Windows 10: Disable Remotely Install Apps from Microsoft Store in Windows 10

Discus and support Disable Remotely Install Apps from Microsoft Store in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Disable Remotely Install Apps from Microsoft Store in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Remotely Install Apps from Microsoft Store Online in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by unifex, Jul 7, 2015.

1. unifex Win User

Disable Remotely Install Apps from Microsoft Store in Windows 10

How to: Disable Remotely Install Apps from Microsoft Store in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Remotely Install Apps from Microsoft Store Online in Windows 10

Microsoft has added a new Push To Install service on June 6, 2018 to the Microsoft account.

If you like, you can configure a group policy setting to enable or disable if users will be able to push Apps to this device from the Microsoft Store running on other devices or the web. If disabled, users will still be able to go through the process to remotely install apps from the Microsoft Store online to this PC, but the app will not actually get installed.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the Push To Install service for users to remotely install apps from the Microsoft Store online website to a Windows 10 PC.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable to remotely install (Push To Install) apps from the Microsoft Store online website on this PC.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Remotely Install Apps from Microsoft Store Online in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Remotely Install Apps from Microsoft Store Online using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Push To Install for "Install on my devices" from Microsoft Store online website

Disable Remotely Install Apps from Microsoft Store in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable or Disable Remotely Install Apps from Microsoft Store Online in Local Group Policy Editor

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two.

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Push To Install

3. In the right pane of Push To Install, double click/tap on the Turn off Push To Install service policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable Remotely Install Apps from Microsoft Store Online
    A) Select (dot) either Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Disable Remotely Install Apps from Microsoft Store Online
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable Remotely Install Apps from Microsoft Store Online using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\PushToInstall

DisablePushToInstall DWORD

(delete) = Enable
    1 = Disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Remotely Install Apps from Microsoft Store Online
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_Push_To_Install_apps_from_Microsoft_Store.reg

Download

3. To Disable Remotely Install Apps from Microsoft Store Online
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_Push_To_Install_apps_from_Microsoft_Store.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

unifex, Jul 7, 2015
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Disable Remotely Install Apps from Microsoft Store in Windows 10

Windows 10 installing progs

It's Microsoft pushing Apps from their Windows Store whether you want them or not. Even on a clean install you will have pending installation of Apps in the Tiles section (A great App awaits) when you click on the Start Menu. Same for me on Windows 10 Professional, ended up with Twitter, Facebook, Candy Crush, Microsoft Solitaire Collection, and some others I'm forgetting the name of. Facebook is a new one.

biffzinker, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Microsoft Adds Ability to Block Win32 Apps from Install on Windows 10

Totally agreed with the editorial, personally I have a phobia for apps, they take the control away from you. Taking about security risk, what about the apps of the Windows store that are in themselves a security risk, and if so, will Microsoft takes responsibility for that. In my newly install Windows got crippled by Windows apps, namely I cannot update the graphic driver, and I cannot restore Windows to an early point. It costs me A$150 to get it check out. And I am advised not to any of the Windows apps in the meantime, until Windows store got the fix. But they've never informed you that Windows store got corrupted in the first place, how are they going to inform you it got the fix?

Hossein Almet, Oct 27, 2019
  6. 95Viper Win User
    Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Disable Remotely Install Apps from Microsoft Store in Windows 10

1. Disable Remotely Install Apps from Microsoft Store in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Disable Remotely Install

2. installing app from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing app from Microsoft Store: Hi,First, getting hold of an email address to contact MS Support is impossible. Very frustrating.Second, I have purchased an app in MS Store, but now that I have a new computer running Windows 11, while the app appears to download and install, in all practicality it does not....
  3. installing app from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    installing app from Microsoft Store: Hi,First, getting hold of an email address to contact MS Support is impossible. Very frustrating.Second, I have purchased an app in MS Store, but now that I have a new computer running Windows 11, while the app appears to download and install, in all practicality it does not....
  4. How to install Microsoft Store app remotely?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to install Microsoft Store app remotely?: Hi,I see on the internet a lot of different articles that telling about how to install Microsoft Store apps remotely. For example, one of them - https://www.howtogeek.com/364464/how-to-remotely-install-microsoft-store-apps-to-your-windows-10-pc/.For now I tried to install one...
  5. How to install Microsoft Store app remotely?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install Microsoft Store app remotely?: Hi,I see on the internet a lot of different articles that telling about how to install Microsoft Store apps remotely. For example, one of them - https://www.howtogeek.com/364464/how-to-remotely-install-microsoft-store-apps-to-your-windows-10-pc/.For now I tried to install one...
  6. How to install Microsoft Store app remotely?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Install apps from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Install apps from Microsoft Store: On my other laptop i downloaded some apps and i want to know since I am using the same acct for both laptops, will those apps be on the other laptop as well or do i need to download them on the 2nd laptop? ***Original Title: microsoft apps***...
  8. install apps from microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    install apps from microsoft store: I was asked to log in via logmein last night. I was given a case number. The issue was not resolved. I am still only able to install from the microsoft store but not download. They advised I download windows 1803, which I have now done. The problem hasn't been resolved....
  9. Microsoft Store on Windows 10 updated with new interface and remote app installs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Store on Windows 10 updated with new interface and remote app installs: Microsoft is rolling out a server update for the Microsoft Store in Windows 10 and the new interface is available for everyone. The latest update brings some UI changes to apps and games product page. Microsoft has tweaked the product page for PCs and the interface looks...
  10. Remote Install Apps from Microsoft Store Online to Windows 10 Devices

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remote Install Apps from Microsoft Store Online to Windows 10 Devices: How to: Remote Install Apps from Microsoft Store Online to Windows 10 Devices How to Remotely Install Apps from Microsoft Store Online to your Windows 10 Devices Microsoft has added a new Push To Install service on June 6, 2018 to the Microsoft account. This tutorial...