Windows 10: How do I re-enable OneDrive in Win 10?

Discus and support How do I re-enable OneDrive in Win 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all I deactivated OneDrive when I installed Win 10 last year as I was paying for Dropbox Pro and didn't need OneDrive duplicating cloud services.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Emanef212, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Emanef212 Win User

How do I re-enable OneDrive in Win 10?

Hi all

I deactivated OneDrive when I installed Win 10 last year as I was paying for Dropbox Pro and didn't need OneDrive duplicating cloud services. I've now cancelled my Dropbox sub as I have a year free of OneDrive, but I can't work out how to re-enable OneDrive in Windows. I have googled it but I can't find anything that actually works.

I'm reluctant to have to do a full OS reinstall unless absolutely neccessary....!

Thanks

:)

Emanef212, Jul 31, 2016

2. How do I re-enable fast user switching in Windows 10 Home?

OK - it took me a little while to get around to it, but I ran a full reinstall of windows 10 - I chose the "keep my files and applications" option. Now that the reinstall is done, I'm finding that I still cannot use fast user switching. So I'm still
    stuck.

PerkinsFamily5510, Jul 31, 2016
  3. How do I re-enable fast user switching in Windows 10 Home?

I installed Windows 10 Home (upgraded from Windows 8.1) a few months ago. When I first installed, I could click the start menu, then click on the account picture at the top, and it would give me the option to log into a different account on the PC without
    signing out the one I am currently in. I think that's called fast user switching.

Recently, and for some unknown reason, that option just stopped showing up. When I click on the account picture, I still get the option to lock, sign out, or change account settings when I click on it - but no option to sign into one of the other accounts
    on the pc directly from there.

I've read several tutorials that suggested I just needed to either:

a) Disable the "Hide entry points for fast user switching" setting in group policy, or...

b) Restart the fast user switching service in services

I'm using Home, so, of course, I don't have GPEdit.msc, but I found a place that let me download it. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be a setting for "Hide entry points for fast user switching" under the Logon folder. It's just not there.

And, when I go into services, I don't find any service relating to fast user switching at all. Can someone tell me what caused this to spontaneously disappear, and how to get it back?

PerkinsFamily5510, Jul 31, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Thema:

1. How do I re-enable OneDrive in Win 10? - Similar Threads - enable OneDrive

2. Enable OneDrive on Windows 10 Kisok-enabled Computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable OneDrive on Windows 10 Kisok-enabled Computers: Our company has Microsoft 365 deployed. We setup Kiosk mode on Intune, and only specified Win32 Apps available to AzureAD users. How to setup the Intune device configuration so that AzureAD users logging in Kiosk-enabled computers will be able to access their OneDrive...
  3. windows 10 and onedrive sync was enable and i didnt want it

windows 10 and onedrive sync was enable and i didnt want it: I bought a refurbish hp pavilion laptop that came with windows 10 and product key. when I activated windows 10 hoping for fresh new start because my old dell inspiron 1555 has been trouble especially with windows 10 update issues. once I activated windows 10 on my HP laptop I...
  4. After enabling OneDrive, search box no longer works in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After enabling OneDrive, search box no longer works in file explorer: I purchased and installed Microsoft 365 last week. I connected to OneDrive at that time. I rebooted my pc after the install. Now, when I open File Explorer and use the Search field to find an item, it always says "No items match your search". For example, I have a folder...
  5. Unable to sync data in OneDrive Error: Contact your system administrator to enable sync

Unable to sync data in OneDrive Error: Contact your system administrator to enable sync: I am trying to resolve a OneDrive problem (no help from Microsoft despite repeated contact - thanks guys!) and as part of this I am ensuring sync your settings is working. However, my computer tells me I need to contact my system administrator to enable sync. I am my own...
  6. Enabled Onedrive Folder Protection and desktop files got deletede

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Enabled Onedrive Folder Protection and desktop files got deletede: I have a very strange issue. Somehow in the middle of it all when i enabled the folder protection option for desktop, pictures and document did something show got wrong and it somehow only got some of the folders. But all my local files just went missing and now i'm worried...
  7. Fall Creators Update not enabling Onedrive on demand.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fall Creators Update not enabling Onedrive on demand.: That is what is going on. No option under Onedrive settings either. Henry 95685
  8. Enable or Disable OneDrive New Flyout Notification in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable OneDrive New Flyout Notification in Windows 10: Merry Christmas, Shawn, and thank you for this present! Personally, I find the new more modern flyout notification mildly obnoxious. Takes a lot of real estate, too. 73251
  9. Enable or Disable OneDrive Integration

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable OneDrive Integration: Hi Thanks I'll do it in the morning when my brain is working properly. 16278
  10. How to copy files from PC to OneDrive with no syncing enabled

in Windows 10 Support
    How to copy files from PC to OneDrive with no syncing enabled: Hello, Windows 10 OneDrive seems to only want to operate as your primary file storage repository with your PC being a potential backup for OneDrive. I do not want to use it in that manner. How do I use OneDrive to simply copy selected files and folders from my PC to OneDrive...