Windows 10: Import or Export Internet Explorer Favorites with HTM in Windows 10

Discus and support Import or Export Internet Explorer Favorites with HTM in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Import or Export Internet Explorer Favorites with HTM in Windows 10 How to Import or Export Internet Explorer Favorites with HTM file in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Import or Export Internet Explorer Favorites with HTM in Windows 10

How to: Import or Export Internet Explorer Favorites with HTM in Windows 10

How to Import or Export Internet Explorer Favorites with HTM file in Windows 10

Import or Export Internet Explorer Favorites with HTM in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as favorites in Internet Explorer. The favorites bar is a toolbar in Internet Explorer that you can also add your favorite websites you visit frequently on to make opening them faster and more convenient.

You can export your favorites from Internet Explorer to a .htm file as a backup that you can use to import your favorites in Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Chrome, etc... web browsers.

This tutorial will show you how to import or export your Internet Explorer favorites with a .htm or .html file in Windows 10.

Note Your account's favorites for Internet Explorer are saved in the %UserProfile%\Favorites folder by default. You can copy and paste these.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Export Favorites from Internet Explorer to a .htm File
    • Option Two: To Import Favorites to Internet Explorer from a .htm or .html File

OPTION ONE [/i] To Export Favorites from Internet Explorer to a .htm File
    1. Open Internet Explorer.

2. In Internet Explorer, click/tap on File (menu bar), and click/tap on Import and export. (see screenshot below)

3. Select (dot) Export from a file, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

4. Check Favorites, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

5. Select Favorites to export all favorites, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

6. Browse to where you want to save the bookmark.htm file at, and click/tap on Export. (see screenshots below)

Note If you like, you could also rename the file extension to .html before clicking on Export.

7. If you already have a bookmark.htm file at that location, click/tap on Yes to replace it. If you don't want to replace it, then rename the bookmark.htm file at that location first. (see screenshot below)

8. Click/tap on Finish when the bookmark.htm file has been successfully exported. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Import Favorites to Internet Explorer from a .htm or .html File
    1. Open Internet Explorer.

2. In Internet Explorer, click/tap on File (menu bar), and click/tap on Import and export. (see screenshot below)

3. Select (dot) Import from a file, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

4. Check Favorites, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

5. Browse to and select the .htm or .html file you want to import, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshots below)

6. Select Favorites to import to, and click/tap on Import. (see screenshot below)

7. You may sometimes see this below until it's finished importing the .htm or .html. You would jsut need to let it sit, and not click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

8. Click/tap on Finish when the .htm or .html file has been successfully imported. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jul 22, 2017
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. How do I import HTM bookmark/favorites into Edge correctly?

Hi Brink..nice to meet you. Thanks for the Welcome *Smile
    I downloaded the Creators Update at the weekend..version 1703. When I click on settings in Edge...theres an option to Import favourites from another browser. When you click on that you get import from Internet Explorer. Then underneath theres Import or Export from a file saying that files can be imported or exported as HTML files. My HTM Bookmark is an older bookmark created when I was running Windows 8.1. That's why I came on here to ask the question to check that this option works for older HTM Bookmarks that were saved to a USB while using Windows 8.1...or if you can only import HTM Bookmarks that have previously been exported using Edge on Windows 10 and not those Bookmarks that have been exported from Internet Explorer on Windows 8.1?

sportsfan148, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Import or Export Internet Explorer Favorites with HTM in Windows 10

Can't Import Internet Explorer Favorites into Edge

Vardhaman,

I'm having the same problem importing favorites from Internet Explorer. Your answer totally ignores his question.

"Please make sure you are following correct steps to import favorites."

• Select More actions (...) > Settings.
      (STOP: At this point EDGE says: ""couldn't import favorites", so we CANNOT GO TO STEP 2)
    • Select Import favorites from another browser and choose from the list.
    • To see your favorites, select Hub > Favorites.
    Kenny

KennethMeeks, Oct 26, 2019
  5. How do I import HTM bookmark/favorites into Edge correctly?

Hi everyone,
    This is my first post on the forum. I tried Windows 10 over a year ago but decided to go back to 8.1. Ive decided to come over to Windows 10 permanently now so bare with me Im a total Windows 10 novice!!! *Smile My question is about importing bookmarks in the Edge browser. With Internet Explorer in Windows 8.1 I always backed up my Bookmarks/favorites in HTM format by exporting to a USB flash drive for safe keeping. Also, Ive always used a local account on my laptop previously so when Ive done a clean install ive imported the bookmarks into explorer after Windows installation. Everywhere Ive searched on the net says that you cant import bookmarks in HTM file format directly into Edge yet. Ive read that with Windows 10..you have to firstly import the bookmarks into Internet Explorer 11 and then have Edge import them from the Internet Explorer browser. Is that still the case?
    My current situation is I have my Bookmarks/favorites from Windows 8.1 saved in HTM file format on a USB flash drive and I want to know the correct method to transfer my Bookmarks over into the Edge browser in Windows 10.
    Also, For future reference...When you have the bookmarks set up in Edge. How do you back them up correctly...and import them back into Edge when required?
    I just want to be sure I understand the Import/Export Bookmark/Favorites file correctly and if it can be done in HTM file format as I used to be able to do in Windows 8.1.
    Thanks for your patience. Im sorry if that was a long read!! *Smile

sportsfan148, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Import Chrome Favorites

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to import bookmarks from Google Chrome to Microsoft Edge. We will assist you with it.

Follow the step provided below and check if it helps.

• First, export the favorites from google chrome to a file and save it on your computer.
    • Next, open Internet Explorer.
    • Press F10 key.
    • Click on file.
    • Select Import and Export.
    • Follow the instruction on the screen and import the bookmarks in Internet Explorer.
    • Now, open Microsoft Edge,
    • Go to setting.
    • Click on Import favorites from another browser.
    • Select Internet Explorer and import the favorites.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Import or Export Internet Explorer Favorites with HTM in Windows 10

1. Import or Export Internet Explorer Favorites with HTM in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Import Export Internet

2. Import/Export Edge favorites as HTML

in Browsers and Email
    Import/Export Edge favorites as HTML: I go to settings and more go down and select settings but do not get the GENERAL selections that is shown in step three. Where am I going wrong? I am running Version 20H2 build 19042.685 latest update of Edge shipinomore 170150
  3. importing Favorites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    importing Favorites: I imported ‘Favorites’ from IE to Edge but they are not displaying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-favorites/d9960ff0-6ff1-4f92-bd07-26a6c066e796
  4. How do I import HTM bookmark/favorites into Edge correctly?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I import HTM bookmark/favorites into Edge correctly?: Hi everyone, This is my first post on the forum. I tried Windows 10 over a year ago but decided to go back to 8.1. Ive decided to come over to Windows 10 permanently now so bare with me Im a total Windows 10 novice!!! :-) My question is about importing bookmarks in the Edge...
  5. Import/Export Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Import/Export Edge Favorites: Microsoft Edge Favorites - Export in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums Though Edge may not be the browser of choice, would like to hear reviews/comments of the above method of export/import of favorites from those that have used the method. This method was designed...
  6. Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge: How to: Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge How to Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to...
  7. Import or Export Favorites as HTML File in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import or Export Favorites as HTML File in Microsoft Edge: How to: Import or Export Favorites as HTML File in Microsoft Edge How to Import or Export Microsoft Edge Favorites as HTML File in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...
  8. Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Firefox in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Firefox in Windows 10: How to: Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Firefox in Windows 10 How to Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Firefox in Windows 10 [img] Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Firefox. The...
  9. Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Chrome in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Chrome in Windows 10: How to: Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Chrome in Windows 10 How to Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Chrome in Windows 10 [img] Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Chrome. The...
  10. Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer: How to: Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer How to Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information Keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as favorites in Internet Explorer. The...