Windows 10: Local account to Microsoft account: Swap motherboard & keep win 10?

Discus and support Local account to Microsoft account: Swap motherboard & keep win 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm on 1909 with pro N retail installed. Also when does the microsoft media creation tool update to version 2004 files? 156494 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sgtsixpack, May 16, 2020.

1. Local account to Microsoft account: Swap motherboard & keep win 10?

I'm on 1909 with pro N retail installed.

Also when does the microsoft media creation tool update to version 2004 files?

:)

sgtsixpack, May 16, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Local account to Microsoft account: Swap motherboard & keep win 10? :(

Zakin, May 16, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Just simply log in with your Microsoft Account.
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Just go back to using a local account:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Hopefully the tutorials are step by step enough.

NavyLCDR, May 16, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Local account to Microsoft account: Swap motherboard & keep win 10?

Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

Local account to Microsoft account: Swap motherboard & keep win 10? [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

Thema:

Local account to Microsoft account: Swap motherboard & keep win 10?

1. Local account to Microsoft account: Swap motherboard & keep win 10? - Similar Threads - Local account Microsoft

2. Windows 10 will not activate after motherboard/cpu swap - computer is in microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 will not activate after motherboard/cpu swap - computer is in microsoft account: I did not reinstall or change my Mass Storage Devices. So I have the exact same OS installed with the same Microsoft account signed in. hookinh up old motherboard and processor again reactivates it The system will not activate windows even after fallowing the automated help...
  3. Windows 10 will not activate after motherboard/cpu swap - computer is in microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not activate after motherboard/cpu swap - computer is in microsoft account: I did not reinstall or change my Mass Storage Devices. So I have the exact same OS installed with the same Microsoft account signed in. hookinh up old motherboard and processor again reactivates it The system will not activate windows even after fallowing the automated help...
  4. win 10 local account password vs microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 10 local account password vs microsoft account: Why, if we use microsoft account signin does windows 10 not update the local account to use the same password? For example, say you setup your new computer with a password, then after first login you decide to configure login with your microsoft account. The old local account...
  5. win 10 local account password vs microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 10 local account password vs microsoft account: Why, if we use microsoft account signin does windows 10 not update the local account to use the same password? For example, say you setup your new computer with a password, then after first login you decide to configure login with your microsoft account. The old local account...
  6. win 10 local account password vs microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. upgrade win 10 home local account to win 10 pro, with local account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgrade win 10 home local account to win 10 pro, with local account.: I would like to know what options are available for upgrading my Win 10 Home, with local account, to Win 10 Pro, also with local account,. I'm looking for instructions that are suitable for the device remaining as a local account. Changing the device from a local account...
  8. Local account to Microsoft account: Swap motherboard & keep win 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Local account to Microsoft account: Swap motherboard & keep win 10?: I'm on 1909 with pro N retail installed. Also when does the microsoft media creation tool update to version 2004 files? 156494
  9. Linking local account to Microsoft account on Win Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Linking local account to Microsoft account on Win Pro: Hi, just installed new PC and have following issue: - I do not see option on account tab to link my local account to Microsoft account ("sing in with Microsoft Account instead") - As note - I can add Microsoft accounts of family members including me. - I also do not see...
  10. Local Account Win 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local Account Win 10: How to reset local account for Windows 10. I need help plz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-account-win-10/39739274-b704-4a44-8738-dc8776e317dc"