text Size in Windows 10: How to: Change Title Bar Text Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Size for Title Bars in Windows 10 The title bar is a bar located at the top of a window, desktop app, or dialog box that displays it's name. You can make the text of title bars on your screen easier...