Windows 10: How to disable tap clicking?

Discus and support How to disable tap clicking? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I cant stand tap clicking, how can I disable it? In other versions of windows I was able to do it pretty easily in the settings, but now I cant find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MrYoshi411, Nov 4, 2019.

1. How to disable tap clicking?

I cant stand tap clicking, how can I disable it? In other versions of windows I was able to do it pretty easily in the settings, but now I cant find the option. Anyone know how to do it?

submitted by /u/MrYoshi411
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MrYoshi411, Nov 4, 2019

2. Disabling tap to click in windows 10

Hello Gary,

In line with your concern, check if you can disable the Tap-to-click feature by performing the steps below:

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Click on Personalization, then Themes.
    3. Select Mouse pointer settings.
    4. Then, click on the last tab called Device settings (might be different from other computers) and again on Settings.
    5. A new window will pop-up with the Pointer options. Just uncheck Tapping.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Nov 4, 2019
  3. RichK Win User
    How To Disable Tap-to-Click on Windows 10

I was able to follow your scenario as far as "Mouse Pointer Settings".
    Then the last tab is "Hardware" rather than "Device Settings". I tried hardware tab - no "settings" so double clicked on "Properties". I found lots of stuff under ASUS Touchpad Properties, details tab, Property Device Description downarrow. Unfortunately nothing looked like a way to disable tapping. Any sage advice? Perhaps Win10 was updated after you tested? I just installed Win10 this afternoon. Thanks for your help. I too hate tap-clicking. - Rich K

RichK, Nov 4, 2019
  4. How to disable tap clicking?

Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping in Touchpad Settings

How to Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10

If your Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop) has a built-in touchpad, you may want to enable or disable the tapping feature (aka: Tap to Click) as needed.

Tapping means quickly touching and then lifting your finger off the touchpad surface.

When tapping is enabled, a tap on the touchpad performs the actions of the left mouse button.

When tapping is disabled, the touchpad buttons are the only way to click from the touchpad.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable touchpad tapping (aka: Tap to Click) on demand for your account in Windows 10.

Touchpad tapping settings will vary from one device and driver to another, so your settings may be different than in this tutorial.

If you have something different, then please post screenshots. I'll be happy to include it in the tutorial for others.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping in Touchpad Settings
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping from Touchpad Notification Icon

How to disable tap clicking? [​IMG]
    OPTION ONE
    Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping in Touchpad Settings
    1 Open Settings, and click/tap on the Devices icon.

2 Click/tap on Touchpad on the left side, and click/tap on the Additional settings link under Related settings on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3 In the ClickPad Settings tab (name may vary), click/tap on the ClickPad Settings button. (see screenshot below)

4 Check (enable - default) or uncheck (disable) Tapping, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

If you try to disable Tapping without having Clicking enabled, you will get the warning below until you do.

OPTION TWO
    Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping from Touchpad Notification Icon
    1 Click/tap on the touchpad notification icon on the taskbar if you have the icon set to show. (see screenshots below)

2 Click/tap on Tap to Click to toggle tapping on (check - enable) or off (uncheck - disable) for what you want.

If you try to disable Tapping without having Clicking enabled, you will get the warning below until you do.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

How to disable tap clicking?

1. How to disable tap clicking? - Similar Threads - disable tap clicking

2. Disabling Tap to Click on Wireless Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Tap to Click on Wireless Keyboard: I haven't been able to find a setting for my keyboard's 'Tap to Click' on the touchpad.Does Windows 11 have a setting for the mousepad?I could use the keyboard software. Trying to eliminate startup items.James...
  3. Disabling Tap to Click on Wireless Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Tap to Click on Wireless Keyboard: I haven't been able to find a setting for my keyboard's 'Tap to Click' on the touchpad.Does Windows 11 have a setting for the mousepad?I could use the keyboard software. Trying to eliminate startup items.James...
  4. how do I disable the tapping feature as a left click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I disable the tapping feature as a left click: A heavy hand I am click on items all the time, I have two perfectly good left and right mouse buttons. the track pad should be used as a mouse pointer and not a button. how do you disable the clicking or selection option....
  5. Trackpad tap to click, disable dragging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trackpad tap to click, disable dragging: So since my trackpad is trash I had to enable this and it's likeable, my issue with this is that if I tap 2 times in a "short" time on a chrome tab, for instance, it will start dragging it and its really annoying. Basically I want it to register a click, but not remembering...
  6. How to disable tap to click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to disable tap to click: I have tried pretty much everything people have said online but nothing works! either the tabs aren't there or the solutions just don't work. I am at my wit's end! Computer is an Alienware Area 51m...
  7. Disable tap to click on touchpad.

Disable tap to click on touchpad.: I recently installed an update to Windows 10. I originally had my touchpad set to only use the buttons to click, because I GODDAMN HATE WHEN THE TOUCHPAD ACCIDENTALLY CLICKS ON SOMETHING WHEN I BRUSH MY HAND ACROSS IT!!! I can't find anywhere to turn it off, and I swear to...
  8. Disabling tap to click in windows 10

Disabling tap to click in windows 10: I have an MSI computer with a Synaptics touch pad. I have not been able to disable the tap to click "feature" on the touch pad MSI says it is all controlled by Windows 10 and I have to wait to see if they fix it. This sounds wrong to me cause I have a Dell laptop running the...
  9. Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop) has a built-in touchpad, you may want to enable or disable the tapping feature (aka: Tap...
  10. How To Disable Tap-to-Click on Windows 10

How To Disable Tap-to-Click on Windows 10: I recently updated/upgraded my Windows 8 laptop to Windows 10 operating system. I would like to know how to disable the tap-to-click touch-pad feature in Windows 10. It was easy to do on 8, but after searching through the settings on 10 I am unable to locate that setting....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable touchpad tap windows 10

2. disable taps windows 10