Windows 10: Turn On or Off Delete Confirmation for Sticky Notes in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Delete Confirmation for Sticky Notes in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Delete Confirmation for Sticky Notes in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Delete Confirmation for Sticky Notes in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by evilaim, Nov 17, 2015.

1. evilaim Win User

Turn On or Off Delete Confirmation for Sticky Notes in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Delete Confirmation for Sticky Notes in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Delete Confirmation for Sticky Notes in Windows 10

The Sticky Notes app is a preinstalled UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app in Windows 10. This apps allows you to create and save notes to the desktop of your Windows 10 PC. Thanks to a new and improved design, added intelligence and Pen support, it is now easier than ever to quickly capture and add context to all your notes.

A new Sticky Notes 3.0 has been released with a major update.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off confirm before deleting a note in Sticky Notes for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn Off Confirm Delete while Deleting a Note
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Confirm Delete in Sticky Notes Settings

EXAMPLE: Sticky Notes confirm delete prompt

Turn On or Off Delete Confirmation for Sticky Notes in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn Off Confirm Delete while Deleting a Note
    1. While deleting a note, check the Don't ask me again box before clicking/tapping on the Delete button. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Confirm Delete in Sticky Notes Settings
    1. Right click or press and hold on Sticky Notes in the Start menu (All apps) or on the taskbar, and click/tap on Settings in its jump list. (see screenshots below)

2. In Sticky Notes settings, turn On or Off (default) Confirm before deleting for what you want. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Sticky Notes settings if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

evilaim, Nov 17, 2015
  2. Doug Sek Win User

How do I restore the Windows 10 Sticky Note Delete Confirmation Dialog Box

I turned off the Windows 10 Sticky Note delete confirmations (by checking the "Don't show this message again" check-box as I deleted a Sticky Note. How do I re-enable the delete confirmation dialog? All I have found so fer is the following fix, however,
    I do not have the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\StickyNotes" registry entry.

To re-enable the prompt yourself, follow these steps:

• Click
      Turn On or Off Delete Confirmation for Sticky Notes in Windows 10 vistastartbutton.jpg
      , type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
    • Locate the following registry subkey:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\StickyNotes
    • Double-click the PROMPT_ON_DELETE registry entry.
    • In the Value data box, type 00000001, and then click OK.
    • On the File menu, click Exit.

Doug Sek, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    sticky notes

Hello,

Sticky notes may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this. We suggest that you run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    for this issue. Meanwhile, we also recommend that you reset your Sticky Notes app by following the steps below:

• Click the Windows icon and click Settings.
    • Click System, and then click Apps & features on the left menu.
    • Click on Sticky Notes on the list found on your right menu, click
      Advanced options link, and click the Reset button.
    • Click the Reset button again when you see the confirmation dialog to reset Sticky Notes app.
    • Close the Settings window and check your Sticky Notes app.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Delete Confirmation for Sticky Notes in Windows 10

Sticky Note Missing

Hi KeithRawlings,

I'm Charles, an Independent advisor trying to help.

Let's see if with the following steps we can solve the problem:

1.- Open >> Sticky notes, when located on the taskbar (Right click on the option) >> Select: List of Notes, now check if your note is in that list.

2.- Follow the steps suggested by the Windows MVP in your article

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-sticky-notes-lost...

I hope the steps work for you

Attentive to any comments

Have a happy day

Best Regards,

Charles.

CharlesJones32, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
    The story of Microsoft Sticky Notes

The Sticky Notes team is obsessed with making notetaking quickly accessible no matter where you are. Learn how Sticky Notes evolved from a small widget in Windows Vista to a Windows 10 power app as the team draws back the curtain for a peek behind the scenes of what goes into making it possible to capture and retrieve your notes at your fingertips.

zT2zAMvsO4U

Sticky Notes Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows 10

Sign in and Sign out of Sticky Notes in Windows 10

Change Color of Sticky Notes in Windows 10

Delete Sticky Notes in Windows 10

Enable or Disable Sticky Notes Insights in Windows 10

Access and Use Windows 10 Sticky Notes Online on the Web

Manually Sync Sticky Notes on Windows 10 PC

Backup and Restore Sticky Notes in Windows 10

Backup and Restore Sticky Notes app Settings in Windows 10

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Can't delete unused Sticky Notes neither change their colors

Hi Yhendra,

Thank you for using Windows10.

I understand your concern and would suggest that you try deleting the sticky note from the source location of the sticky notes from the specific user account.

The AppData folder in the below step is a hidden folder, try the below step to unhide it and later try the steps mentioned.

Steps to unhide:

• Open File Explorer by right click on Start Icon
      and select File Explorer.
    • Click on View and check Hidden items.

Try the below step to delete the sticky note:

a) Open File Explorer.

b) Navigate to the following location:
    C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes.

c) In the Stick notes
    folder you will find a file called StickyNotes.snt

d) You will need the file named StickyNotes.snt

Note: If you delete StickyNotes.snt
    file this will delete all the sticky notes present on the computer event the new ones.

Make sure that you backup any newly created sticky notes.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Delete Confirmation for Sticky Notes in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Delete

2. Restoring Deleted Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring Deleted Sticky Notes: After accidentally deleting a sticky note, is there a way to restore the note? Also, is there any way to disable the shortcut of Ctrl+D to prevent accidental deletion? I'm using Sticky Notes 4.5.6.0 on Windows 10. Thank you....
  3. Restoring Deleted Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring Deleted Sticky Notes: After accidentally deleting a sticky note, is there a way to restore the note? Also, is there any way to disable the shortcut of Ctrl+D to prevent accidental deletion? I'm using Sticky Notes 4.5.6.0 on Windows 10. Thank you....
  4. Windows 10 STICKY NOTES

Windows 10 STICKY NOTES: Can someone please let me know how to set up STICKY NOTES to be always on top in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-sticky-notes/f173f48b-15d7-4db5-9f2d-d5ad6ce11e9e
  5. Microsoft Sticky Notes on W10 1909 Windows 10 Sticky notes not loading. Loading Sticky Notes...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Sticky Notes on W10 1909 Windows 10 Sticky notes not loading. Loading Sticky Notes...: Any ideas on how to fix this that I haven't already tried. This all started after a version update and unfortunately a downgrade is not possible. Issue is with all user accounts on the PC. Sticky Notes opens a Sticky Note that just says: Loading Sticky Notes... but then...
  6. Auto-Deleted Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto-Deleted Sticky Notes: Hi, my sticky notes are being deleted one by one by the system ever since I updated to the latest Windows version. And yes, it wasn't a mistake. I didn't accidentally close/delete the sticky notes by myself. It just randomly disappear by its own every time I turn on the...
  7. how do I turn off sticky notes on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I turn off sticky notes on windows 10?: HOW DO I TURN OFF STICKY NOTES ON WINDOWS 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-sticky-notes-on-windows-10/d3bf1642-a96f-49c3-ba91-ce695d324528
  8. Finding an accidentally deleted Sticky Note

Finding an accidentally deleted Sticky Note: Hi, I accidentally deleted a sticky note and I had apparently disabled the permission before delete feature. I tried this – C:\Users\[Windows Userame]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes and Windows + R with Sticky Notes but the Sticky Notes folder does not exist....
  9. Turn On or Off Recycle Bin Delete Confirmation in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Recycle Bin Delete Confirmation in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Recycle Bin Delete Confirmation in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Recycle Bin Delete Confirmation in Windows 10 The Recycle Bin provides a safety net when deleting files or folders. When you delete any of these items from your hard disk, Windows...
  10. Delete Sticky Notes in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Sticky Notes in Windows 10: How to: Delete Sticky Notes in Windows 10 How to Delete Sticky Notes in Windows 10 The Sticky Notes app is a preinstalled UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app in Windows 10. This apps allows you to create and save notes to the desktop of your Windows 10 PC. Thanks to a...