Windows 10: Reset Touch Keyboard Default Open Position in Windows 10

Discus and support Reset Touch Keyboard Default Open Position in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Reset Touch Keyboard Default Open Position in Windows 10 How to Reset Touch Keyboard Default Open Position in Windows 10 You can use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Reset Touch Keyboard Default Open Position in Windows 10

How to: Reset Touch Keyboard Default Open Position in Windows 10

How to Reset Touch Keyboard Default Open Position in Windows 10

You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external keyboard that you plug into your PC. Windows 10 includes a touch keyboard for PCs.

This tutorial will show you how to reset the open position on screen of the Touch Keyboard to default on the main display for your account in Windows 10.

*note This will not affect a docked Touch Keyboard.

EXAMPLE: Default open position of Touch Keyboard

Reset Touch Keyboard Default Open Position in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

*note The downloadable .reg file below will delete the DWORD values below in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\TabletTip\1.7

OptimizedKeyboardRelativeXPositionOnScreen DWORD value
    OptimizedKeyboardRelativeYPositionOnScreen DWORD value

1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below.
    Reset_Touch_Keyboard_open_position_on_screen_to_default.reg

Download
    2. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

3. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

4. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

5. sign in to apply.

6. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

7. The next time you open the Touch Keyboard, it should open at the default position on your main display.

Reset Touch Keyboard Default Open Position in Windows 10 [​IMG]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 23, 2017
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  3. buddy267 Win User
    Touch keyboard does not show up as default keyboard

Hi Stephen J. Mayer,

I had the same problem. The touch keyboard would not work any more. I had not changed anything other then updating windows 10. I found the solution to the problem Here Windows
    10 touch keyboard not popping up? Fix it!

"How to make the Windows 10 touch keyboard pop up automatically:
    • Press WinKey + R to pop up the “Run” menu and enter services.msc

Reset Touch Keyboard Default Open Position in Windows 10 open-services-windows-10.png

• Hit OK and you will reach the Services panel. There in the list, find Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service.
    • Right click and select Properties. In the General tab, change the Startup Type to Automatic or Automatic (Delayed Start). Either of those will do.
    • Now check if the keyboard pops up when you try to enter text.
    • If it does not, restart your computer and see if it works.
    • If it still does not, again go to the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service and open properties. This time, open the Dependencies tab and you will find a list of processes quoted as “The service depends on the following
      components”.
    • Now close the properties window and check the list of Services and make sure that the services mentioned above are either “Running” or in “Automatic” mode. If they are disabled, you should enable them.
    • Now again find the Touch Keyboard service and enable it as Automatic.
    • See if this works for you!"
    I hope this helps.

buddy267, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

Add the Touch Keyboard Icon to the Action Center

Hi Doug,

Adding the touch keyboard on the items in Action Center is currently not available in Windows 10. However, you can change the settings to automatically show the touch keyboard when you use the device in tablet mode. If you'd like to do this, you can
    follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Select Devices.
    • Go to Typing.
    • Under Touch keyboard settings, switch on Automatically show the touch keyboard in windowed apps when there’s no keyboard attached to your device.

If you want to provide a feedback or suggestion to Microsoft to have the touch keyboard available in Action Center, you can post it
    here.

Let us know if the suggestion above works for you.

Keep us posted.

Ruz San, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Windows 10 touch keyboard has stopped appearing

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

A quick question before we proceed:

What is the KB number of the update you have installed?

To know the KB numbers of the failing updates, follow the below steps:

• In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
      • In the left pane, click View update history.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to enable touch keyboard when there is no keyboard attached to the device.

• Press the Windows key
      or click on Start icon.

• Click on Settings.

• Click on Devices.
    • Click on Typing.
    • Scroll down and toggle on: Automatically show the touch keyboard in windowed apps when there's no keyboard attached
      to your device.

Method 2:

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

2. Open the Keyboard and close it (just to check if it’s working).

2. Next click on Action center and select Tablet Mode.

3. Once you are in Tablet mode, again Right click on the Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

5. Open the Key board and check if it’s working in Tablet mode. Next check if it’s available on the task bar in both desktop and tablet mode.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Aaron_Sum Win User
    Touch keyboard not working

Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

Please confirm the following things for me.

1. May I know the make and model of your system?
    2. Was there any major change on your system prior to which you were able to use the touch keyboard without any issues?

I would suggest you to check with the services again, there are a few dependency services that will need to be checked. Please follow the steps below.

1. Press the ‘Windows’ key and ‘R’ key together, this will open the ‘Run’ dialogue box.
    2. Type in ‘services.msc’ and press enter. This will open the ‘Services’ panel, in the list of services, find ‘Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service’.
    3. Right-click and select ‘Properties’. In the ‘General’ tab, change the ‘Startup type’ to ‘Automatic’ and click on ‘Start’.
    4. Click on the ‘Dependencies’ tab, expand the ‘Remote Procedure Call (RPC)’ and check the related services. You will find two services related to the ‘Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service’. Click on ‘Ok’, return to the ‘Services’
      window.
    5. Find the two services namely, ‘DCOM Server Process Launcher’ and ‘RPC Endpoint Mapper’. Start the services if they aren’t running and the ‘Startup type’ to automatic and click on ‘Ok’.
    6. Please check this link to ‘Open the touch keyboard’ and check if it works
      out for you.

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Reset Touch Keyboard Default Open Position in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reset Touch Keyboard

2. How to reset touch keyboard theme?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset touch keyboard theme?: Hi, I use Auto Dark Mode app to change my Windows theme accordingly to current time. And before I played with new touch keyboard settings, my keyboard was following global Windows theme dark theme - dark keyboard and vice versaAnd since dark and light keyboard themes are...
  3. How to reset touch keyboard theme?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset touch keyboard theme?: Hi, I use Auto Dark Mode app to change my Windows theme accordingly to current time. And before I played with new touch keyboard settings, my keyboard was following global Windows theme dark theme - dark keyboard and vice versaAnd since dark and light keyboard themes are...
  4. How to reset Touch Keyboard to default open position in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to reset Touch Keyboard to default open position in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If you do not like the current position and want to reset the Touch keyboard to the default position in Windows 11 or Windows 10, here is how you can do that. Although the OS doesn’t offer an option in Windows Settings, you can reset the Touch keyboard to the default...
  5. NOT OPENING EMOJI PANEL AND TOUCH KEYBOARD

in Windows 10 Customization
    NOT OPENING EMOJI PANEL AND TOUCH KEYBOARD: Hellow I have a problem with emoji panel and touch keyboard also it is not opening in my latest windows version preview v20H2 but it works in this version before resetting my pc when i press shortcut key "windows + ." so please help me my keyboard is set to English us and...
  6. Reset keyboard back to default

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reset keyboard back to default: I have a HP2020 laptop running Windows 10. My keyboard shortcut keys don't work properly, i.e. when I press the Windows Icon + various keys, nothing happens. How can I reset my keyboard back to the factory default ?...
  7. Windows 10 Touch Keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Touch Keyboard: So I bought a s****y new Windows 10 tablet with all kinds of bells and whistles. My only problem is that I apparently type too fast for the on screen keyboard. When you hold a letter, it comes up with some obscure charcters that nobody will ever realistically use, myself as...
  8. Reset Windows Photo Viewer Default Open Position and Size in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Windows Photo Viewer Default Open Position and Size in Windows: How to: Reset Windows Photo Viewer Default Open Position and Size in Windows How to Reset Default Open Position and Size of Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use Windows Photo Viewer to view your digital photos in a variety of ways. You can...
  9. Reset Notepad Default Open Position and Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Notepad Default Open Position and Size in Windows 10: How to: Reset Notepad Default Open Position and Size in Windows 10 How to Reset Default Open Position and Size of Notepad in Windows 10 Notepad is a simple text editor included in Windows and a basic text-editing program which enables computer users to create documents....
  10. Reset Windows Mobility Center Default Open Position in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Windows Mobility Center Default Open Position in Windows 10: How to: Reset Windows Mobility Center Default Open Position in Windows 10 How to Reset Default Open Position of Windows Mobility Center in Windows 10 If you use a Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop or tablet) that runs on a battery, you can access the most commonly used settings...