Windows 10: Enable or Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows

Discus and support Enable or Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows How to Enable or Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Enable or Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows

How to: Enable or Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows

How to Enable or Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows 10

If your Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop) has a built-in touchpad, you may want to enable or disable on demand.

The TouchPad Disable Zone feature allows you to enable or disable the touchpad by double tapping on the corner zone (top left) of the touchpad.

If the touchpad is enabled, you can double tap on the top left corner of the touchpad to disable it.

If the touchpad is disabled, you can double tap on the top left corner of the touchpad to enable it.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the TouchPad Disable Zone feature to double tap to enable or disable touchpad for your account in Windows 10.

The TouchPad Disable Zone settings will vary from one device and driver to another, so your settings may be different than in this tutorial.

If you have something different, then please post screenshots. I'll be happy to include it in the tutorial for others.

Contents
    • Option One: Enable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad
    • Option Two: Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad
    1 Open Settings, and click/tap on the Devices icon.

2 Click/tap on Touchpad on the left side, and click/tap on the Additional settings link under Related settings on the right side. (see screenshot below)

Enable or Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows [​IMG]

3 In the ClickPad Settings tab (name may vary), click/tap on the ClickPad Settings button. (see screenshot below)

4 Check Tapping to enable it if not already, and click/tap on the gear icon (settings). (see screenshot below)

5 Check Double Tap To Enable or Disable TouchPad, select (dot) either Switch TouchPad off for one session or Switch TouchPad off for what you want, and click/tap on Close. (see screenshots below)

6 Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad
    1 Open Settings, and click/tap on the Devices icon.

2 Click/tap on Touchpad on the left side, and click/tap on the Additional settings link under Related settings on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3 In the ClickPad Settings tab (name may vary), click/tap on the ClickPad Settings button. (see screenshot below)

4 Click/tap on the gear icon (settings) for Tapping. (see screenshot below)

5 Uncheck Double Tap To Enable or Disable TouchPad, and click/tap on Close. (see screenshot below)

6 Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jul 26, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Disable Touchpad

Hi Janice

On most HP laptops, if you double tap the top left or top right corner of the touchpad, that will disable/enable the touchpad . . .

Enable or Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows b30e6441-a7e3-40cb-bdd2-4f90f5d74ecb?upload=true.png

DaveM121, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Windows 10 how to Disable Generic external touchpad tap-to-click?

To disable the Double Tap to Enable or Disable TouchPad feature, open the Touchpad tab in Mouse Properties.
    Click Start , and then type mouse in the search field.
    Click Change your mouse settings.
    Click Additional mouse options.

Clicking on Additional mouse options
    In Mouse Properties, click the Touchpad tab.
    NOTE: Some HP Notebooks have an HP Control Zone tab. If your Notebook has this tab, open it and click HP Control Zone Disable.

Click Disable.
    Clicking on Disable

Click Apply, and then click OK.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

VP of Product Strategy

Peter Barnett, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Enable or Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows

f9 mousepad enable/disable not working since upgrade to windows 10

Thank you Sayan_Ghosh. Method 2 worked to disable the touchpad but I'll need to use the same several steps when I want to re-enable it. Windows key + W did nothing so I couldn't use that to get to the other steps you suggested for Method 1. I still
    would love to have the function 9 key working again to be able to toggle back and forth enabling or disabling the touchpad more easily, but I rarely use the touchpad so this will do for now. Thanks again.

LynnEdwards3, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Ralph Sta Win User
    disable touchpad

Hi Donna,

Disabling touchpad will depend on the make and model of your Laptop. Some models would have its own button that would allow you to disable/enable the touchpad from the keyboard. Other models would also have settings from its own driver software that would
    allow you to toggle it on/off. Since you've mentioned that your laptop is Dell, may we know the specific model?

However, if you have other pointing device to connect on your laptop (like a mouse), you can disable the touchpad through Windows settings by following these steps:

• On your keyboard, press Windows + I.
    • Click Devices.
    • Choose Touchpad.
    • Uncheck Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected.

After performing the steps above, your touchpad will be disabled until you disconnect the other pointing device.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards.

Ralph Sta, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Can not enable/disable HP Laptop touchpad.

Can not enable/disable HP Laptop touchpad

john j miller iii, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Enable or Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows

1. Enable or Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Double

2. Windows Touchpad won't stay enabled or disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Touchpad won't stay enabled or disabled: Issue is as the subject reads, I have to repeatedly disable and reenable or vice- my touchpad in my settings if I want it to stay on or off only to last a few minutes at best, and if my gestures stop working then I just have to reset my pc. I've already tried reinstalling and...
  3. Touchpad + Windows 10 + Enable/Disable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad + Windows 10 + Enable/Disable: After the recent update, I am unable to disable/enable my touch-pad from neither the settings nor from the hot keys. The enable/disable option has been removed. why ? I really need to disable my touch-pad on-board mouse, as it is very problematic while typing/coding....
  4. Windows not allowing disabling taps on touchpad

Windows not allowing disabling taps on touchpad: Hi, recently I searched how to disable tapping and so far nothing worked. On the Windows' settings app I could not find any "Disable" options anywhere. I also tried to go to the Registry Editor but there was no "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics" or similar directory....
  5. How to disable double tap on touchpad

How to disable double tap on touchpad: After this new Windows 10 update I cannot find the settings to turn off touchpad double tap feature. Its annoying that Microsoft has changed the layout of windows when there was no need to. Before the update is was very easy to do. Please can someone show me how to turn...
  6. Disable tap to click on touchpad.

Disable tap to click on touchpad.: I recently installed an update to Windows 10. I originally had my touchpad set to only use the buttons to click, because I GODDAMN HATE WHEN THE TOUCHPAD ACCIDENTALLY CLICKS ON SOMETHING WHEN I BRUSH MY HAND ACROSS IT!!! I can't find anywhere to turn it off, and I swear to...
  7. Disable Tapping, Windows 10 Touchpad

Disable Tapping, Windows 10 Touchpad: I am unable to disable Touchpad Tapping on my new MSI GP63 Windows 10 laptop. I've found a previous post about this question with the following instructions: Go to Settings. Click on Personalization, then Themes. Select Mouse pointer settings. Then, click on the last tab...
  8. Touchpad disabled and no where to enable again

Touchpad disabled and no where to enable again: My PC is a Lenovo Ideapad 330, windows 10 home after MS Windows update, my touchpad scrolling functions (2 / 3 / 4 finger gestures) was disabled I have tried all means to enable it (using the Touchpad settings) but there is no more checkbox for me to turn the hand gestures...
  9. Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop) has a built-in touchpad, you may want to enable or disable on demand. This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the touchpad...
  10. Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop) has a built-in touchpad, you may want to enable or disable the tapping feature (aka: Tap...