Windows 10: Internet Explorer - Import Bookmarks from Firefox in Windows 10

Discus and support Internet Explorer - Import Bookmarks from Firefox in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Internet Explorer - Import Bookmarks from Firefox in Windows 10 How to Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Internet Explorer in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Internet Explorer - Import Bookmarks from Firefox in Windows 10

How to: Internet Explorer - Import Bookmarks from Firefox in Windows 10

How to Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Internet Explorer in Windows 10

Internet Explorer - Import Bookmarks from Firefox in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as favorites in Internet Explorer. The favorites bar is a toolbar in Internet Explorer that you can also add your favorite websites you visit frequently on to make opening them faster and more convenient.

This tutorial will show you how to import bookmarks from Internet Explorer favorites for your account in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open Mozilla Firefox.

2. In Firefox, click/tap on the Show your bookmarks icon (Ctrl+Shift+B), and click/tap on Show All Bookmarks. (see screenshot below)

3. In the Library, select All Bookmarks in the left pane, click on the Import and Backup toolbar button, then click/tap on Export Bookmarks to HTML. (see screenshot below)

4. Browse to where (ex: Desktop) you want to export a copy of your Firefox bookmarks to as an .html file, and click/tap on Save. (see screenshot below)

5. You can now close the Firefox Library and Firefox if you like.

6. Open Internet Explorer.

7. In Internet Explorer, click/tap on File (menu bar), and click/tap on Import and export. (see screenshot below)

8. Select (dot) Import from a file, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

9. Check Favorites, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

10. Click/tap on Browse. (see screenshot below)

11. Browse to and select the exported Firefox bookmarks .html file from step 4 above, and click/tap on Open. (see screenshot below)

12. Click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

13. Click/tap on Import. (see screenshot below)

14. Click/tap on Finish. (see screenshot below)

15. Your Firefox bookmarks have now been imported into your Internet Explorer favorites.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Oct 12, 2016
  2. nsmth Win User

importing firefox bookmarks to edge

The only browser that shows up in Edge to import bookmarks from is Internet Explorer. I also have Firefox and Chrome installed but neither shows on the import list. Anxious to try Edge but will continue using Firefox until I can import bookmarks.

nsmth, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Don Varnau, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Internet Explorer - Import Bookmarks from Firefox in Windows 10

To import bookmarks from Firefox (or Chrome) to Microsoft Edge, you will have to use Internet Explorer:

• Open the web browser you wish to export bookmarks from, and export your bookmarks to an HTML file.
      • In Firefox, press [Ctrl]+[Shift]+, click Import and Backup ->
        Export Bookmarks to HTML...
        [*]In Chrome, press [Ctrl]+[Shift]+[O], click Organize ->
        Export bookmarks to HTML file...

[*]Close Firefox/Chrome.
      [*]Open Internet Explorer (click Start, type "iexplore", and press [Enter]).

[*]Press [Alt]+[C], click the dropdown next to "Add to favorites", and click
      Import and export...

[*]Choose Import from a file and click [Next].
      [*]Follow the wizard and point it to the HTML file you saved in step 1.
      [*]Close Internet Explorer and open Microsoft Edge.
      [*]Click the Hub (three lines) toolbar icon and click the (dim)
      Import favorites link.
      [*]Choose to import your favorites from Internet Explorer, and click [Import].

That said, at this time my recommendation would be to stay with Firefox unless you're having problems with it stuttering/freezing on script intensive sites like Amazon. Firefox is currently the worlds fastest web browser (scoring just above Chrome but
    about twice as high as Edge according to
    FutureMark), and it supports more technologies than Edge. And if Microsoft's past record on security with IE continues, Firefox is a much safer choice too. Mozilla usually
    patches most zero-day vulnerabilities in days after discovery compared to Microsoft's historical months or even years. Not to mention that Firefox uses ClearType font rendering which is easier to read (if tuned correctly—Search -> "clear" -> click
    Adjust ClearType text) and is less choppy looking than Edge's Windows 9x/ME grayscale anti-aliasing font rendering.

Techie007L, Oct 26, 2019
  5. sbudaj Win User

My workaround for this was to import the bookmarks to Internet Explorer (from Firefox) then to import them to Edge. It worked.

sbudaj, Oct 26, 2019
  6. importing firefox bookmarks to edge

Firefox is not listed in the browsers to import bookmarks from. How can I import bookmarks from Firefox? I have quite a few and if I cannot import to Edge, I will just stick with Firefox

edschilling, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Internet Explorer - Import Bookmarks from Firefox in Windows 10

1. Internet Explorer - Import Bookmarks from Firefox in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer Import

2. How to import bookmarks from html to Internet Explorer using Window 10

in Browsers and Email
    How to import bookmarks from html to Internet Explorer using Window 10: The import and export functions in Internet Explorer seems to have been removed. NEVER MIND. I FOUND THE SOLUTION. 39237
  3. How import bookmark firefox on edge ?

in Browsers and Email
    How import bookmark firefox on edge ?: Please a read different web page but no find solution to import bookmark from firefox on edge Thnak Hispa 13234
  4. Importing Bookmarks from Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Importing Bookmarks from Firefox: Hi I am trying to import my Firefox bookmarks from my old computer into Windows 10, I have looked an some earlier forum discussions but cannot get them to move over. I have downloaded them into an HTML file on a USB stick, can I input from this anyway? 46615
  5. Migrating / importing passwords from Firefox to Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Migrating / importing passwords from Firefox to Internet Explorer 11: Since upgrading to Win 10 and then to v.1607, Firefox started causing innumerable crashes that Windows wouldn't recover from without a lot of re-booting. I thought it was Kaspersky at first, but since switching from FF to IE11, so far all is OK again. The big problem is the...
  6. Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Chrome in Windows: How to: Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Chrome in Windows How to Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Chrome in Windows [img] Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Chrome. The bookmarks bar is a toolbar in...
  7. Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox in Windows: How to: Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox in Windows How to Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox in Windows [img] Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Firefox. The bookmarks bar is a toolbar in...
  8. Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...
  9. Import and Export Bookmarks as HTML in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import and Export Bookmarks as HTML in Firefox: How to: Import and Export Bookmarks as HTML in Firefox How to Import and Export Bookmarks via HTML in Firefox [img] Information This tutorial will show you how to easily export and import your bookmarks in the Mozilla Firefox web browser using HTML files. As well...
  10. Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Firefox in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Firefox in Windows 10: How to: Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Firefox in Windows 10 How to Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Firefox in Windows 10 [img] Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Firefox. The...