Windows 10: Clear and Reset Store Cache in Windows 10

Discus and support Clear and Reset Store Cache in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Hi, Brink, Part One has fixed this , but it didn't go exactly as described, and I thought I'd tell my experience. I was having this problem on my Dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Gladitor04, Sep 14, 2015.

1. NanGD Win User

Clear and Reset Store Cache in Windows 10

Hi, Brink,
    Part One has fixed this
    , but it didn't go exactly as described, and I thought I'd tell my experience. I was having this problem on my Dell Venue Pro Tablet with Windows 10. Anything from the store, new or an update, hung up in pending status. I did Part One, Steps #1, #2, and saw the command window as shown in #3, but no store opened behind it. I waited but after 15 minutes, it still hadn't closed automatically as expected. So I closed it. Then thought I would do a restart and try again. The restart did some an automatic Windows Update. After that my Store was working. I'm assuming that even though the command window in Part One of your instructions didn't close on its own, the WSReset did work.

I then did Part Two just to be sure this is cleaned up.

Also, just FYI, I have Norton Security with Backup, but I didn't do anything to toggle the firewalls (Norton & Microsoft) as mentioned by another person in this thread.

Windows 10 has been quirky suddenly. I've had it since Summer 2014, but only in the last 2 months had this problem and another problem where the START button stopped working on another Windows 10 device. Uninstalling and reinstalling Dropbox fixed that. Whew! And back on this tablet that had the Store apps problem, I'm ignoring the bogus Airplane Mode is on in Settings when it's really not on which I've found is a known unsolved issue.

Thank you for your help!

NanGD, Feb 21, 2016
  2. GWoltmann Win User

This tutorial was very useful. I'm sure there is so much more to learn.

GWoltmann, Feb 22, 2016
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm glad it could help GWoltmann, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Brink, Feb 22, 2016
  4. tapi Win User

thnx admin, the second method solved my problem for now. but when i use the app store the problem persist again.
    wsreset.exe doesnt clear cache, app wont download.
    i think the problem is with my windows app store *Huh

5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, May 13, 2016
  6. I'M TOTALLY SCREWED!!!!

I did what you said and now the Start menu doesn't work nothing works!! I don't even know how to get into settings or what to do at all!!!! I'm brand new to PC coming from Windows I was just trying to fix the Windows Store THIS IS REALLY REALLY BAD PLEASE HELP!!!

LocationDudeNYC, Jun 19, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Dude, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

It sounds like you have some sort of other issue at hand since nothing in the tutorial is able to cause that.

You might see if restarting the computer may sort it. If not, then you could do a repair install that should fix Windows without losing anything.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Brink, Jun 19, 2016
  8. Clear and Reset Store Cache in Windows 10

I can't open the Settings App. It won't open at all. The window opens for a sec and then immediately closes. PLEASE HELP I'M FREAKING OUT HERE!

9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Calm down, and restart your computer.

If you have to, press and hold the power button down until the PC powers off, then press the power button again to turn on again.

Brink, Jun 19, 2016
  10. Okay...I did that once, didn't help. What should I do? Sorry to interrupt your Sunday like this but I have to use my compute for work this is a real disaster.

i can't find a way at all to get into settings. I can access the control panel by right clicking in some areas. I'm running the latest build. Thanks for your help.

11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    In that case, see if you may be able to do a system restore at boot using a restore point dated before you had issues.

System Restore Windows 10

Brink, Jun 19, 2016
  12. Hey Brink, I was able to reset my computer. Apparently Restore wasn't available. Lost all programs.

I appreciate your help walking me through this, but I feel compelled to say your original advice may be a little dangerous. Like another poster who had this same issue, I followed your advice to the T. Maybe it's an issue with running on a Build or something.

Anyways, sorry for sounding like a teenage girl.

Now I know what to do the next time something like this happens.

13. Brink
    Brink New Member

That's ok. I'm sorry to hear that you reset your computer instead of doing a system restore or repair install to not lose anything.

I'm not sure what happened to cause this for you, but there's nothing in the tutorial that could have caused that since the tutorial will only reset and clear the Store cache that gets rebuilt the next time you sign in.

Brink, Jun 19, 2016
  14. TedJones Win User
    Hi, I have one issue with store and installing apps. I can't install and says something happened error 0x80070002

will this clear profile in registry help by this issue, I started having this since latest december cumulative update, I think.

Clear and Reset Store Cache in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Can this be a issue? I tried to repair windows update, msi installer, dism image, sfc scannow >> all ok, also delete repository folder, wsreset,..

Clear and Reset Store Cache in Windows 10 [​IMG]

TedJones, Jan 1, 2017
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jan 1, 2017
Thema:

1. Clear and Reset Store Cache in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Clear Reset Store

2. How to clear the Cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to clear the Cache in Windows 10: [ATTACH]There are times when users must make efforts to clear their Windows 10 cache, […] This article How to clear the Cache in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. clear cache

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    clear cache: How do I clear cache in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-cache/88e77c48-6176-469c-815c-2c825048c7fe
  4. How to Rebuild Icon Cache, Clear Thumbnail cache in Windows 10

How to Rebuild Icon Cache, Clear Thumbnail cache in Windows 10: Hi, I am facing problem as the Progress Bar keep running green after the optional windows update of KB455094 though I have deleted it but the problem remain same. Even Explorer can not be open unless I reboot computer whenever I have to access folders in Explorer....
  5. Clearing cach - windows 10

Clearing cach - windows 10: How do I clear cache? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clearing-cach-windows-10/42366b1a-40dd-4395-b170-b5137b4f0bd7
  6. Clearing update cache

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clearing update cache: I am thinking of cleaning up the update cache i saw how to do it via software distribution folder. I am wondering though is it safe to delete everything in the downloads below is what my folder looks like is it safe to delete everything or should i only delete certain...
  7. how to clear caches

how to clear caches: how to clear caches https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-caches/cfedf7a2-2ec3-465a-ba4e-ce8fce234761
  8. Clearing cache

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clearing cache: How do I clear cache on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clearing-cache/1b4043d8-15be-4402-8bac-078d8b32570c
  9. Clear and Reset External Display Cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear and Reset External Display Cache in Windows 10: How to: Clear and Reset External Display Cache in Windows 10 How to Clear and Reset External Display Cache in Windows 10 The display cache in Windows 10 helps the computer to remember what mode and resolution to use when a particular display output is detected from a...
  10. Clear and Reset Thumbnail Cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear and Reset Thumbnail Cache in Windows 10: How to: Clear and Reset Thumbnail Cache in Windows 10 How to Clear and Reset the Thumbnail Cache in Windows 10 Windows keeps a copy of all your folder, picture, video, and document thumbnails in a cache so they can be reused to quickly display when you open a folder...