Windows 10: Local account to Microsoft account: Swap motherboard & keep win 10?

Discus and support Local account to Microsoft account: Swap motherboard & keep win 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm on 1909 with pro N retail installed. Also when does the microsoft media creation tool update to version 2004 files? 156494 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sgtsixpack, May 16, 2020.

1. Local account to Microsoft account: Swap motherboard & keep win 10?

I'm on 1909 with pro N retail installed.

Also when does the microsoft media creation tool update to version 2004 files?

:)

sgtsixpack, May 16, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Local account to Microsoft account: Swap motherboard & keep win 10? :(

Zakin, May 16, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Just simply log in with your Microsoft Account.
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Just go back to using a local account:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Hopefully the tutorials are step by step enough.

NavyLCDR, May 16, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Local account to Microsoft account: Swap motherboard & keep win 10?

Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

Local account to Microsoft account: Swap motherboard & keep win 10? [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

Thema:

Local account to Microsoft account: Swap motherboard & keep win 10?

1. Local account to Microsoft account: Swap motherboard & keep win 10? - Similar Threads - Local account Microsoft

2. Local account to Microsoft account: Swap motherboard & keep win 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Local account to Microsoft account: Swap motherboard & keep win 10?: I'm on 1909 with pro N retail installed. Also when does the microsoft media creation tool update to version 2004 files? 156494
  3. Local and Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local and Microsoft Account: First time using this and I normally can fix issues quite easily but this one has me stumped I have windows 10 and started with a local account using my Hotmail email address. Lets Call it the Neil local account. Later on in the year I then set up a Microsoft family...
  4. Local account converted to Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local account converted to Microsoft account: I just signed up for office 365 family. the PC was set up with a local account which I used to sign on. Say user name is guest and password is ######. I opened I opened office.com sign in and started using office apps. Now my local logon is attached to my Microsoft...
  5. Linking local account to Microsoft account on Win Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Linking local account to Microsoft account on Win Pro: Hi, just installed new PC and have following issue: - I do not see option on account tab to link my local account to Microsoft account ("sing in with Microsoft Account instead") - As note - I can add Microsoft accounts of family members including me. - I also do not see...
  6. Microsoft account or local account ?

Microsoft account or local account ?: Because i am keep getting microsoft account problem every day, i am planning to start login with local account instead microsoft account. Before i change to local account i would like to ask some question here. 1. What windows feature will be lost if i am not using mc...
  7. Microsoft account or local account ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft account or local account ?: Because i am keep getting microsoft account problem every day, i am planning to start login with local account instead microsoft account. Before i change to local account i would like to ask some question here. 1. What windows feature will be lost if i am not using mc...
  8. Local Account Win 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local Account Win 10: How to reset local account for Windows 10. I need help plz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-account-win-10/39739274-b704-4a44-8738-dc8776e317dc"
  9. Local and Microsoft account

Local and Microsoft account: Can you have a different name for the local and Microsoft account? 91688
  10. local account/Microsoft account

local account/Microsoft account: I have been using Windows 10 for about a week. I set up two accounts - one administrator, the other regular user. When attempting to update Windows 10, I got a message saying because I did not login a Microsoft account, some updates couldn't be downloaded. So, I had to create...