Windows 10: Reset Notepad Default Open Position and Size in Windows 10

Discus and support Reset Notepad Default Open Position and Size in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Reset Notepad Default Open Position and Size in Windows 10 How to Reset Default Open Position and Size of Notepad in Windows 10 Notepad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Reset Notepad Default Open Position and Size in Windows 10

How to: Reset Notepad Default Open Position and Size in Windows 10

How to Reset Default Open Position and Size of Notepad in Windows 10

Notepad is a simple text editor included in Windows and a basic text-editing program which enables computer users to create documents.

When you open Notepad for the first time, it'll open slightly off center on your main display. Afterwards, Notepad will open to the same position and size you last closed it as.

This tutorial will show you how to reset the open position and size of Notepad to default on the main display for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Notepad default position and size

Reset Notepad Default Open Position and Size in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1 Close Notepad if open.

2 Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .bat file below.

This .bat file deletes the DWORD values in the registry key below that resets the open position and size of Notepad back to default.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Notepad

DWORD values:

iWindowPosDX
    iWindowPosDY
    iWindowPosX
    iWindowPosY

If you like, you could place this .bat file in your Startup folder to always have the position and size of Notepad reset to default everytime you sign in to your account.

Reset_Notepad_Open_Position_and_Size.bat

Download
    3 Save the .bat file to your desktop.

4 Unblock the .bat file.

5 Double click/tap on the downloaded .bat file to run it.

6 When you open Notepad next, it'll open with its default size and position on your main display.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 14, 2017
  2. MikeMecanic, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Polo6RGTI Win User
    Polo6RGTI, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Windows 10 - Folder Size & Position resets to last Open Folder

I cannot find a setting in the Folder settings where I can set my folder size, type, position to be unique from other folders. When I close one folder and then open another the new folder inherits the same size and position of the last open folder.

Is there a way to change this?

The icon settings for each folder are saving properly. So if I want to see a list of files in one folder but have large icons in other folder there is no problem.

So this question is limited JUST to the size and position of the folder when its opened. Seems like XP had a setting where each folder could have its own unique position and size. Does Windows 10 have the same options? If not why not?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

IBBeachBum, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Reset Notepad Position

If post #10 1st pic is the bug you have?

Right click on Notepad title bar or any title bar to see move and size. When done, Notepad will always open at the same place.

Right click Notepad on the taskbar with shift key is another ball game. For the rest, maybe you have changed something in Notepad properties?

MikeMecanic, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Reset Notepad Default Open Position and Size in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reset Notepad Default

2. How to reset windows size and position?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset windows size and position?: Let's say that, for example, i open the block notes and i move it on the top right angle, then i change the size of this window increasing it. Now i close it and reopen it and i'll find it in the same position with the same size.How can i reset this thing for every window on...
  3. How to reset windows size and position?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset windows size and position?: Let's say that, for example, i open the block notes and i move it on the top right angle, then i change the size of this window increasing it. Now i close it and reopen it and i'll find it in the same position with the same size.How can i reset this thing for every window on...
  4. Is there any limit of size of windows default notepad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any limit of size of windows default notepad?: I've seen article suggesting it's 1GB, 2GB or 32MB or even 54KB. I'm actually confused since I'm using windows 10, which is not guaranteed compared with windows 11's notepad...
  5. How to reset Touch Keyboard to default open position in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to reset Touch Keyboard to default open position in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If you do not like the current position and want to reset the Touch keyboard to the default position in Windows 11 or Windows 10, here is how you can do that. Although the OS doesn’t offer an option in Windows Settings, you can reset the Touch keyboard to the default...
  6. How to reset Microsoft Paint Settings, Position, Resolution or Size to default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to reset Microsoft Paint Settings, Position, Resolution or Size to default in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you have made some changes in the default white page in Microsoft Paint and you want to reset it to the default, then this […] This article How to reset Microsoft Paint Settings, Position, Resolution or Size to default in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  7. Notepad default page size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notepad default page size: Hello In Windows 10 notepad, how to make the default page size A 4 instead of letter. Thank you. Hany https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-default-page-size/4ee79f7d-6c23-4143-9990-6829c856f593
  8. Reset Touch Keyboard Default Open Position in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Touch Keyboard Default Open Position in Windows 10: How to: Reset Touch Keyboard Default Open Position in Windows 10 How to Reset Touch Keyboard Default Open Position in Windows 10 You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external keyboard that you plug into your PC....
  9. Reset Windows Photo Viewer Default Open Position and Size in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Windows Photo Viewer Default Open Position and Size in Windows: How to: Reset Windows Photo Viewer Default Open Position and Size in Windows How to Reset Default Open Position and Size of Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use Windows Photo Viewer to view your digital photos in a variety of ways. You can...
  10. Reset Windows Mobility Center Default Open Position in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Windows Mobility Center Default Open Position in Windows 10: How to: Reset Windows Mobility Center Default Open Position in Windows 10 How to Reset Default Open Position of Windows Mobility Center in Windows 10 If you use a Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop or tablet) that runs on a battery, you can access the most commonly used settings...