Windows 10: Hide or Show Touchpad Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

Discus and support Hide or Show Touchpad Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Hide or Show Touchpad Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Touchpad Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 Starting with Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hide or Show Touchpad Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

How to: Hide or Show Touchpad Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

How to Hide or Show Touchpad Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

Starting with Windows Ink Workspace does), and tapping on it will bring it up the virtual touchpad.

Starting with Windows 10 build 15019, the look of the Virtual Touchpad has been adjusted to make the left/right buttons more visible.

The touchpad button is only supported on any PC (ex: tablet or laptop) that has a touchscreen.

This tutorial will show you how to hide or show the touchpad button on the taskbar notification area for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Hide or Show Touchpad Button in Taskbar Context Menu
    • Option Two: To Hide or Show Touchpad Button in Settings
    • Option Three: To Hide or Show Touchpad Button using a BAT file

EXAMPLE: Touchpad button on taskbar and virtual touchpad

Hide or Show Touchpad Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Hide or Show Touchpad Button in Taskbar Context Menu
    1. Right click or press and hold on the taskbar, and click/tap on Show touchpad button to toggle it to show (checked) or hide (unchecked - default). (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Hide or Show Touchpad Button in Settings
    1. Turn on or off the Touchpad system icon for what you want. (see screenshot below)

For how, see: How to Turn Taskbar Notification Area System Icons On or Off in Windows 10

OPTION THREE [/i] To Hide or Show Touchpad Button using a BAT file

*note The downloadable .bat files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Touchpad

TouchpadDesiredVisibility DWORD

0 = Off - hide
    1 = On - show

1. Do step 2 (show) or step 3 (hide) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Show Touchpad Button on Taskbar
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 4 below.

Show_Touchpad_button_on_taskbar.bat

Download

3. To Hide Touchpad Button on Taskbar
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 4 below.

Hide_Touchpad_button_on_taskbar.bat

Download
    4. Save the .bat file to your desktop.

5. Unblock the .bat file.

6. Run the .bat file.

7. You will now notice your screen flicker and a command prompt quickly opens and closes as explorer is restarted to apply the registry changes.

8. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .bat file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 3, 2017

2. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Oct 26, 2019
  3. How to show/hide taskbar

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try the simple steps and check if that helps.

• Right click on the task bar and click on properties.

• To hide the task bar you can check on the box Auto-hide taskbar.

Or

• To reduce the taskbar size you can check on the box Use small taskbar button.

• Now click on Apply and Ok.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Hide taskbar labels - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

You may try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Right click a blank area on the taskbar and choose
      Taskbar Settings.

• Under Combine Taskbar Buttons, choose
      Always, hide labels.

• Exit Settings.

You may also go through How to use the taskbar
    for further help.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
    Next Windows 10 let you hide Search and Task View buttons

Read more...

See also:

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Windows 10 taskbar won't hide

I tried the procedure above three times. I restarted in between each try. These instructions do NOT work in Windows 10.

PLEASE FIX THIS PROBELM WITH AN UPDATE.

JackBeckner, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Hide or Show Touchpad Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Hide Show Touchpad

2. Pressing the "show desktop" button hides the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pressing the "show desktop" button hides the taskbar?: I've used the "show desktop" button for years now but suddenly it has started being wonky. When I press it now it completely hides the taskbar and it doesn't come back until I press the windows button on my keyboard. This is extremely irritating and fiddling with the taskbar...
  3. Pressing the "show desktop" button hides the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pressing the "show desktop" button hides the taskbar?: I've used the "show desktop" button for years now but suddenly it has started being wonky. When I press it now it completely hides the taskbar and it doesn't come back until I press the windows button on my keyboard. This is extremely irritating and fiddling with the taskbar...
  4. Pressing the "show desktop" button hides the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Natively hide "Show Desktop" button on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Natively hide "Show Desktop" button on taskbar: You know, this little bugger. Any way to natively hide it with a registry hack? I've used 7+ Taskbar Tweaker but I hate how it HAS to run in the background. Help is appreciated. Thanks! 81055
  6. Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your...
  7. Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 Windows 10 introduces a new feature called Task View. Task View is a virtual desktop manager that allows you to quickly switch between all of...
  8. Hide or Show Windows Ink Workspace Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Windows Ink Workspace Button on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Windows Ink Workspace Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Windows Ink Workspace Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 14328, you can try out the new Windows Ink experience for yourself. Windows Ink puts the...
  9. Taskbar Buttons - Hide or Show Badges in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Taskbar Buttons - Hide or Show Badges in Windows 10: How to: Taskbar Buttons - Hide or Show Badges in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Badges on Taskbar Buttons in Windows 10 Starting with Action Center. These badges are lightweight notifications that are contextual and specific to individual apps. For example, the Mail...
  10. Hide or Show Touch Keyboard Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Touch Keyboard Button on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Touch Keyboard Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external keyboard that you plug into your PC. Windows 10 includes a touch keyboard for PCs....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. show touchpad button

2. show touchpad enable button

3. how to enable show touch pad icon in taskbar

4. show touchpad butt,
  5. show touchpad button on taskbar,
  6. show touchpad on taskbar windows 1903,
  7. how to.toggle on the touchpad biuuton in windows 10