Windows 10: Clear Location History on Windows 10 PC

Discus and support Clear Location History on Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Clear Location History on Windows 10 PC How to Clear Your Location History on Windows 10 PC Some apps need to know when youre in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Clear Location History on Windows 10 PC

How to: Clear Location History on Windows 10 PC

How to Clear Your Location History on Windows 10 PC

Some apps need to know when youre in a specific location to work correctly. For instance, if youve asked an app to remind you to buy bread when youre in the grocery store, the app will need to know when youre in the store. To give you maps to get you where youre going, or to show you lists of shops or restaurants near you, many apps and services request location information from your device. Thats what the Windows 10 location service does: tells your apps and services where you are or where youve been, so that you can get info more relevant to you.

Some Windows apps and services that use location info also use your location history. When the location setting is on, locations looked up by apps or services will be stored on the device for a limited time (24 hours in Windows 10), then deleted. Apps that have access to this info will be labeled Uses location history on the Location settings page.

See also: Windows 10 location service and privacy | Microsoft Support

This tutorial will show you how to manually clear the location history for your account in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Privacy icon.

2. Click/tap on Location on the left side in Settings, and click/tap on the Clear button under Location history on the right side. (see screenshot below)

Clear Location History on Windows 10 PC [​IMG]

3. You will now see a check mark to the right of the Clear button indicating your location history on this device has been cleared. (see screenshot below)

Clear Location History on Windows 10 PC [​IMG]

4. You can now close Settings if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jul 11, 2018
  2. acomic Win User

File explorer search history is not clearing

Hi

I have gone through all the steps in the following thread, but my file search history is not clearing or updating. Search terms clear, but the old search reappears with deleted files on it.

Search History in File Explorer - Clear in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Any help would be appreciated.

acomic, Oct 27, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    What does "Clear file explorer history" do?

Hi Astoach

Clearing File Explorer History simply deletes the list of file/folder locations visited in Explorer along with the list of any searches you performed in Explorer

Somehow that cache must have become corrupt and clearing that history deletes the cache and creates a new one

It is no harm to delete that history from time to time, it will not affect the good running of your PC . . .

DaveM121, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Clear Location History on Windows 10 PC

How can I change a location in Maps on Windows 10?

Hello Peter,

I suggest you to follow the steps below to know how to remove the location that you already saved and verify the result.

• Go to Start Menu.

• Select Settings
      and click on Privacy.

• Select Location and clear the Location History.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Nick Dich Win User
    Clearing Cortana's Pick Up Where You Left Off History?...

Hi,

You can follow the steps given below to clear Cortana's search history on your computer:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Privacy.
    • On the left side of the window, look for Speech, inking & typing.
    • Click Stop getting to know me.
    • You will get a popup notification that will clear suggestions, just click
      Turn off
    • If you wish to make Cortana record again suggestions for you moving forward after clearing the history, you can turn it on again by clicking
      Get to know me.

Kindly give us feedback if this helped you with your concern.

Nick Dich, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Clear history in music + videos

So if you have a history item you want off that list, the only option you currently have at this time is to play other items. As they appear in the list, the older history items will scroll off the list.

I would ask that you consider offering your thoughts at the official suggestion box and hopefully someone on the team will push to have that implemented.

I can tell you that they DO READ THEM and your input would be valuable.

Feature suggestions can be made at
    windowsphone.uservoice.com

You could also use the Suggestion Box app to post suggestions & feature requests for wp8 from your windows
    phone

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Clear Location History on Windows 10 PC

1. Clear Location History on Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - Clear Location History

2. Windows Explorer - Clear File Explorer History, does not clear history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer - Clear File Explorer History, does not clear history: In Windows 11 Enterprise Edition when going to:Win+EThree DotsOptionsTab "General"Section "Privacy"Button "Clear"The expectation is that using the Clear button will erase all File Explorer History. However when pressing the Clear button nothing is being erased and all files...
  3. Windows Explorer - Clear File Explorer History, does not clear history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer - Clear File Explorer History, does not clear history: In Windows 11 Enterprise Edition when going to:Win+EThree DotsOptionsTab "General"Section "Privacy"Button "Clear"The expectation is that using the Clear button will erase all File Explorer History. However when pressing the Clear button nothing is being erased and all files...
  4. How to clear or delete Location history in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to clear or delete Location history in Windows 11: [ATTACH]If you want to clear the Location history in Windows 11, here is how you can do that. There are two ways to remove the location history on your Windows 11 PC, and they require the Windows Settings panel and the Maps app. One of the best things about Windows 11 is that...
  5. clearing search history not clearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    clearing search history not clearing: I have tried the *** under history I still have search data. I have tried logging onto Microsoft to clear but the history still remains How do I clear this search history and keep it from storing?...
  6. Set, Change, or Clear Default Location for Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set, Change, or Clear Default Location for Windows 10 PC: How to: Set, Change, or Clear Default Location for Windows 10 PC How to Set, Change, or Clear Default Location for Windows 10 PC Some apps need to know when youre in a specific location to work correctly. For instance, if youve asked an app to remind you to buy bread...
  7. Clear Troubleshooting History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Troubleshooting History in Windows 10: How to: Clear Troubleshooting History in Windows 10 How to Clear Troubleshooting History in Windows 10 [img] Information If something isn't working in Windows 10, running a troubleshooter might help. Troubleshooters can find and fix many common problems for you....
  8. Clear Windows Update History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Windows Update History in Windows 10: How to: Clear Windows Update History in Windows 10 How to Clear Windows Update History in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 is a service, which means that it is upgraded with periodic software updates. While you can manually metered connections (where charges...
  9. Clear Activity History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Activity History in Windows 10: How to: Clear Activity History from Cloud in Windows 10 How to Clear Your Activity History from Cloud in Windows 10 Starting with let you pick up where you left off. Your collected activity history allows you to jump back into what you were doing with apps, docs, or...
  10. Clear Reliability History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Reliability History in Windows 10: How to: Clear Reliability History in Windows 10 How to Clear Reliability History in Windows 10 Reliability Monitor is an advanced tool that provides a system stability overview and details about events that impact reliability. It calculates the Stability Index shown in...