Windows 10: Change Touch Scrolling Friction in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Touch Scrolling Friction in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Touch Scrolling Friction in Windows 10 How to Change Touch Scrolling Friction in Windows 10 If you have a touch screen in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Touch Scrolling Friction in Windows 10

How to: Change Touch Scrolling Friction in Windows 10

How to Change Touch Scrolling Friction in Windows 10

If you have a touch screen in Windows 10, you can change the touch scrolling friction to what you want. The friction is the amount of drag by which the content scrolls when you slide your finger to scroll. If you reduce the friction value, the touch scrolling speed will be faster. If you increase the friction value, it will scroll slower.

This tutorial will show you how to change the touch scrolling friction for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Touch scrolling

Here's How:

1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type regedit into Run, and click/tap on OK to open Registry Editor.

2. Navigate to the key below in the left pane of Registry Editor. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Wisp\Touch

Change Touch Scrolling Friction in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. In the right pane of Touch, double click/tap on the Friction DWORD to modify it. (see screenshot above)

4. Type in a number between 0 to 64 for how much friction you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

Note 32 is the default value.

You can play with setting different friction values and test afterwards to see which touch scrolling speed works best for you.

0 = No friction, and faster touch scrolling.

64 = More friction, and slower touch scrolling.

5. Close Registry Editor.

6. restart the computer to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 22, 2016
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Miree Win User
    touch screen scrolling

I've got the same problem. It seems, that Windows thinks that I'm just using a mouse. I can still use the Touch Screen, but every tap on it is like a left mouse-click. I'm not able to scroll down by swiping over the screen, scrolling just works when I use the right scrollbar.

I think that there is a problem in the device manager. It looks like there is something missing under the Human Interface Devices. There must be something like "HID-compliant touch screen", but my system doesn't have this device installed.

If someones touch screen working without any restrictions: Can you please tell me if you've got this device listed in the device-manager?

Thank you very much.

FYI: I still have the latest updates installed.

Miree, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Change Touch Scrolling Friction in Windows 10

How do I change scroll direction of a mouse NOT listed under Mice?

Thanks; yes, those are great directions and did work to change the direction of the wired mouse that came with the computer. But the mouse I'm using doesn't show up as a mouse in the hardware list, so I can't follow the rest of those steps. I need the mouse to appear on the list of mice in order to complete this sequence.

salishsong, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Arc Touch Mouse Not Scrolling

Hello Norman,

The Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them option might have been turned off that is why you cannot use the scroll pads. Kindly check if that option is turned off. You may follow these steps:

• Go to Settings, then select Mouse.
    • Check if the Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them is turned off. If so, turn that option on.

If the issue persists, kindly uninstall the Arc Touch Mouse driver for the , then reinstall it.

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Vanessa Oca, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Pops1 Win User
    touch screen scrolling

I upgraded to Win. 10 8/3. Everything seemed to work fine for 2 days. Then yesterday, the 5th, I could no longer scroll sites up or down by touching and moving my fingers up or down. The other touch functions still work, like going to links or sites, the 'click here' (touch here) options, close,etc. I can even scroll by touching the scroll bar and moving it up or down or right or left. My fingers don't scroll anymore unless they move the bar. And I just noticed areas on the sites don't get bigger or smaller with just fingers touching them and moving them farther apart either. But I don't know if that's supposed to happen. It did with Win 8. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks, Mike

Pops1, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Change Touch Scrolling Friction in Windows 10

1. Change Touch Scrolling Friction in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Touch Scrolling

2. touch pad scroll key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touch pad scroll key not working: my touch pad left right crolling not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-scroll-key-not-working/64b4dd80-f405-44cc-b5cd-90d68f24ba91
  3. touch pad scroll key not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    touch pad scroll key not working: my touch pad left right crolling not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-scroll-key-not-working/64b4dd80-f405-44cc-b5cd-90d68f24ba91
  4. how can i change my touch-pad scroll direction

how can i change my touch-pad scroll direction: how can i change my touch-pad scroll direction win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-my-touch-pad-scroll-direction/b6c4b203-f68e-489b-85e8-8a3dee16e6f0
  5. Touch pad scrolling

Touch pad scrolling: Just did an update and my touchpad scrolling is now reversed. Been pulling down to scroll down for years and now it is reversed. How do I revert back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-scrolling/d25a86e9-a66b-4a95-b4de-9b61aef7e088
  6. touch-pad scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touch-pad scrolling: Hi, When i first got this laptop the touch-pad scrolling was enabled and working fine, and all of a sudden it just stops working and I don't know why or how to fix it. I was reading a previous person's response who had the same question and I tried following the steps to...
  7. I need one touch scrolling on Windows 10

I need one touch scrolling on Windows 10: Hi, I have received an HP probook with Windows 10 a couple of days ago. One touch scrolling was active on my clickpad the first couple of days and then it suddenly disappeared. It may have something to do with the auto updates that are active. I looked around and could...
  8. Touch Pad Scrolling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touch Pad Scrolling: Hello, Im tring to get my touchpad to be able to scroll again and I can't find anything that works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-scrolling/89ebfb00-bfb4-4e3d-897d-969fdfa105c8
  9. Windows 10 upgrade - mouse touch pad stopped scrolling.

Windows 10 upgrade - mouse touch pad stopped scrolling.: Further to upgrading to W10 from W7 (on a W7 OS) my mouse touch pad has stopped scrolling. I've checked the drivers are up to date and yesterday I went through every single driver and downloaded everything that was out of date. If anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful. I'm...
  10. touch screen scrolling

in Windows 10 Support
    touch screen scrolling: I upgraded to Win. 10 8/3. Everything seemed to work fine for 2 days. Then yesterday, the 5th, I could no longer scroll sites up or down by touching and moving my fingers up or down. The other touch functions still work, like going to links or sites, the 'click here' (touch...