Windows 10: Latest Creator Update and Display Issue

Discus and support Latest Creator Update and Display Issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Using an HP all-in-one with 23" display.Just installed the new Creators update and lost my personalized display settings. The display setting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sylvan, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Sylvan Win User

Latest Creator Update and Display Issue

Hello,

Using an HP all-in-one with 23" display.Just installed the new Creators update and lost my personalized display settings. The display setting under Scale and Layout shows the correct percentage as before (I set it at 150%); however, I cannot see where to access text size and bold features that used to be under Advanced Display Settings. I could set the font to a personalized setting and see the effects in menus, titles, etc. May I ask your help in this matter?

Many thx......

:)

Sylvan, Apr 14, 2017
  2. Josef Bri Win User

Cursor lagging on my desktop

Thanks for your reply Charlie. You may try checking with the display adapter manufacturer as they have the latest updated display driver for the new Windows Creators update. The display driver you have before might not be compatible with the new Windows
    Creators update.

Don't hesitate to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Josef Bri, Apr 14, 2017
  3. 2nd Monitor stopped working today.. Windows 10, works fine in Ubuntu.

Did the issue start after instaling the Windows 10 Creators Update? If so, it is possible that it is caused by the display adapter driver update. You can try to download and install the latest display adpater driver from the device manufacturer's support
    page.

Let us know if you have other concern.

Kerwin Lee, Apr 14, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 14, 2017
  5. Sylvan Win User
    Thank you, Brink. I will give it a shot.

1. Is there a single piece of software - some kind of Windows Tweak Tool - that will make all these changes easier to apply? I think I already know the answer but perhaps you know of something like this being developed. It seems so very strange (to me it appears shortsighted and curiously unfriendly) that the latest build of Windows would omit this in Display settings.
    2. Correct me, but the reg. downloads that you suggest should now be stored on my computer in case some update/quirk erases my personalized display settings yet again. Without your help how are people supposed to know how to make such display changes?

Thanks again for your quick reply.

Sylvan, Apr 14, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Personally, I don't like using 3rd party programs if able. Some of those all-in-one tweaking programs can cause issues if not careful with them.

Brink, Apr 14, 2017
  7. Sylvan Win User
    Yes, the reg. downloads seemed to have worked fine. Maybe it's psychological but in my previous display set up I had text, menu, etc. all set at 11 Bold. Now to achieve what appears to be the same size I had to use 16 Bold. Deus ex machina.

Again, thx. Perhaps someone else can learn from our exchange.

Sylvan, Apr 14, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Yeah, Microsoft has been working on improving text clarity on DPI scaling, and it appears a higher pixel than before is needed.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Latest Creator Update and Display Issue - Similar Threads - Latest Creator Update

2. Display Issue after latest win10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Issue after latest win10 update: Hello.I have been using 3 displays for a while now, but after the latest windows 10 updates updated while i was asleep, one of my displays have started turning on and off with a intervall of 0,5 sec.I have tried disconnecting it from the computer, and ive tried turning it off...
  3. Display Issue after latest win10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Issue after latest win10 update: Hello.I have been using 3 displays for a while now, but after the latest windows 10 updates updated while i was asleep, one of my displays have started turning on and off with a intervall of 0,5 sec.I have tried disconnecting it from the computer, and ive tried turning it off...
  4. Display Issues after Latest Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Issues after Latest Update: I just updated to 20H1 19043.1023 today and sometimes the search box appears as below on several PCs. Also, the desktop icons are no longer highlighted with a black edge when displaying against a white background: Are these bugs? 180026
  5. Chrome Issues With Creators Update.

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Issues With Creators Update.: Just an FYI, since several users are posting about these issues on the Google Chrome help forum: Issue #1: After installing the Creators Update, my extension icons mysteriously disappeared and Chrome would lock up if I tried to install/uninstall/reinstall any extension....
  6. Creator Update and HomeGroup Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creator Update and HomeGroup Issue: Prior to the update I had no issues: 4 computers connected via wireless to a New Netgear Router. Prior to update, all computers were recognized on the network and the Homegroup. 1) 3 computers see all on the network and Home Group and can access each other and can see...
  7. Latest update to Creators Edition Freezes....

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest update to Creators Edition Freezes....: Hi all Yesterday I downloaded the latest update for The Creators Edition but it failed twice with an error code 802....... Now when I go to settings to try again, my system hangs when I click on update and security. None of the options to reset or restore will work either....
  8. Creators updates new issues.

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators updates new issues.: Okay so here are some issues I have encountered. I'am getting the "Session "Microsoft.Windows.UniversalNotificationPlatform" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022" error which is being caused by Windows Update and Privacy settings. I could uninstall it but...
  9. W10 Creator - display issue

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Creator - display issue: I was having network issues with Creator so I rolled back. still no problems with 1607. I decided to clean install on a spare disk. All loaded except I can't seen any program windows. When I open a program it appears on the taskbar but I can't open its window. The display...
  10. Creator update issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Creator update issues: I had original installed creator update in VM and the update went fine. So i did an install on actual hardware the update didn't go fine. Upon first boot up I noticed all the icons i had pinned on startmenu were corrupt, so I rebooted system when system was back up, all...