Windows 10: Left bar of search missing in Windows 10, how do I get it?

Discus and support Left bar of search missing in Windows 10, how do I get it? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ck-pasta [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ck-pasta, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Left bar of search missing in Windows 10, how do I get it?

/u/ck-pasta, Oct 29, 2019
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Turn On or Off Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge for Current User in Microsoft Edge Settings

How to Enable or Disable Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web.

As you type in the address bar of Microsoft Edge, search suggestions appear in the address bar drop-down list by default.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable search suggestions in the Address bar of Microsoft Edge for your account or all users in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge for Current User in Microsoft Edge Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge for Current User using a REG file
    • Option Three: Enable or Disable Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge for All Users in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Four: Enable or Disable Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge for All Users using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge enabled and disabled

Left bar of search missing in Windows 10, how do I get it? [​IMG]

OPTION ONE
    Turn On or Off Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge for Current User in Microsoft Edge Settings
    1. Open Microsoft Edge.

2. Click/tap on the Settings and more (Alt+X) button (3 dots), and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on Privacy & security on the left side, and turn on or off (default) Show search and site suggestions as a I type for what you want under Privacy on the right side. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO
    Turn On or Off Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge for Current User using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

Code:
    ShowSearchSuggestionsGlobal DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you want.

2. To Turn On Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge for Current User
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_Show_search_and_site_suggestions_as_I_type_in_Microsoft_Edge_address_bar.reg

3. To Turn Off Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge for Current User
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_Show_search_and_site_suggestions_as_I_type_in_Microsoft_Edge_address_bar.reg

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If Microsoft Edge is currently open, then close and reopen the browser to apply.

8. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

OPTION THREE
    Enable or Disable Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge for All Users in Local Group Policy Editor

*note You must be signed in as an administrator to do this option.

*note If this policy is enabled or disabled, it will override Option One and Option Two for all users.

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option FOUR below.

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Microsoft Edge

3. In the right pane of Microsoft Edge in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Configure search suggestions in Address bar policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (not configured), step 6 (disable), step 7 (enable) below for what you want.

5. To Not Configure Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge for All Users
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured, click/tap on OK, and go to step 8 below. (see screenshot below)

6. To Disable Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge for All Users
    A) Select (dot) Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 8 below. (see screenshot below)

7. To Always Enable Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge for All Users
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 8 below. (see screenshot below)

8. You can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

9. If Microsoft Edge is currently open, then close and reopen the browser to apply.

OPTION FOUR
    Enable or Disable Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge for All Users using a REG file

*note You must be signed in as an administrator to do this option.

*note If this policy is enabled or disabled, it will override Option One and Option Two for all users.

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftEdge\SearchScopes

ShowSearchSuggestionsGlobal DWORD

delete = Not Configured (default)
    0 = Disable
    1 = Enable

1. Do step 2 (not configured), step 3 (disable), step 4 (enable) below for what you want.

2. To Not Configure Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge for All Users
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Default_Not_configured_Microsoft_Edge_search_suggestions.reg

3. To Disable Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge for All Users
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Disable_Microsoft_Edge_search_suggestions.reg

4. To Always Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge for All Users

Always_enable_Microsoft_Edge_search_suggestions.reg

5. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

6. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

7. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

8. If Microsoft Edge is currently open, then close and reopen the browser to apply.

9. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Left bar of search missing in Windows 10, how do I get it?

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Left bar of search missing in Windows 10, how do I get it?

1. Left bar of search missing in Windows 10, how do I get it? - Similar Threads - Left bar search

2. How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...: hello, I am trying to have Google Chrome as my default browser for everything, I currently see that Edge Deflector and Nomoreedge no longer works, is there a settings way to ensure that my search bar will go to Google Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge? how can I ensure that I...
  3. How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...: hello, I am trying to have Google Chrome as my default browser for everything, I currently see that Edge Deflector and Nomoreedge no longer works, is there a settings way to ensure that my search bar will go to Google Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge? how can I ensure that I...
  4. How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to align text to the left on Windows search bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to align text to the left on Windows search bar?: I dont remember what I pressed but for some reason the text on the windows search bar is now aligned on the right. Could anyone please tell me how to align it back to the left?...
  6. How to align text to the left on Windows search bar?

How to align text to the left on Windows search bar?: I dont remember what I pressed but for some reason the text on the windows search bar is now aligned on the right. Could anyone please tell me how to align it back to the left?...
  7. How do I get rid of the image in the search bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of the image in the search bar?: Hello, how do I remove this image in the search bar that appeared recently? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-image-in-the-search-bar/ed3d1ef7-6055-4700-9270-63ceca263618
  8. How do I get rid of the image in the search bar?

How do I get rid of the image in the search bar?: Hello, how do I remove this image in the search bar that appeared recently? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-image-in-the-search-bar/ed3d1ef7-6055-4700-9270-63ceca263618
  9. How do I get rid of the image in the search bar?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. How do I get internet search back in the task bar search?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get internet search back in the task bar search?: It seems to have completely disappeared. I use it quite often, and would like to know what setting I'm not seeing. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-internet-search-back-in-the-task-bar/33e22c3f-6afa-46b9-83cc-1632484393c0