Windows 10: How to Right Click on a Touchscreen in Windows 10

Discus and support How to Right Click on a Touchscreen in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: How to Right Click on a Touchscreen in Windows 10 How to Right Click on a Touchscreen in Windows 10 The right click is the action of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, May 2, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

How to Right Click on a Touchscreen in Windows 10

How to: How to Right Click on a Touchscreen in Windows 10

The right click is the action of pressing the right button on a mouse or touchpad. When you right click on an item in Windows, it will usually open a context menu, drop menu, or jump list for additional options for that item.

If you have a touchscreen, you may wonder how do you right click on a touchscreen.

Starting with all apps list, the context menu will now appear after a moment, rather than first having to lift your finger.

This tutorial will show you how to right click on a touchscreen in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. If applicable, select one or more items you want to right click on.

2. Press and hold on the item(s) with your finger. (see screenshot below)

How to Right Click on a Touchscreen in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. When you see a transparent box appear, release your finger. (see screenshot below)

How to Right Click on a Touchscreen in Windows 10 [​IMG]

4. A context menu, drop menu, or jump list will now open for additional options to select.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, May 2, 2017
  2. paulski Win User

Touchscreen monitor

Hi, I'm looking into buying a touchscreen monitor for use with a Dell Inspiron 660 desktop pc rnning Windows 8 in order to fully utilise the touchscreen facilities of Windows 8.
    I'm preliminary looking at the Iiyama T2250MTS or T2452MTS touchscreen monitors. Anyone had experience of these, do they fully work under Windows 8?
    Any other suggestions of monitors in the £200-£350 range?
    Thanks

paulski, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  4. How to Right Click on a Touchscreen in Windows 10

Touchscreen stopped working -driver missing from laptop

Hi Julie,

There are several ways to resolve touchscreen issues such us updating the driver, installing available updates or downloading the driver from its manufacturer website. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask the following questions:

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article:
    What to try if your touchscreen doesn't work

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Touchscreen suddenly malfunctions on Google Chrome Windows 10

Hi Yuuki,

With regard to your query, we suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter and see if it will fix the issue with your touchscreen.

• Press Windows + X keys.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Change the view by option on the right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the View
      all options on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware troubleshooter.
    You may also try updating the HID compliant touchscreen driver in Device Manager by following the steps below.

• Press Windows + X keys.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Device.
    • Right-click on HID compliant touchscreen.
    • Click on Driver tab.
    • Select Update Driver.
    • Reboot the PC once the driver has successfully installed for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. How to Right Click on a Touchscreen in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Right Click Touchscreen

2. Right click is not working on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click is not working on windows 10: I am experiencing an issue with the right-click menu. The menu only displays for .zip files and some documents, but not for normal folders or shortcuts. When I attempt to load the cursor, it becomes stuck and does not work for apps or software. The error video has been...
  3. Right click is not working on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right click is not working on windows 10: I am experiencing an issue with the right-click menu. The menu only displays for .zip files and some documents, but not for normal folders or shortcuts. When I attempt to load the cursor, it becomes stuck and does not work for apps or software. The error video has been...
  4. How to fix right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix right click: Hi, every time I right click on a app on my desktop it just loads and loads and loads. I can't do anything on home screen after that. Only stops loading if I restart my computer. I tried a trouble shooting option that just makes my computer blue screen now. Help please...
  5. How to fix right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix right click: Hi, every time I right click on a app on my desktop it just loads and loads and loads. I can't do anything on home screen after that. Only stops loading if I restart my computer. I tried a trouble shooting option that just makes my computer blue screen now. Help please...
  6. How do I change the right-click on Windows 10 touchpad laptop no left-click / right-click /...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the right-click on Windows 10 touchpad laptop no left-click / right-click /...: I have a Windows 10 HP laptop which only has a touchpad, and no right - click, middle - click or left-click keys. For a right - click to register, I have to press the lower-right part of the touchpad or tap the touchpad with 2 fingers.I find both of these inconvenient for...
  7. How do I change the right-click on Windows 10 touchpad laptop no left-click / right-click /...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the right-click on Windows 10 touchpad laptop no left-click / right-click /...: I have a Windows 10 HP laptop which only has a touchpad, and no right - click, middle - click or left-click keys. For a right - click to register, I have to press the lower-right part of the touchpad or tap the touchpad with 2 fingers.I find both of these inconvenient for...
  8. right click menu in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    right click menu in windows 10: 2 Days ago, wile using Firefox, I remarked that my PC started to act strange: wile trying to open a new tab, instead, a new window was opening. In Explorer, I cannot use the Right Click.As soon as I press the right button on the mouse, the menu opens and right away it closes....
  9. Windows 10 Share on right click

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Share on right click: I recently right clicked on a sensitive file and instead of clicking on Open with, accidentally clicked on the Share button. The following window popped up: [img] I immediately pressed the Esc key and the window disappeared. Does this window automatically share the...
  10. Unable to right click in windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to right click in windows 10: I have found that windows 10 freezes up when attempting to right click on a file. Example of this is when I right click on a photo folder to rename them. I get the circle and it then goes to not responding. then I have to force quit/*cry*Mad Anyone have this issue or a...