Windows 10: Customize Console Window Position in Windows

Discus and support Customize Console Window Position in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Customize Console Window Position in Windows How to Customize Console Window Position in Windows A console (or "terminal) is an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Customize Console Window Position in Windows

How to: Customize Console Window Position in Windows

How to Customize Console Window Position in Windows

A console (or "terminal) is an application that provides I/O to character-mode applications.

For example: Linux

This tutorial will show you how to customize the default window position a console window (ex: command prompt, PowerShell, Linux) opens at by default for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

*note If you set a custom console window position for a command prompt, it will only be applied to the specific console window shortcut that opened it.

For example, command prompt opened via Win+X menu VS Run (Win+R) dialog. Each location would have its own settings.

Here's How:

1. Open a Linux console window you want using the shortcut or location you want to apply a custom window position to.

2. Do step 3 (default system position) or step 4 (custom position) below for what you want to do.

3. To Let System Position Window for Console Window
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Right click or press and hold on the title bar of the console window, and click/tap on Properties. (see screenshot below)

Customize Console Window Position in Windows [​IMG]

B) Click/tap on the Layout tab, check the Let system position windows box, click/tap on OK, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

4. To Set Custom Window Position for Console Window
    A) Move the console window window to the position you want on your display.

B) Right click or press and hold on the title bar of the console window, and click/tap on Properties. (see screenshot below)

C) Click/tap on the Layout tab, uncheck the Let system position windows box if it's not already unchecked, click/tap on OK, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

5. When finished, you can close the command prompt if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Feb 6, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 26, 2019
  4. hellrazor Win User

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Remember window position

I suggest for GPU-Z to save its window position on exiting/starting again. Most similar programs have this - please add!

For example, I want to move GPU-Z to my 2nd monitor, and have it keep that position after I close it and run it again.
    An example of a program that has this is Core Temp - I use Core Temp to track my CPU temps, and use GPU-Z to track my videocard temps.
    RealTemp has it too.

(Sorry if this has been brought up before...
    Core Temp has a small bug with the window position when using 2 monitors, but its author will be fixing that too.)

6. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Customize Console Window Position in Windows - Similar Threads - Customize Console Window

2. Remebering Window Position

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remebering Window Position: I have Windows 11 and cannot save window position and size after shutdown. It will remember when it's opened/closed during the day without shutdown. After re-starting it will open to a fixed prior position, but not the last one prior to shutdown.I have tried all recommended...
  3. Window Position Saved

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window Position Saved: Hi, I just bought a new PC yesterday running Windows 10 and I have 2 monitors plugged on it. When the computer goes to sleep, the next morning, the windows are all displaying on the Main display. On my previous computer last week on Windows 10, it was not happening. Is there...
  4. Backup customized console layout?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backup customized console layout?: Hi! I always like to change the default layout of PowerShell to let it more like cmd, but everytime I change computer I have to reconfigure it again. Is there a way to customize and backup/restore that? I have tried to backup registry keys before (HKCU\Console) but it...
  5. My custom pointer is not aligned with the position of the click.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My custom pointer is not aligned with the position of the click.: [ATTACH] So lemme get this straight, i made a custom pointer for a theme but it is not aligned to where i click and i don't know how to fix that. Reference pic's of how it looks. "if somebody doesn't get what i am talking about" https://gifyu.com/image/d0pF -gif...
  6. Window Size and Position

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window Size and Position: I might already have a thread about this. An application window will have a given size and position upon initial installation. I have a window which has had both changed since its initial installation. I want to restore the original values. I tried uninstalling it and...
  7. Remember window position?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remember window position?: In every version of Windows 10 I have used, including the most recent official build (and unlike every previous Windows including XP, Vista, 7, 8, etc...) my window positions on the desktop are not remembered (sticky) each time I close the window. Meaning that each time I...
  8. How to make command console customizations available system-wide

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make command console customizations available system-wide: I have created a batch file with various customizations for my command prompt (e.g. Doskey macros etc.). I have a shortcut to cmd.exe that adds the path to my batch file as an argument so that my batch file gets loaded with the command console window. However, this...
  9. Create Custom MSC in Microsoft Management Console in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Custom MSC in Microsoft Management Console in Windows: How to: Create Custom MSC in Microsoft Management Console in Windows How to Create Custom MSC in Microsoft Management Console in Windows administrative tools (snap-ins) that you can use to administer networks, computers, services, and other system components. You can...
  10. Customize Colors of Console Window in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Customize Colors of Console Window in Windows: How to: Customize Colors of Console Window in Windows How to Customize Colors of Console Window in Windows A console (or "terminal) is an application that provides I/O to character-mode applications. For example: Linux In Windows, you can change the color of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. position window C-code example Linux

2. customize command window in Foxpro 6.0