Windows 10: Delete Sticky Notes in Windows 10

Discus and support Delete Sticky Notes in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Delete Sticky Notes in Windows 10 How to Delete Sticky Notes in Windows 10 The Sticky Notes app is a preinstalled UWP (Universal Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cluster Head, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Delete Sticky Notes in Windows 10

How to: Delete Sticky Notes in Windows 10

How to Delete Sticky Notes in Windows 10

The Sticky Notes app is a preinstalled UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app in Windows 10. This apps allows you to create and save notes to the desktop of your Windows 10 PC. Thanks to a new and improved design, added intelligence and Pen support, it is now easier than ever to quickly capture and add context to all your notes.

A new Sticky Notes 3.0 has been released with a major update.

This tutorial will show you different ways on how to delete Sticky Notes for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Delete Note Directly from Note in Sticky Notes v3.0 and higher
    • Option Two: Delete Note using Keyboard Shortcut in Sticky Notes v3.0 and higher
    • Option Three: Delete Note from All Notes in Sticky Notes v3.0 and higher

OPTION ONE [/i] Delete Note Directly from Note in Sticky Notes v3.0 and higher
    1. Click/tap on an opened note on your desktop you want to delete. (see screenshot below)

Delete Sticky Notes in Windows 10 [​IMG]

2. Click/tap on the Menu (3 dots) button. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on Delete note. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on Delete if prompted to confirm. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Delete Note using Keyboard Shortcut in Sticky Notes v3.0 and higher
    1. Click/tap on an opened note on your desktop you want to delete. (see screenshot below)

2. Press the Ctrl+D keys.

3. Click/tap on Delete if prompted to confirm. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] Delete Note from All Notes in Sticky Notes v3.0 and higher
    1. Right click or press and hold on Sticky Notes in the Start menu (All apps) or on the taskbar, and click/tap on All notes in its jump list. (see screenshots below)

2. Right click or press and hold on the note you want to delete, and click/tap on Delete note. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on Delete if prompted to confirm. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Cluster Head, Feb 25, 2016

2. Sticky Note Missing

Hi KeithRawlings,

I'm Charles, an Independent advisor trying to help.

Let's see if with the following steps we can solve the problem:

1.- Open >> Sticky notes, when located on the taskbar (Right click on the option) >> Select: List of Notes, now check if your note is in that list.

2.- Follow the steps suggested by the Windows MVP in your article

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-sticky-notes-lost...

I hope the steps work for you

Attentive to any comments

Have a happy day

Best Regards,

Charles.

CharlesJones32, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Can't delete unused Sticky Notes neither change their colors

Hi Yhendra,

Thank you for using Windows10.

I understand your concern and would suggest that you try deleting the sticky note from the source location of the sticky notes from the specific user account.

The AppData folder in the below step is a hidden folder, try the below step to unhide it and later try the steps mentioned.

Steps to unhide:

• Open File Explorer by right click on Start Icon
      and select File Explorer.
    • Click on View and check Hidden items.

Try the below step to delete the sticky note:

a) Open File Explorer.

b) Navigate to the following location:
    C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes.

c) In the Stick notes
    folder you will find a file called StickyNotes.snt

d) You will need the file named StickyNotes.snt

Note: If you delete StickyNotes.snt
    file this will delete all the sticky notes present on the computer event the new ones.

Make sure that you backup any newly created sticky notes.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Delete Sticky Notes in Windows 10

sticky notes

Was this the WIndows 10 Upgrade from WIndows 7, 8 or 8.1?

Check now for a C:\Windows.old folder that is created during an Upgrade. If that folder is found, you can

Show Hidden Files and Folders in Windows 10
    and then follow the steps here:

• To backup sticky notes in Windows 10/8.1/8/7:
    STEP 1. Type %AppData%\Microsoft\Sticky Notes in the windows.old folder Search box.

STEP 2. Copy StickyNotes.snt to a safe location.

• To restore sticky notes:
    STEP 1. Type %AppData%\Microsoft\Sticky Notes in start menu search box or run and press Enter.

STEP 2. Copy the StickyNotes.snt file from your backup folder and paste it in the folder that opens. Agree to overwrite the old file, or delete it first before copying. If it balks then install and use the

Take Ownership Shortcut
    on the folder so you can replace the .snt file.

If you don't have Windows.old folder, do you have a backup image of your old install which we can help you mount to browse into the old files?

If not then your notes may be lost. In the future use Notepad or Wordpad which can more easily save Files to your Documents, or back up the Sticky Notes file regularly following the above.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Xylee Del Win User
    sticky notes

Hello,

Sticky notes may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this. We suggest that you run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    for this issue. Meanwhile, we also recommend that you reset your Sticky Notes app by following the steps below:

• Click the Windows icon and click Settings.
    • Click System, and then click Apps & features on the left menu.
    • Click on Sticky Notes on the list found on your right menu, click
      Advanced options link, and click the Reset button.
    • Click the Reset button again when you see the confirmation dialog to reset Sticky Notes app.
    • Close the Settings window and check your Sticky Notes app.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Win 10 v1709 update and missing Sticky Notes

Hi,

There is a possibility that the Sticky Notes were unexpectedly deleted on your desktop due to some errors while the update is being installed. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need to know which build and edition of Windows 10 is currently
    installed on your PC.

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest recovering the lost Sticky Notes by following these steps:

• Open the File Explorer.
    • Type %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Sticky Notes\StickyNotes.snt in the address bar and then hit the Enter key.
    • Look for StickyNotes.snt file and then open it with Notepad or Microsoft Word.
    • Look for the missing notes in .snt file, copy and paste it into a new Sticky Notes.

To avoid issues with missing Sticky Notes, it will be best to back them up. You can follow the steps provided by
    Jennifer Bri in this thread. It serves as a guide on how to back up and restore
    Sticky notes in Windows 10.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Darleen Pen, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Delete Sticky Notes in Windows 10

1. Delete Sticky Notes in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Delete Sticky Notes

2. Restoring Deleted Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring Deleted Sticky Notes: After accidentally deleting a sticky note, is there a way to restore the note? Also, is there any way to disable the shortcut of Ctrl+D to prevent accidental deletion? I'm using Sticky Notes 4.5.6.0 on Windows 10. Thank you....
  3. Restoring Deleted Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring Deleted Sticky Notes: After accidentally deleting a sticky note, is there a way to restore the note? Also, is there any way to disable the shortcut of Ctrl+D to prevent accidental deletion? I'm using Sticky Notes 4.5.6.0 on Windows 10. Thank you....
  4. Windows 10 STICKY NOTES

Windows 10 STICKY NOTES: Can someone please let me know how to set up STICKY NOTES to be always on top in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-sticky-notes/f173f48b-15d7-4db5-9f2d-d5ad6ce11e9e
  5. Microsoft Sticky Notes on W10 1909 Windows 10 Sticky notes not loading. Loading Sticky Notes...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Sticky Notes on W10 1909 Windows 10 Sticky notes not loading. Loading Sticky Notes...: Any ideas on how to fix this that I haven't already tried. This all started after a version update and unfortunately a downgrade is not possible. Issue is with all user accounts on the PC. Sticky Notes opens a Sticky Note that just says: Loading Sticky Notes... but then...
  6. Windows 10 Sticky Notes

Windows 10 Sticky Notes: I've been having this problem with Sticky Notes on Windows 10 where it keeps deleting everything I type or delete. This has nothing to do with the "INSERT" button as I have searched up this problem but my problem even happens when I delete text. If I delete, type, hit...
  7. Auto-Deleted Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto-Deleted Sticky Notes: Hi, my sticky notes are being deleted one by one by the system ever since I updated to the latest Windows version. And yes, it wasn't a mistake. I didn't accidentally close/delete the sticky notes by myself. It just randomly disappear by its own every time I turn on the...
  8. windows 10 Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 Sticky Notes: How can I transfer Sticky Notes data from my old Windows 7 computer to my new Windows 10 computer version 1903? I have found information on line, but it must be for older versions. Any help would be appreciated....
  9. Windows 10 Sticky Notes

Windows 10 Sticky Notes: Well this has been an issue for me since build 1703, at least that's when I stated to use the Sticky Notes, I'm currently on Build 1809 (17763.316), Well Sticky notes will consume 100% of my CPU, causing things to freeze up and slow down, Like I was playing Forza Horizon 4,...
  10. Finding an accidentally deleted Sticky Note

Finding an accidentally deleted Sticky Note: Hi, I accidentally deleted a sticky note and I had apparently disabled the permission before delete feature. I tried this – C:\Users\[Windows Userame]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes and Windows + R with Sticky Notes but the Sticky Notes folder does not exist....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to delete sticky note in Win10