Windows 10: Enable or Disable Touch by Finger in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Touch by Finger in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Touch by Finger in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Touch by Finger in Windows 10 If you have a touch screen in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Enable or Disable Touch by Finger in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable Touch by Finger in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Touch by Finger in Windows 10

If you have a touch screen in Windows 10, users can specify whether touch input is enabled or disabled for their account on the PC.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable touch by finger for your account in Windows 10.

*note This will not affect touch input by finger on the lock screen and sign-in screen.

Here's How:

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Wisp\Touch

TouchGate DWORD

0 = Disable
    1 = Enable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable or Disable Touch by Finger
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_touch_by_finger.reg

Download

3. To Enable or Disable Touch by Finger
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_touch_by_finger.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. restart the computer to apply.

8. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 22, 2016

2. Enable/Disable Touch Screen Windows 10 Laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern, we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I would like to suggest the steps mentioned below to enable touch in Lenovo think pad. Please perform the steps and check if you can enable your touch screen.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start Menu, locate and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on View by: Category and change it into
      Large or Small Icons.

• Click on Pen and Touch, once there click on the Touch tab and check the option
      “Use your finger as Input Device”.

Hope this information was helpful. Please let us know the status of your issue so that we can assist you further.

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 26, 2019
  3. RoyWood64 Win User
    Enable/Disable Touch Screen Windows 10 Laptop

There is no Pen and Touch option on my Lenovo 3-1480. I can double boot and it comes back. It is never on after sleep or shutdown. It is more of a problem since installation of Office 365.

RoyWood64, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Enable or Disable Touch by Finger in Windows 10

How to enable touch screen function on Lenovo ideapad 500

Hello,

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to enable touch in Lenovo idea pad. Please perform the steps and check if you can enable your touch screen.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start Menu, locate and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Click on View by: Category and change it into
      Large or Small Icons.
    • Click on Pen and Touch, once there click on theTouch tab and check the option
      “Use your finger as Input Device”.

For further assistance I suggest you to contact with Lenovo support:

Home - Global Support - US

Hope this information was helpful. Please let us know the status of your issue so that we can assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Shawn Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  6. How do I Disable Touch Screen on Windows 10?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

Method 1:

To disable touch screen you may try the steps and check if it helps.

a. Press Windows key + x.

b. Type Control Panel.

c. Go to Hardware and Sound.

d. Click onPen and touch.

e. Click thetouch tab.

f. Disable use your finger as an input.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to try the steps and check if it helps.

a) Press the
    Windows logo key + X.

b) Select “Device Manager” from the list.

c) Click the little arrow next to “Human Interface Devices” to expand the list.

d) Click the
    touch screen driver.

e) Right-click, and select “Disable” from the list.

f) Click
    yes on the dialog box that asks if you are sure you want to
    disable the touch screen driver

Note: When you want enable touch screen follow the same process and select Enable, when right-clicking the touch screen driver.

Refer to the link for additional information.

Touch: swipe, tap, and beyond

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/touch-swipe-tap-beyond

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Enable or Disable Touch by Finger in Windows 10

1. Enable or Disable Touch by Finger in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Touch

2. Limited Touch Support with 10 Touch Points- Two Finger Zoom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Limited Touch Support with 10 Touch Points- Two Finger Zoom: Good Afternoon Microsoft Team-I am using a Rexroth R911403614 HMI loaded with Windows 10. It specifies "Limited Touch Support with 10 Touch Points." Our touch screen feature is functional, but a two-finger zoom-in or -out action is not recognized. Can you please advise?...
  3. Limited Touch Support with 10 Touch Points- Two Finger Zoom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Limited Touch Support with 10 Touch Points- Two Finger Zoom: Good Afternoon Microsoft Team-I am using a Rexroth R911403614 HMI loaded with Windows 10. It specifies "Limited Touch Support with 10 Touch Points." Our touch screen feature is functional, but a two-finger zoom-in or -out action is not recognized. Can you please advise?...
  4. How to enable or disable Tablet PC touch input in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Tablet PC touch input in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you want to disable or turn off the tablet PC’s touch input, here […] This article How to enable or disable Tablet PC touch input in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. How can I disable finger touch input while leaving pen input enabled on a touchscreen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I disable finger touch input while leaving pen input enabled on a touchscreen.: I just bought dell inspiron 2 in 1 laptop. Whenever I write or sketch using a pen, my hand touch on screen doesn't let me sketch properly and it is hard to write/sketch without putting wrist on screen. so I want to disable all kind of body touch while writing. How can I...
  6. problem in multi finger touch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    problem in multi finger touch: There was a recent windows update available which I updated 2 days back, even since multi finger touch is not working in my laptop. I checked online, even on windows website but I am not yet able to enable the same. I even tried restarting my laptop, even that did not help....
  7. Touch pad finger gestures disabled after Windows 10 update - driver update not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch pad finger gestures disabled after Windows 10 update - driver update not working: I recently had a Windows 10 update occur on my HP laptop (HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-bl0XX ). Afterwards when it restarted the touchpad did not work - the cursor arrow had disappeared. Thankfully my laptop is also a touchscreen so I accessed device manager and to...
  8. finger print touch login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    finger print touch login: Hi, When I originally got my Dell Laptop, my finger print id worked along with my face recognition and pin but now my fingerprint option doesn't even recognize that I am placing my finger there. I have tried removing my old print and resetting it up but it does not register...
  9. Enable or Disable Touch Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Touch Screen in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Touch Screen in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Touch Screen in Windows 10 A touchscreen, or touch screen, is an input device that enables you to interact directly with what is displayed, rather than using a mouse, touchpad, or other such...
  10. Enable or Disable Standard Keyboard for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Standard Keyboard for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Standard Keyboard for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial is no longer valid in Windows 10. The Full (standard) layout is now included in the Touch Keyboard by default to select. *Arrow How to Change Layout of Touch...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disable touch by finger on windows 10