Windows 10: Change Color of Sticky Notes in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Color of Sticky Notes in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Color of Sticky Notes in Windows 10 How to Change Color of Sticky Notes in Windows 10 The Sticky Notes app is a preinstalled UWP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Color of Sticky Notes in Windows 10

How to: Change Color of Sticky Notes in Windows 10

How to Change Color of Sticky Notes in Windows 10

The Sticky Notes app is a preinstalled UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app in Windows 10. This apps allows you to create and save notes to the desktop of your Windows 10 PC. Thanks to a new and improved design, added intelligence and Pen support, it is now easier than ever to quickly capture and add context to all your notes.

This tutorial will show you how to change the color of sticky notes on the desktop of your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] To Change Theme Color Mode for Sticky Notes

*note Changing the Color mode of Sticky Notes is only available starting with version 3.0.
    1. Right click or press and hold on Sticky Notes in the Start menu (All apps) or on the taskbar, and click/tap on Settings in its jump list. (see screenshots below)

Change Color of Sticky Notes in Windows 10 [​IMG]

2. In Sticky Notes settings, select Light, Dark, or Use my Windows mode for the Color mode you want applied to all your Sticky Notes. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Sticky Notes settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Change Color of a Sticky Note

*note When you change the color of a sticky note, the color is only applied to that specific sticky note and not to any other existing sticky notes.

When you click/tap on the plus sign at the top left corner of a sticky note to Add Note, the color of that sticky note will be applied to the new sticky note. You will be able to change the color of the new sticky note though.

1. Click/tap on a Sticky Note, and click/tap on the 3 dots menu button. (see screenshots below)
    (Light color mode)

(Dark color mode)

2. Click/tap on a color you want to apply to the sticky note. (see screenshot below)

*note If you don't have any sticky notes on your desktop, then you can add a sticky note by opening the Sticky Notes app from Windows Ink Workspace.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 27, 2018

2. Can't delete unused Sticky Notes neither change their colors

Hi Yhendra,

Thank you for using Windows10.

I understand your concern and would suggest that you try deleting the sticky note from the source location of the sticky notes from the specific user account.

The AppData folder in the below step is a hidden folder, try the below step to unhide it and later try the steps mentioned.

Steps to unhide:

• Open File Explorer by right click on Start Icon
      and select File Explorer.
    • Click on View and check Hidden items.

Try the below step to delete the sticky note:

a) Open File Explorer.

b) Navigate to the following location:
    C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes.

c) In the Stick notes
    folder you will find a file called StickyNotes.snt

d) You will need the file named StickyNotes.snt

Note: If you delete StickyNotes.snt
    file this will delete all the sticky notes present on the computer event the new ones.

Make sure that you backup any newly created sticky notes.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Darcy707 Win User
    Can I change the windows ink color for sticky notes?

I hate that when you change the color of the sticky note it changes the color of the ink you write with. Like when you choose a green sticky note it turns the ink purple and when you choose a pink sticky note color it turns the ink green. I think it makes
    it harder to read and I just want it to all stay black. I was wondering if it was possible to turn off the ink color change with different colored sticky notes? I think it's a usability issue anyways, so there should be an option if there isn't.

Darcy707, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Change Color of Sticky Notes in Windows 10

Sticky Note Missing

Hi KeithRawlings,

I'm Charles, an Independent advisor trying to help.

Let's see if with the following steps we can solve the problem:

1.- Open >> Sticky notes, when located on the taskbar (Right click on the option) >> Select: List of Notes, now check if your note is in that list.

2.- Follow the steps suggested by the Windows MVP in your article

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-sticky-notes-lost...

I hope the steps work for you

Attentive to any comments

Have a happy day

Best Regards,

Charles.

CharlesJones32, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Blicher Win User
    Sticky Notes color/brightness

I was wondering why we only have the option for 6 basic bright colors as background for the sticky notes, when it is so easy to just put in a color wheel with brightness options.

As a designer who is pretty much used to only working in dark grey themed program
    And i love the sticky notes, but having that insanely bright colored sticky note in the corner of my eye (2-3th monitor)
    is a pain, atleast in windows 7 you could use "resource hacker" to change it, but with windows 10 that is not possible.

Please give the full range of customization for the notes instead of only 6 colors, i guess its made for tablets in mind, but come on its not like you cant use a color wheel and a brightness / alpha sliders on a tablet...

Blicher, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Rose Cal Win User
    Sticky Notes

Hi Angie,

There are several factors why your sticky notes may have an issue. It can be due to outdated application or wrong configuration settings. To better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried checking the Settings?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you may follow the steps provided by Jaz333
    on this
    thread
    . It will let you use the old sticky notes.

Keeps us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Change Color of Sticky Notes in Windows 10

1. Change Color of Sticky Notes in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Color Sticky

2. Windows 10 STICKY NOTES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 STICKY NOTES: Can someone please let me know how to set up STICKY NOTES to be always on top in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-sticky-notes/f173f48b-15d7-4db5-9f2d-d5ad6ce11e9e
  3. Microsoft Sticky Notes on W10 1909 Windows 10 Sticky notes not loading. Loading Sticky Notes...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Sticky Notes on W10 1909 Windows 10 Sticky notes not loading. Loading Sticky Notes...: Any ideas on how to fix this that I haven't already tried. This all started after a version update and unfortunately a downgrade is not possible. Issue is with all user accounts on the PC. Sticky Notes opens a Sticky Note that just says: Loading Sticky Notes... but then...
  4. Windows 10 Sticky Notes

Windows 10 Sticky Notes: I've been having this problem with Sticky Notes on Windows 10 where it keeps deleting everything I type or delete. This has nothing to do with the "INSERT" button as I have searched up this problem but my problem even happens when I delete text. If I delete, type, hit...
  5. Sticky Note

Sticky Note: Hi! After Windows update I can't open Sticky Note App. It shows that i'ts loading, but then disapear. I have there infomation that i really need and i understand that I can't use App reset option....
  6. how to sort sticky notes by color?

how to sort sticky notes by color?: I've assigned categories to sticky note colors. How can I sort the notes by color? Is it possible to sort by title, date or alphabetically? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sort-sticky-notes-by-color/0801fe3a-df65-4808-8b79-565a651a81d0
  7. windows 10 Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 Sticky Notes: How can I transfer Sticky Notes data from my old Windows 7 computer to my new Windows 10 computer version 1903? I have found information on line, but it must be for older versions. Any help would be appreciated....
  8. Windows 10 Sticky Notes

Windows 10 Sticky Notes: Well this has been an issue for me since build 1703, at least that's when I stated to use the Sticky Notes, I'm currently on Build 1809 (17763.316), Well Sticky notes will consume 100% of my CPU, causing things to freeze up and slow down, Like I was playing Forza Horizon 4,...
  9. STICKY NOTES- FONT COLORS

STICKY NOTES- FONT COLORS: I'm curious, is there a way for me to change the colors of my fonts on my Sticky Notes? Granted, the default obviously is black, but can it be changed to other colors? If so how? I've look at numerous videos on You Tube, and most show you have to go to "paint, type...
  10. Sticky Notes color/brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sticky Notes color/brightness: I was wondering why we only have the option for 6 basic bright colors as background for the sticky notes, when it is so easy to just put in a color wheel with brightness options. As a designer who is pretty much used to only working in dark grey themed program And i love...