Windows 10: No audio problem with GameDVR in Xbox App on Windows 10

Discus and support No audio problem with GameDVR in Xbox App on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello everyone, how are you? *Smile I don't think only I have this problem with GameDVR, but I have to ask if anyone knows how to fix it. So, whenever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by srdjan1995, Jul 15, 2015.

1. No audio problem with GameDVR in Xbox App on Windows 10

Hello everyone, how are you? *Smile I don't think only I have this problem with GameDVR, but I have to ask if anyone knows how to fix it. So, whenever i record a gameplay with GameDVR on my Windows 10, there is no sound in video. Anyone had that problem and solved it? I have sound recording enabled in GameDVR settings. No matter what game I've tried, after recording, there is no sound in video (if I check details of video, I can see audio isn't even recorded, and I don't know why). Please, if anyone knows how to fix it, help me. Thank you.

:)

srdjan1995, Jul 15, 2015

2. Broadcast DVR Server (bcastdvr.exe) RAM Hog

I just discovered the same problem on my Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10. I realized that GameDVR on the XBOX app could be causing problems.

I opened the XBOX app, clicked Settings->GameDVR->Background recording, and disabled continuous background recording.

I'm not having the problem anymore!

cubanquixote, Jul 15, 2015
  3. AlkmstA Win User
    Broadcast DVR Server (bcastdvr.exe) RAM Hog

This fixed my problem! Good looking out!

I had used DVR to record myself using MS Edge, and background recording was on.

AlkmstA, Jul 15, 2015
  4. No audio problem with GameDVR in Xbox App on Windows 10

I've managed to fix the issue after some time messing with audio settings on my PC. Here is a screenshot of what I did. *Smile It seems that GameDVR can record only some of the 16 bit formats, but not 24 bit.

No audio problem with GameDVR in Xbox App on Windows 10 [​IMG]

srdjan1995, Jul 17, 2015
  5. Frum Win User
    And what exactly did you do to solve that problem?

Frum, Aug 1, 2015
  6. Went to sound settings in control panel, clicked on Speakers, then properties, and in Advanced tab changed from 24 bit, 96000 Hz to 16 bit, 48000 Hz quality. Then, i opened Realtek HD Audio Manager and changed from 5.1 system to stereo. Now I have audio after recording with GameDVR.

srdjan1995, Aug 1, 2015
  7. So to get sound to work in xbox gameDVR i have to "DOWNGRADE" my 5.1 / 7.1 sound system to stereo?

ComedyCarnage, Aug 1, 2015
  8. Frum Win User

No audio problem with GameDVR in Xbox App on Windows 10

Looks like you are both correct will only record in stereo.......... thanks for the info

Frum, Aug 1, 2015
  9. For now, yeah. It's not such a big deal anyway. Most important thing is that there is a way to record audio. Microsoft/Xbox will fix that for sure.

You're welcome. It was a bit hard to find this solution, but I've playing with the settings on my PC and managed to find the fix for it. Don't worry, I already reported this to Xbox team on their live chat support, so I guess they should fix this in one of the upcoming updates for the Xbox App. *Smile
    I've also reported some other issues with Xbox App and GameDVR, and also gave a few suggestions on what they should add to the Xbox App. *Smile

srdjan1995, Aug 1, 2015
  10. i use a dedicated sound card the sound blaster zx. i dont know how to make it stereo all i know is thats its 5.1-7.1.

The3rdWhitedude, Aug 6, 2015
  11. After you installed drivers for your sound card, did you get some sort of control panel for it? If you did, then open it, and there you will have option to choose do you want stereo, quadrophonic, 5.1 or 7.1 sound system on your PC. If not, then go to control panel and search for "sound" there. When you open it, go to playback tab, and in there you will speakers and every audio thing you have attached on your PC. Right click on speakers, choose "configure speakers" and there click on stereo. After that, problem is solved.

srdjan1995, Aug 7, 2015
  12. So it is now mid June 2016 and there has been no updates to this issue. IMHO it will never be fixed. Oh well, OBS, MSI, Logitech, and even Razor have better recording apps than Microsoft. I'm sad. I remember when Microsoft used to be 200x better at software.

jlewis1622, Jun 16, 2016
  13. No audio problem with GameDVR in Xbox App on Windows 10

It seems in the Anniversary Update with the most recent version of the Xbox app, recording game audio at 48Khz seems to be solved.

teamkoolbox, Aug 1, 2016
  14. Massacher Win User
    Not acceptable.

Massacher, Aug 12, 2016
  15. lonely188 Win User
    So I just saw that the Windows 10 Anniversary update added 60 FPS option to the Game DVR. I also then tested recording while having my 5.1 audio turned on, and the videos had sound! I even had 24Bits, 96000 Hz audio quality set too. Glad Microsoft could get this added/fixed (wish it hadn't taken a year though!)

If you don't have the update yet, you can force it to install here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

No audio problem with GameDVR in Xbox App on Windows 10 [​IMG]

lonely188, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No audio problem with GameDVR in Xbox App on Windows 10

1. No audio problem with GameDVR in Xbox App on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - audio problem GameDVR

2. No audio in xbox app and minecraft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio in xbox app and minecraft: since recent I don't have any audio in the xbox app and minecraft they also don't show up in my audio manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-in-xbox-app-and-minecraft/8ddc3ff8-746d-4130-9809-3bfb6d71b034
  3. Xbox App Windows Hello Problem

Xbox App Windows Hello Problem: Hello there! I am having a problem with Xbox sign-in right now. I am trying to use my Outlook account, but it is shown that I am forced to sign in with Windows Hello, and I need a PIN. Due to the fact that the account I am setting up Xbox with is not a personal PC account, I...
  4. XBox App inputs audio through microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBox App inputs audio through microphone: Long story short, the XBox app for win10 puts all audio through my microphone causing a feedback loop. Whenever my friends talk on xbox app, it's sent back through my microphone. I don't know why....
  5. Xbox one elite controller audio problem in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox one elite controller audio problem in windows 10: I have an elite controller that I use on both my Xbox One X and PC running Windows 10. I use headphones with it by plugging directly into the 3.5mm jack (no adapter) and it has been working just fine until recently. I found that I have no audio when using the controller on my...
  6. Problem With Minecraft Windows 10 and Xbox app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem With Minecraft Windows 10 and Xbox app.: Lately, I've been trying to play some Minecraft/use the Xbox app, but it just keeps loading, and loading, and it doesn't stop, then an error pops up, it starts loading again, and that cycle just starts over, and again, and again. I don't know why this is happening....
  7. Windows 10 Audio Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Audio Problem: This has been annoying me for a couple of days, I've tried so many things but none of them have worked. Basically, I don't know what I did but one day the audio bar had a red x on it, so I uninstalled the Realtek driver and re-installed it. My audio hasn't been working...
  8. GameDVR and Broadcast User Service_bee37

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GameDVR and Broadcast User Service_bee37: Windows 10 Pro Ver 1803 Build 17134.165 I have a Windows 10 service that is constantly taking up more and more RAM. C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k BcastDVRUserService -s BcastDVRUserService HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\BcastDVRUserService_8a532 It says the...
  9. GameDVR not recording audio

GameDVR not recording audio: Windows 10's GameDVR looks very promising, and other than this issue I've been having, works really well. For some reason, it is not recording any audio at all. I'd like to to record both in-game audio as well as my microphone, but it only records the video. I have audio...
  10. How to Manage Audio Settings in Windows 10 Xbox App

How to Manage Audio Settings in Windows 10 Xbox App: Hi, I enjoy talking to friends through Xbox Live, but I recently sold my Xbox One for financial reasons. I have been using the Xbox App to communicate with them using Party Chat. It's fun to sometimes play soft music through the microphone just to have in the background...