Windows 10: Change Tab Preview Hide and Show Delay Time in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Change Tab Preview Hide and Show Delay Time in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Tab Preview Hide and Show Delay Time in Microsoft Edge How to Change Microsoft Edge Tab Preview Hide and Show Delay Time in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cluster Head, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Change Tab Preview Hide and Show Delay Time in Microsoft Edge

How to: Change Tab Preview Hide and Show Delay Time in Microsoft Edge

How to Change Microsoft Edge Tab Preview Hide and Show Delay Time in Windows 10

Change Tab Preview Hide and Show Delay Time in Microsoft Edge [​IMG]
    Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web.

Starting with Window 10 build 10565, you can now hover over your open tabs in Microsoft Edge and get a preview of what’s on those websites.

If you like, you can change the tap preview hide and show delay timeout to what you want.

Tab Preview hide delay - This is the amount of time a tab preview will continue to show after you move the pointer away from the tab and preview thumbnail. By default, the tab preview will close (hide) instantly when you move the pointer away.

Tab Preview show delay - This is the amount of time it takes to show a tab preview when you hover your pointer over open tabs in Microsoft Edge. By default, the tab preview will show just under a second when you hover your pointer over a tab.

This tutorial will show you how to change the tab preview hide and show delay time in Microsoft Edge for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Change Tab Preview Hide Delay Time in Microsoft Edge
    • Option Two: To Change Tab Preview Show Delay Time in Microsoft Edge

EXAMPLE: Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge

OPTION ONE [/i] To Change Tab Preview Hide Delay Time in Microsoft Edge
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog, type regedit, and click/tap on OK to open Registry Editor.

2. If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes.

3. In the left pane of Registry Editor, navigate to the TabbedBrowsing key at the location below. (see screenshot below)
    Code:

4. Do step 5 (change) or step 6 (default) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Change Tab Preview Hide Delay Time in Microsoft Edge
    A) In the right pane of the TabbedBrowsing key, double click/tap on the TabPeekHideDelay DWORD to modify it. (see screenshot below step 3)

Note If you don't have a TabPeekHideDelay DWORD, then right click or press and hold on an empty area in the right pane of the TabbedBrowsing key, click/tap on New and DWORD (32-bit) Value, type TabPeekHideDelay, and press Enter.

B) Select (dot) Decimal, type how many milliseconds (1000 milliseconds = 1 second) you want for the hide delay, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

6. To Restore Default Tab Preview Hide Delay Time in Microsoft Edge
    A) In the right pane of the TabbedBrowsing key, right click or press and hold on the TabPeekHideDelay DWORD, and click/tap on Delete. (see screenshot below step 3)

B) Click/tap on Yes to confirm, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. Close Registry Editor.

8. If Microsoft Edge is currently open, then close and reopen Microsoft Edge to apply.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Change Tab Preview Show Delay Time in Microsoft Edge
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog, type regedit, and click/tap on OK to open Registry Editor.

2. If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes.

3. In the left pane of Registry Editor, navigate to the TabbedBrowsing key at the location below. (see screenshot below)
    Code:

4. Do step 5 (change) or step 6 (default) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Change Tab Preview Show Delay Time in Microsoft Edge
    A) In the right pane of the TabbedBrowsing key, double click/tap on the TabPeekShowDelay DWORD to modify it. (see screenshot below step 3)

Note If you don't have a TabPeekShowDelay DWORD, then right click or press and hold on an empty area in the right pane of the TabbedBrowsing key, click/tap on New and DWORD (32-bit) Value, type TabPeekShowDelay, and press Enter.

B) Select (dot) Decimal, type how many milliseconds (1000 milliseconds = 1 second) you want for the show delay, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

6. To Restore Default Tab Preview Show Delay Time in Microsoft Edge
    A) In the right pane of the TabbedBrowsing key, right click or press and hold on the TabPeekShowDelay DWORD, and click/tap on Delete. (see screenshot below step 3)

B) Click/tap on Yes to confirm, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. Close Registry Editor.

8. If Microsoft Edge is currently open, then close and reopen Microsoft Edge to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Cluster Head, Oct 27, 2015
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. winactive Win User
    Turn On or Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge

Thanks for the reply. The 'hover' previews I don't actually mind, it's more the down arrow '˅' next to the new tab '+' that opens that horrible chasm that has to be clicked back to dismiss.

winactive, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Change Tab Preview Hide and Show Delay Time in Microsoft Edge

Edge taskbar preview only showing first tab.

My problem is that the Edge thumbnail preview that displays when hovering over the icon on the taskbar only shows the active tab in each window, instead of all tabs. This started after I had an issue were Edge opened off screen (running multiple displays).
    I had to use shift + right click Move to get it back. That's when it stopped showing all the tabs in the preview. It still shows the different windows I have open, but only the active tab on each window. Internet Explorer still shows all the open tabs in
    the taskbar preview. The taskbar preview works for all other programs I tried so the problem seems to be isolated to Edge. I was able to narrow it down to about a 15 minute window of when the change occurred so if there are any event logs that might shed
    light on what happened.

ShorterBuss, Oct 26, 2019
  5. preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Change Tab Preview Hide and Show Delay Time in Microsoft Edge

1. Change Tab Preview Hide and Show Delay Time in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Change Tab Preview

2. alt + tab not showing edge tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    alt + tab not showing edge tabs: alt + tab not showing edge tabs but in my settings it is selected. how can I solve this problem?changes in regedit did not solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-not-showing-edge-tabs/38263121-8782-4afb-b2c1-c8af929ac6da
  3. How to hide Title Bar with Vertical Tabs in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to hide Title Bar with Vertical Tabs in Microsoft Edge: Microsoft has introduced an improved version of edge with added features such as the ability to access Wikipedia using immersive Reader, improved read-out-loud feature, and crash setup fixing. The bug fixing feature has added starts to its performance. Along with all these...
  4. Hide or Show Title Bar when using Vertical Tabs in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Hide or Show Title Bar when using Vertical Tabs in Microsoft Edge: It's easy to end up with a ton of tabs open. The more you have open, the more difficult it becomes to find, switch between, and manage them. With vertical tabs, you can easily shift to view your tabs in a pane to the side. This allows you to easily see the titles and access...
  5. Tab previews edge chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Tab previews edge chromium: Is tab previews a feature of edge chromium? Kind of how one can preview the windows when hovering over the taskbar I seem to remember could do the same with tabs open on edge, or old edge. Is this not a feature in edge chromium? I am just on the normal public build. thanks,...
  6. You can now hide (or show) Edge's "Vertical tabs" button.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    You can now hide (or show) Edge's "Vertical tabs" button.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j1i1gg/you_can_now_hide_or_show_edges_vertical_tabs/
  7. Edge taskbar preview only showing first tab.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge taskbar preview only showing first tab.: My problem is that the Edge thumbnail preview that displays when hovering over the icon on the taskbar only shows the active tab in each window, instead of all tabs. This started after I had an issue were Edge opened off screen (running multiple displays). I had to use...
  8. Turn On or Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge: How to: Turn On or Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge How to Turn On or Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...
  9. Change Menu Show Delay Time in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Menu Show Delay Time in Windows 10: How to: Change Menu Show Delay Time in Windows 10 How to Change Menu Show Delay Time in Windows 10 The MenuShowDelay property indicates the time, in milliseconds, that the system waits before displaying a cascaded shortcut menu when the mouse cursor is over a submenu...
  10. Hide or Show Tab Preview Bar in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Tab Preview Bar in Microsoft Edge: How to: Hide or Show Tab Preview Bar in Microsoft Edge How to Hide or Show Tab Preview Bar in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...