Windows 10: Turn On or Off Show Color on Title Bars in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Show Color on Title Bars in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Show Color on Title Bars and Borders in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show Accent Color on Title Bars and Borders in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by unko, Dec 8, 2015.

1. unko Win User

Turn On or Off Show Color on Title Bars in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Show Color on Title Bars and Borders in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Show Accent Color on Title Bars and Borders in Windows 10

When you change the accent color in Windows 10, it will change the color of your Start menu accents, Start button, taskbar, title bars, window borders, buttons, text, Settings accents, sign-in screen accents, and Action Center accents by default.

If you turn on show accent color on title bars and window borders, your selected accent color will show on the title bar and borders of the active window. The tile bars and borders of inactive windows will be a faded version of your accent color.

If you turn off show accent color on title bars and window borders, all title bars and window borders will only show with the default white color instead of your selected accent color.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off showing the accent color on title bars and window borders without affecting the color on Start, taskbar, and action center for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Show Accent Color on Title Bars and Window Borders in Settings
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Show Accent Color on Title Bars and Window Borders using a BAT file

EXAMPLE: Show accent color on title bars and window borders turned on and off

Turn On or Off Show Color on Title Bars in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Show Accent Color on Title Bars and Window Borders in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Personalization icon.

2. Click/tap on Colors on the left side, and check (on - default) or uncheck (off) Title bars and window borders under Show accent color on the following surfaces on the right side for what you want. (see screenshot below)
    3. You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Show Accent Color on Title Bars and Window Borders using a BAT file

Note The .bat files below will modify the DWORD values in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM

ColorPrevalence DWORD

0 = Turn off show color on title bar
    1 = Turn on show color on title bar

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Show Accent Color on Title Bars and Window Borders
    *note\] This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_On_Show_accent_color_on_Title_bars_and_borders.bat

Download

3. To Turn Off Show Accent Color on Title Bars and Window Borders
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_Off_Show_accent_color_on_Title_bars_and_borders.bat

Download
    4. Save the .bat file to your desktop.

5. Unblock the .bat file.

6. Double click/tap on the downloaded .bat file to run it.

7. You will now notice your screen flicker and a command prompt quickly open and close as explorer is restarted to apply the registry changes.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .bat file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

unko, Dec 8, 2015
  2. carolmso Win User

On Windows 10 how do I change the Active window border color?

Well, several re-starts after no updates remained, the title bars were still white. Ran winver, it said all was the same as the computer that has colored title bars. Looked in the color picker, "title bar" was in the description.

So, turned out the solution was easy (but should have been automatic...): turned the "show color" toggle off and then back on. Voila, color on the title bars!

Thanks!

C

carolmso, Dec 8, 2015
  3. lacrumb Win User
    restore visible distinction between top bar and menu bar of a window

Go Settings, Personalization, Colors, Show color on title bar. Turn it on

If you are in 15031 there is Show accent color on the following surfaces. One id Title bars.

Not necessarily working in non-Windows programs.

lacrumb, Dec 8, 2015
  4. unko Win User

I've installed Windows 10 again (on a VM) and did that straight : it does NOT work. My version is a clean one, i don't get it..!! I made sure i read well the tutorial and follow it's lines.. Also surprised i'm 1st one to post in this thread..*Shock

5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Dec 10, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    Here i thought this was going to be an added feature on build 10586, but still need to use a .bat file to do so.

jds63, Dec 10, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It had been like in the tutorial below, but it's a global setting for Start, taskbar, action center, and title bar.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

This tutorial will let you turn on/off the color for only the title bar instead. *Smile

Brink, Dec 10, 2015
  8. jds63 Win User

Give it a try, but i believe it looks like same tutorial i have tried in the past, dated May 2015, thanks

jds63, Dec 10, 2015
  9. jds63 Win User
    jds63, Dec 10, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Dec 10, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Dec 10, 2015
  12. unko Win User
    It shows "12%" since yesterday and won't move.. Quite buggy :/

13. Brink
    Brink New Member

It depends on how fast your internet connection is, and if there's any issues that could be affecting it.

Brink, Dec 10, 2015
  14. unko Win User
    How to set that color to black?

15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 5, 2016
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Show Color on Title Bars in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Show

2. Show accent color on title bars and windows borders is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show accent color on title bars and windows borders is not working: I am using Windows 11. I'd like my title bars to not be gray so I can more easily see them. It would make it much easier for me to see the windows to click and move them if they were a color. I followed the instructions on the Microsoft help page Change colors in Windows -...
  3. Show accent color on title bars and windows borders is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Show accent color on title bars and windows borders is not working: I am using Windows 11. I'd like my title bars to not be gray so I can more easily see them. It would make it much easier for me to see the windows to click and move them if they were a color. I followed the instructions on the Microsoft help page Change colors in Windows -...
  4. Settings App title bar color

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings App title bar color: Windows 10; 1909. I set "Settings > Personalize > Colors > Choose your color" to dark and the Settings App's title bar is black like background, how do I change it? 145752
  5. Title bar and task bar color

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Title bar and task bar color: [ATTACH] why is the title bar and the task bar not the exactly same color when set? the top bar always appears a little brighter than the start and action center it's the same with transparency effect, the button is always a little darker is it supposed to be this way?...
  6. title bar color, windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    title bar color, windows 10: Is there any possibility to make active window title bar color exactly the same as the accent color, not darker? I am using "automatically pick an accent color from the background" on and dark mode. I would like brighter colors on active window title bar. Thank you....
  7. show color on title bar

show color on title bar: In build 14905 and the latest, 14915, the title bars are black and you can't colorize them. 62261
  8. Colored Windows Title Bars

Colored Windows Title Bars: No Colored Windows Title Bars. I had this problem with my other computer. That computer had myriad of problems including the white title bar problem. To fix it I, (on the advise of someone on this forum), download a file. That fixed the problem. For all the...
  9. Change Title Bar Text Color in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Title Bar Text Color in Windows 10: How to: Change Title Bar Text Color in Windows 10 How to Change Title Bar Text Color in Windows 10 Title bar text of open windows will have a separate color for active and inactive windows. An active window is the current open window you have selected. It's title...
  10. Change Color of Inactive Title Bar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Color of Inactive Title Bar in Windows 10: How to: Change Color of Inactive Title Bar in Windows 10 [img] Information When you change the color in Windows 10, it will change the color of your Start menu accents, Start button, taskbar, title bars, window borders, buttons, text, Settings accents, sign-in screen...