Windows 10: Enable or Disable Animations in the Taskbar in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Animations in the Taskbar in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Animations in the Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Animations in the Taskbar in Windows 10 By default,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, May 22, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Enable or Disable Animations in the Taskbar in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable Animations in the Taskbar in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Animations in the Taskbar in Windows 10

By default, Windows 10 uses animations in the taskbar.

Some examples of taskbar animation are:
    • Slide effect when dragging icons on taskbar.
    • Fade and slide effect when opening taskbar thumbnail previews
    • Progress bar below icon on taskbar when downloading (ex: Chrome) or transferring files (ex: File Explorer)
    This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable animations in the taskbar for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Animations in the Taskbar in Visual Effects Performance Options
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Animations in the Taskbar using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable or Disable Animations in the Taskbar in Visual Effects Performance Options
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type SystemPropertiesPerformance.exe into Run, and click/tap on OK to directly open to the Visual Effects tab in Performance Options

2. Check (enable - default) or uncheck (disable) Animations in the taskbar for what you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

Enable or Disable Animations in the Taskbar in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. If you don't see an immediate change, then you can sign in to apply instead.

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable Animations in the Taskbar using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

TaskbarAnimations DWORD

0 = Remove
    1 = Add

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Animations in the Taskbar
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the REG file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_animations_in_the_taskbar.reg

Download

3. To Disable Animations in the Taskbar
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the REG file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_animations_in_the_taskbar.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. sign in to apply.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, May 22, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Office disables Windows animations

I've had this problem with Office 2007 and still have it with Office 365 under Windows 10 on different computers. Under certain conditions, opening multiple Office documents stops Windows animations from working, even though Windows settings still shows
    that animations are enabled.

To replicate the problem:

• In an Office document (I've tried it with both Excel and Word) insert a link to another Office document.
    • Follow the link
    • When the linked document opens, Windows animations no longer work - you need to go to Windows' Display settings and turn 'Show animations in Windows' off and back on again to restore animations.
    Note:

• The problem is only apparent when linking from one Office document to another - linking to a PDF file, for example, does not cause this problem.
    • I haven't checked whether ALL animations stop working - the one I've noticed for sure is the animation when switching from one virtual desktop to another.
    Although not a life-threatening bug, this is still an inconvenience.

Moved to: Office/ Unknown/other / Windows 10 / Office 365 Home

Mario Camilleri, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Enable or Disable Animations in the Taskbar in Windows 10

Windows 10 Taskbar is not working and "fixes" don't fix it.

Hi Carole,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Taskbar on Windows 10. We will help you with resolving the issue.

Provide us the additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you press Alt+Tab keys from the keyboard to switch between the apps?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

As you said Taskbar is not working, and you will minimize all the opened apps to access the one you wish to from Taskbar. Be clear with how exactly you are trying to accessing the apps from Taskbar.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if you have enabled the Auto-hide option for Taskbar, if so try to disable and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties,
    • Under Taskbar tab, uncheck the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and brief description for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 27, 2019
  5. MCCZ Win User
    How to disable UI animation in Windows 10 Mobile

920, but I do not expect it should be phone model specific.

The issue is I could not find a way how to disable animations built in the Windows 10 Mobile UI like "Opening an application", "Returning to Start", "Opening an application from app list", "Returning to app list", "Settings animation", "Resuming background
    app". To better understand what kind of animations I mean see .

6. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Enable or Disable Animations in the Taskbar in Windows 10

1. Enable or Disable Animations in the Taskbar in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Animations

2. Enable or Disable Taskbar Animation in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or Disable Taskbar Animation in Windows 11/10: [IMG]In this post, we will show you how you can enable or disable Taskbar animation in Windows 11/10. So, let’s check out! Enable or Disable Taskbar Animation in Windows 11/10 To enable and disable animation in the taskbar on your Windows 11 PC, here are the main steps to...
  3. disable taskbar edge loading animation

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable taskbar edge loading animation: Is there a way to disable this? I've already disabled animations in taskbar ages ago. It wasn't there a while ago. It's this white circle that shows "pages loading etc"....
  4. Enable or Disable Animate Controls and Elements Inside Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Animate Controls and Elements Inside Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Animate Controls and Elements Inside Windows How to Enable or Disable Animate Controls and Elements Inside Windows By default, controls and elements use animation in Windows. Some examples of controls and elements animation are: Slow fade...
  5. Enable or Disable Animate Windows when Minimizing and Maximizing

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Animate Windows when Minimizing and Maximizing: How to: Enable or Disable Animate Windows when Minimizing and Maximizing How to Enable or Disable Animate Windows when Minimizing and Maximizing in Windows By default, Windows will animate (fade and slide) windows when you minimize and maximize them. If you don't...
  6. Enable or Disable Taskbar Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Taskbar Settings in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Taskbar Settings in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Taskbar Settings in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to...
  7. Enable or Disable Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows How to Enable or Disable Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to...
  8. Enable or Disable Resizing the Taskbar in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Resizing the Taskbar in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Resizing the Taskbar in Windows How to Enable or Disable Resizing the Taskbar in Windows Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you...
  9. Enable or Disable Lock the Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Lock the Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Lock the Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Lock the Taskbar in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to...
  10. Enable or Disable System Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable System Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable System Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable System Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10 [img] Information The Clock, Volume, Network, Power, and Action Center system icons are located on the taskbar notification area (aka: system...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar animations add in registry