Windows 10: Turn On or Off Auto Copy to Clipboard for Snip & Sketch in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Auto Copy to Clipboard for Snip & Sketch in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Auto Copy to Clipboard for Snip & Sketch in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Auto Copy to Clipboard for Snip & Sketch app in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, May 16, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Turn On or Off Auto Copy to Clipboard for Snip & Sketch in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Auto Copy to Clipboard for Snip & Sketch in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Auto Copy to Clipboard for Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10

The Snip & Sketch app included in Windows 10 allows you to quickly annotate screenshots, photos and other images with your pen, touch, or mouse and save, paste or share with other apps.

When you are annotating a snip in the Snip & Sketch app, the snip will auto copy to the clipboard by default to keep the clipboard updated.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off auto copy to clipboard when annotating a snip in the Snip & Sketch app for your account in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open the Snip & Sketch app.

2. Click/tap on the See more (3 dots) button at the top right, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

Turn On or Off Auto Copy to Clipboard for Snip & Sketch in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. Turn on (default) or off Auto copy to clipboard for what you want. (see screenshot below)

Turn On or Off Auto Copy to Clipboard for Snip & Sketch in Windows 10 [​IMG]

4. You can now close the Snip & Sketch app if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, May 16, 2018

2. Snip & Sketch overrides clipboard

I configured my Snip & Sketch app so that snips will not automatically copied. But they are always copied automatically to the clipboard. I did the troubleshooting
    steps such as computer rebooting but all in vain

BalakrishnaTurnerish, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Amanda__W Win User
    Snip & Sketch keeps overriding clipboard

I have my Snip & Sketch app configured to NOT automatically copy snips to the clipboard, but it keeps copying them automatically to the clipboard. I have rebooted the computer, but the issue persists. I would like this app to not automatically override my
    clipboard with new snips.

Thank you.

***Moved from Windows 10 / Windows Settings category***

Amanda__W, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Auto Copy to Clipboard for Snip & Sketch in Windows 10

Snip & Sketch - Auto Save to Specified Location

With the new "Snip & Sketch" tool, I can't find the option to set where snips are saved. If I take a snip, it simply copies it to the clipboard instead of saving it as an image.

* I do NOT want them copied to the clipboard. I have turned "Auto copy to clipboard" OFF but it still shows the "Snip saved to clipboard" window. This is a bug.

* When I take a snip, it does not save the snip to a file, so if I take multiple snips without manually saving each one, they're lost and only the latest one can be edited. I need to take multiple snips and have them saved to separate files automatically.

Where are these options?

Whimsical Seaplane, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Snip & Sketch keeps overriding clipboard

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with the Snip and Sketch app on Windows 10.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. Which version of Windows is running on your device?

Refer the article Which Windows operating system am I running to know about
    the information.

Here are the few steps you can try to fix the issue.

Method 1

Refer the article Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    and try the suggested steps and check if the issue still persists. If the issue still persists try with the method 2.

Method 2

Reset Snip & Sketch app

1. Press Windows + I key and click on
      Apps
    2. Click on Apps & features. Select Sketch & Snip app from the available list of installed apps.
    3. Click on Snip & Sketch > Advanced Options.
    4. Click on Reset option.
    5. Restart the computer once and check the status of the issue.
    6. Let us know if the issue still persists.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Forums

Muralidhar_G, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
Thema:

Turn On or Off Auto Copy to Clipboard for Snip & Sketch in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off Auto Copy to Clipboard for Snip & Sketch in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Auto

2. Snipping tool can't auto copy to clipboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool can't auto copy to clipboard: My snipping tool always went wrong recently.To be descriptive, sometimes it can't save my image to the clipboard when I use the rectangular and freeform mode, but the window and fullscreen mode works fine.I've already tried to reinstall snipping tool or fix it in my settings....
  3. Snipping tool can't auto copy to clipboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping tool can't auto copy to clipboard: My snipping tool always went wrong recently.To be descriptive, sometimes it can't save my image to the clipboard when I use the rectangular and freeform mode, but the window and fullscreen mode works fine.I've already tried to reinstall snipping tool or fix it in my settings....
  4. Snip & sketch does not copy to clipboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip & sketch does not copy to clipboard: Windows 10 Pro X64 20H2. The snip & sketch runs shft-Win-S and I can select an area, but it does not copy to the clipboard. A "Print SCRN" copies the entire screen to the clipboard as expected. I have: 1. Reset the application 2. uninstalled and reinstalled snip & sketch...
  5. Snip&Sketch doesn't copy to clipboard the first time.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snip&Sketch doesn't copy to clipboard the first time.: Is this a bug, and if so how do I fix it? The first time I snip it appears in the notification screen, but it doesn't copy to my clipboard. I have to snip a 2nd time for it to work. submitted by /u/lanc3r3000 [link] [comments]...
  6. Snip & Sketch bug cannot turn off auto copy to clipboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snip & Sketch bug cannot turn off auto copy to clipboard: First off, I tend to use the Snip & Sketch app quite a bit, not the screen snip but the actual application. I usually use this as a image reference of something. Like for example, If i see a diagram in a article and want to reference it while Im reading through the article, I...
  7. Clipboard for Snip and sketch.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clipboard for Snip and sketch.: I want to select the picture I saved in clipboard for Snip and sketch. Where is the clipboard for snip and sketch located? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clipboard-for-snip-and-sketch/e22dab45-4055-496f-b9cf-fe7c943f4e5f
  8. Turn On or Off Ask to Save Snip in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Ask to Save Snip in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Ask to Save Snip in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Ask to Save Snip before Closing Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10 The Snip & Sketch app included in Windows 10 allows you to quickly annotate screenshots, photos and other...
  9. Turn On or Off Snip Outline in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Snip Outline in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Snip Outline in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Snip Outline in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10 The Snip & Sketch app included in Windows 10 allows you to quickly annotate screenshots, photos and other images with your pen,...
  10. Take a Screen Snip with Snip & Sketch in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Take a Screen Snip with Snip & Sketch in Windows 10: How to: Take a Screen Snip with Snip & Sketch in Windows 10 How to Take a Screen Snip (Screenshot) with Snip & Sketch in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 17661, a new Screen Snip feature has been added to Windows 10 to be able to quickly snip and share a...