Windows 10: Remove Picture Password from your Account in Windows 10

Discus and support Remove Picture Password from your Account in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Remove Picture Password from your Account in Windows 10 How to Remove a Picture Password from your Account in Windows 10 [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cluster Head, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Remove Picture Password from your Account in Windows 10

How to: Remove Picture Password from your Account in Windows 10

How to Remove a Picture Password from your Account in Windows 10

Remove Picture Password from your Account in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information You can sign in to your PC with a picture password. You choose the picture and the three gestures you use with it to create a password that's uniquely yours. When you have chose a picture, you "draw" with the mouse, touchpad, or pin/finger on a touchscreen to create a combination of circles, straight lines, and taps. The size, position, and direction of your gestures become part of your picture password.

This tutorial will show you how to remove a picture password from your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Picture password on Sign-in screen

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.

2. Click/tap on Sign-in options on the left side, and click/tap on the Remove button under Picture password on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. Your picture password has now been removed as a sign-in option. You can now close Settings if you like. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Cluster Head, Jun 16, 2016
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Pyeti Win User
    password on windows removal

Offline Windows Password & Registry Editor

NT Password Reset will remove the password from your local administrator account (or any other account). Quite easy and straight forward to use.

Pyeti, Oct 26, 2019
  4. enso Win User

Remove Picture Password from your Account in Windows 10

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

5. Logon Screen Account Picture - Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade

Yes, I can view my account picture in Settings > Accounts.

It was functioning properly prior to the Anniversary Upgrade.

I was using the 'remove password login from Windows 10'.

When I run netplwiz and tick "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer" box, and reboot (thus requiring a password), the account picture displays.

After I manually log in, and run netplwiz and untick the "User must enter....." box, and enter my password and click the OK button; when I reboot/restart the computer the account picture does not display.

As mentioned previously, it worked before the Anniversary Upgrade (with the no password login).

The issue still persists.

orionstargate, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Isha Soni Win User
    Remove password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps on how to make your Local Account as Administrator Account.

Method 1:

To remove password from the User Account :

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Click on ‘Control panel’.
    • Select ‘User account’. (On which you want to disable password)
    • Click on Remove Passowrd and follow the instructions.

Method 2:

After removing password follow the below steps to disable password page from start up.

• Press ‘Windows + W’ key to search Apps.
    • Type keyword “netplwiz” in the search box
    • Open netplwiz window from search list.
    • On the user accounts page, uncheck the option
      “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”
      and click OK.
    • Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    If you want to change the Administrator account follow the steps.

• Login into your current Administrator Account.
    • Right click on Start button and select
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Account.
    • Select the option Manage another Account.
    • Select the Local Account.
    • Now select the option Change Account Type
      and select Administrator and click Change Account Type tab.

Try the above steps and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Remove Picture Password from your Account in Windows 10

1. Remove Picture Password from your Account in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Remove Picture Password

2. How to remove windows account picture

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to remove windows account picture: Somehow my Windows account was associated with Microsoft account and now it is showing a picture that I don't want.I switched back to local windows account, but local windows account still showing Microsoft account picture.I followed below steps to no avail:Change your...
  3. Will removing Windows account from windows removes the windows access password?

Will removing Windows account from windows removes the windows access password?: I have a PC that was previously used by a person named Polly. I need to enter password to enter windows. In settings page, I see it logged in as *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. If I remove this email account from settings, will it also remove the password for...
  4. Remove email account from windows 10 without password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove email account from windows 10 without password: How can I remove an email account under the Email & Accounts setting in Windows 10 if they email has been deactivited/removed by my previous organization? [ATTACH]...
  5. Remove a picture from 'Your Info'

Remove a picture from 'Your Info': Does anyone know how to remove a picture you previously uploaded/selected but don't want anymore under 'Your Info'? The picture I'm talking about is the one you'll see during login. I thought I would change my normal picture to another one but then changed my mind. Now I...
  6. Remove profile picture from account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove profile picture from account: Hello, I want to remove my previous profile picture from the records of my account (See picture, highlighted in red). How do I do this? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-profile-picture-from-account/33aa9c63-cf96-4b25-a0a5-ec45d98965b6
  7. Removing pictures from the "Your Info" page of Microsoft Account

Removing pictures from the "Your Info" page of Microsoft Account: When I use the "Remove Picture" tool from the Manage Your Account section, it removes the picture that is in use at that time, showing just the standard blank silhouette. However, the 2 pictures that are on the "Your Info" page stay there, and I want to completely remove them...
  8. Change Picture Password for your Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Picture Password for your Account in Windows 10: How to: Change Picture Password for your Account in Windows 10 How to Change Picture Password for your Account in Windows 10 [img] Information You can sign in to your PC with a picture password. You choose the picture and the three gestures you use with it to create a...
  9. Remove PIN from your Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove PIN from your Account in Windows 10: How to: Remove PIN from your Account in Windows 10 How to Remove PIN from your Account in Windows 10 Windows Hello in Windows 10 enables users to sign in to their device using a PIN (Personal Identification Number). You can use this PIN to sign in to Windows, apps, and...
  10. Add Picture Password to your Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Picture Password to your Account in Windows 10: How to: Add Picture Password to your Account in Windows 10 How to Add a Picture Password to your Account in Windows 10 [img] Information You can sign in to your PC with a picture password. You choose the picture and the three gestures you use with it to create a...