Windows 10: How do I re-enable OneDrive in Win 10?

Discus and support How do I re-enable OneDrive in Win 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all I deactivated OneDrive when I installed Win 10 last year as I was paying for Dropbox Pro and didn't need OneDrive duplicating cloud services.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Emanef212, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Emanef212 Win User

How do I re-enable OneDrive in Win 10?

Hi all

I deactivated OneDrive when I installed Win 10 last year as I was paying for Dropbox Pro and didn't need OneDrive duplicating cloud services. I've now cancelled my Dropbox sub as I have a year free of OneDrive, but I can't work out how to re-enable OneDrive in Windows. I have googled it but I can't find anything that actually works.

I'm reluctant to have to do a full OS reinstall unless absolutely neccessary....!

Thanks

:)

Emanef212, Jul 31, 2016

2. How do I re-enable fast user switching in Windows 10 Home?

OK - it took me a little while to get around to it, but I ran a full reinstall of windows 10 - I chose the "keep my files and applications" option. Now that the reinstall is done, I'm finding that I still cannot use fast user switching. So I'm still
    stuck.

PerkinsFamily5510, Jul 31, 2016
  3. How do I re-enable fast user switching in Windows 10 Home?

I installed Windows 10 Home (upgraded from Windows 8.1) a few months ago. When I first installed, I could click the start menu, then click on the account picture at the top, and it would give me the option to log into a different account on the PC without
    signing out the one I am currently in. I think that's called fast user switching.

Recently, and for some unknown reason, that option just stopped showing up. When I click on the account picture, I still get the option to lock, sign out, or change account settings when I click on it - but no option to sign into one of the other accounts
    on the pc directly from there.

I've read several tutorials that suggested I just needed to either:

a) Disable the "Hide entry points for fast user switching" setting in group policy, or...

b) Restart the fast user switching service in services

I'm using Home, so, of course, I don't have GPEdit.msc, but I found a place that let me download it. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be a setting for "Hide entry points for fast user switching" under the Logon folder. It's just not there.

And, when I go into services, I don't find any service relating to fast user switching at all. Can someone tell me what caused this to spontaneously disappear, and how to get it back?

PerkinsFamily5510, Jul 31, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Thema:

1. How do I re-enable OneDrive in Win 10? - Similar Threads - enable OneDrive

2. RANT: OneDrive enabled without consent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RANT: OneDrive enabled without consent: /rant ONWhy the hell did I find OneDrive enabled and syncing my desktop & documents folder without my consent?And why for the love of everything removing those 2 folders from the synched folders deleted all of my desktop stuff?Please, stop harassing users with this kind of...
  3. RANT: OneDrive enabled without consent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RANT: OneDrive enabled without consent: /rant ONWhy the hell did I find OneDrive enabled and syncing my desktop & documents folder without my consent?And why for the love of everything removing those 2 folders from the synched folders deleted all of my desktop stuff?Please, stop harassing users with this kind of...
  4. Did onedrive just get auto enabled on accounts after the latest update, April 2023?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did onedrive just get auto enabled on accounts after the latest update, April 2023?: Just before my son went back to Uni he checked his laptop and every file and folder under Documents had a red x against it. He has never signed in to onedrive. There was 25Gbytes of files under that Documents folder. The red x is indicating he has no space left, free 5GByte...
  5. Did onedrive just get auto enabled on accounts after the latest update, April 2023?

Did onedrive just get auto enabled on accounts after the latest update, April 2023?: Just before my son went back to Uni he checked his laptop and every file and folder under Documents had a red x against it. He has never signed in to onedrive. There was 25Gbytes of files under that Documents folder. The red x is indicating he has no space left, free 5GByte...
  6. Did onedrive just get auto enabled on accounts after the latest update, April 2023?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Re-enabling OneDrive backups after cloning to new SSD drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-enabling OneDrive backups after cloning to new SSD drive: I have Onedrive backups enabled on my PCI recently changed my PC case, and bought a new M.2 drive which I cloned with Acronis True Image for Western Digital.Now, Onedrive is not backing up my files and insisting that I rename them.Also, I no longer have access to my Personal...
  8. Re-enabling OneDrive backups after cloning to new SSD drive

Re-enabling OneDrive backups after cloning to new SSD drive: I have Onedrive backups enabled on my PCI recently changed my PC case, and bought a new M.2 drive which I cloned with Acronis True Image for Western Digital.Now, Onedrive is not backing up my files and insisting that I rename them.Also, I no longer have access to my Personal...
  9. Can't log into OneDrive on PC to enable syncing.Hi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log into OneDrive on PC to enable syncing.Hi: I want to sync my PC with OneDrive on Windows 11.When I attempt to do this I get the message below that my browser Edge does not support Javascript. I've checked and it is enabled in Edge. I've tried uninstalling Onedrive and re-installing, and resetting it. I've tried...
  10. Can't log into OneDrive on PC to enable syncing.Hi

Can't log into OneDrive on PC to enable syncing.Hi: I want to sync my PC with OneDrive on Windows 11.When I attempt to do this I get the message below that my browser Edge does not support Javascript. I've checked and it is enabled in Edge. I've tried uninstalling Onedrive and re-installing, and resetting it. I've tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. re enable one drive