Windows 10: Disable Command Prompt in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10

Discus and support Disable Command Prompt in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Disable Command Prompt in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Command Prompt in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by betty778, Jul 30, 2018.

1. betty778 Win User

Disable Command Prompt in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10

How to: Disable Command Prompt in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Command Prompt in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10

A command prompt is an entry point for typing computer commands in the Command Prompt window. By typing commands at the command prompt, you can perform tasks on your computer without using the Windows graphical interface.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the command prompt and optionally BAT and CMD scripts for your account, specific users, or all users in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

Contents
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Command Prompt for Specific or All Users in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Command Prompt for Current User using a REG file

EXAMPLE: The command prompt has been disabled by your administrator

Disable Command Prompt in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable or Disable Command Prompt for Specific or All Users in Local Group Policy Editor
    You must be signed in as an administrator to do this option.

The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two.

1 Open the all users except administrators Local Group Policy Editor for how you want this policy applied.

2 In the left pane of the Local Group Policy Editor, click/tap on to expand User Configuration, Administrative Templates, and System. (See screenshot below)

3 In the right pane of System, double click/tap on the Prevent access to the command prompt policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4 Do step 5 (enable), step 6 (disable), step 7 (also disable BAT and CMD scripts) below for what you would like to do.

5 To Enable Command Prompt and BAT and CMD Scripts
    A) Select (dot) either Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 8 below. (see screenshot below)

Not Configured is the default setting.

6 To Disable Command Prompt Only
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, select No in the "Disable the command prompt script processing also" drop menu under Options, click/tap on OK, and go to step 8 below. (see screenshot below)

7 To Disable Command Prompt and BAT and CMD Scripts
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, select Yes in the "Disable the command prompt script processing also" drop menu under Options, click/tap on OK, and go to step 8 below. (see screenshot below)

8 When finished, you can close Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable Command Prompt for Current User using a REG file
    The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

DisableCMD DWORD

(delete) = Enable
    1 = Disable command prompt and BAT and CMD scripts
    2 = Disable command prompt

1 Do step 2 (enable), step 3 (disable), or step 4 (also disable BAT and CMD scripts) below for what you would like to do.

2 To Enable Command Prompt and BAT and CMD Scripts for Current User
    This is the default setting.

A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Enable_Command_Prompt_and_BAT_and_CMD_scripts_for_current_user.reg

Download

3 To Disable Command Prompt Only for Current User
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Disable_only_Command_Prompt_for_current_user.reg

Download

4 To Disable Command Prompt and BAT and CMD Scripts for Current User

Disable_Command_Prompt_and_BAT_and_CMD_scripts_for_current_user.reg

Download
    5 Save the .reg file to your desktop.

6 Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

7 When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

8 You could now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

betty778, Jul 30, 2018
  2. Naelex Win User

Windows 7 Club

How to Rearm and Extend Free Usage (Activation Grace Period) of Windows 7 to 120 Days

‘Rearm’ trick on Windows 7 is done using the similar commands and steps with Windows Vista. Follow these steps to reset and extend activation grace period from 30 days to 120 days in Windows 7:

Type any of the following commands into the command prompt, and then hit Enter:

Code: sysprep /generalize slmgr.vbs –rearm rundll32 slc.dll,SLReArmWindows slmgr /rearm[/quote] As rearm only works for 3 times, make sure the command is only been run when the 30 days countdown of evaluation period is almost expired.

source: mydigitallife.info

Naelex, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Windows 7 Lover's Club: For Those Who Like Windows 7 As Opposed To Windows 8

Description:
    • For anyone who likes Windows 7 as opposed to Windows 8 and wants to keep Windows 7 and not upgrade to Windows 8.
    • Also for anyone who does not hate Windows 8 but refuses to upgrade because Windows 7 is perfect.
    Requirements:
    • Be human. Male or female will suffice.
    • Love or Like Windows 7 much more than Windows 8.
    To Join:
    • Make a post.
    Benefits:
    • You will find true love one day.
    • You have have a chance to get rich one day.
    • You will have a chance for your dreams to come true one day.

vawrvawerawe, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Windows 7 Club

[/quote] 5. Reboot Windows 7 to enjoy another 30 days of free usage without worrying about activation nor even need to crack Windows 7.
    6. When the activation grace period countdown timer almost running down to 0 again, repeat the ‘rearm’ trick to enjoy another 30 days of Windows 7 for free. User can run the rearm command for maximum of 3 times.

As rearm only works for 3 times, make sure the command is only been run when the 30 days countdown of evaluation period is almost expired.

source: mydigitallife.info Click to expand...
    Im not even gonna bother saying welcome to the forum as your ass is already on the way out

FreedomEclipse, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Windows 8 Clubhouse

Tried this doing every step on that webpage but not when the PC boots, it automatically goes into windows 8 without giving me the option to pick the OS. anything special I need to do?

brandonwh64, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Disable Command Prompt in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Disable Command Prompt

2. Windows Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Command Prompt: If I open CMD as administrator and type sfc /scannow I get the error -> "You must be an administrator running a console session in order to use the sfc utility".If I run chkdsk - it gives error -> "Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges or the disk may be...
  3. Windows Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Command Prompt: If I open CMD as administrator and type sfc /scannow I get the error -> "You must be an administrator running a console session in order to use the sfc utility".If I run chkdsk - it gives error -> "Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges or the disk may be...
  4. Windows Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Command Prompt: A windows command prompt sometimes appears and disappears just as suddenly on my Windows 11.It isn't hindering any task or anything,but I am curious as to why this prompt appears.Is there a virus or a failed update,perhaps?And my laptop also deadlocks sometimes. It is i3 core...
  5. Windows Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Command Prompt: A windows command prompt sometimes appears and disappears just as suddenly on my Windows 11.It isn't hindering any task or anything,but I am curious as to why this prompt appears.Is there a virus or a failed update,perhaps?And my laptop also deadlocks sometimes. It is i3 core...
  6. Disable Scroll-Forward in Command Prompt and PowerShell on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Disable Scroll-Forward in Command Prompt and PowerShell on Windows 10: [ATTACH]This post will help you disable Scroll-Forward in Command Prompt and PowerShell on Windows 10. By default, the Scroll-Forward feature remains enabled and users can scroll down beyond the last displayed line till the end of Command Prompt or PowerShell window or...
  7. Disable Command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Command prompt: hi there! I am using windows 10 home 2004 where i have created a local user non admin account for my child so that he won't be able to install steam and epic but to my surprise i was steam installed in his account and found that admin rights can easily be bypassed by running...
  8. Command Prompt window

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Command Prompt window: Sorry, I didn't know what category to post this in... Ever since I updated to Windows 10 version 2004, every so often, for a fraction of a second, what looks like a black command prompt window pops up and closes. What is causing this?...
  9. Windows Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Command Prompt: Hi, for many months now the windows command prompt has been appearing on my screen for a second or two every hour or so and its quite concerning as recently my laptop died and displayed the blue screen of death. I tried following the steps on the Microsoft support, which...
  10. Windows Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Command Prompt: In case of continuous stream how to Redirect stdout to a text file without any delay, it doesn't flush line by line it will write to the file only in chunks. Below example DOESN'T flush out line by line. for eg In Command Prompt: adb logcat | findstr "Latitude" >>...