Windows 10: Search for Similar Images on Bing in Windows 10 Photos app

Discus and support Search for Similar Images on Bing in Windows 10 Photos app in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Search for Similar Images on Bing in Windows 10 Photos app How to Search for Similar Images on Bing in Windows 10 Photos app The Photos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Search for Similar Images on Bing in Windows 10 Photos app

How to: Search for Similar Images on Bing in Windows 10 Photos app

How to Search for Similar Images on Bing in Windows 10 Photos app

The Photos app included in Windows 10 is a universal app that allows you to enjoy, organize, edit, and share all your digital memories. It brings together photos and videos from all your devices, enhances them to make great photos even better, and organizes them into beautiful albums for you.

Starting with version 2019.19031.17720.0 and higher, the Photos app now lets you search for similar images in Bing Visual Search.

This tutorial will show you how to search for similar images in Bing directly from the Photos app in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. While viewing an image in the Photos app, right click or press and hold on the image, and click/tap on Search for similar images on Bing. (see screenshot below)

Search for Similar Images on Bing in Windows 10 Photos app [​IMG]

2. Click/tap on Agree to send this image to Bing. (see screenshot below)

3. default web browser for you to review the search results. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 19, 2018

2. Photo options and search engine in Windows 10

Hi Ruth,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

When you say skip movies, music and games, what exactly do you mean by that?

I would suggest you to use Photo app in Windows 10 so that all the photos will be listed in one place.

For reference Photos app for Windows help:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/photos-app-faq

Note : Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

You can use any search engine you desire. Bing comes as default search engine in Windows 10. If you prefer some other search engine then you can use that search engine.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    New Bing features use machine learning for enhanced image search

Source: New Bing Search features use machine learning to offer enhanced image search, ‘one-stop shop’ for latest top news headlines - The Fire Hose

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Search for Similar Images on Bing in Windows 10 Photos app

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
    Introducing Bing Visual Search

Source: Beyond text queries: Searching with Bing Visual Search | Search Quality Insights

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Bing image search not updating in Bing Search App Windows Phone 8 (Nokia Black Update)

Hello Maria,

I applied a similar solution to yours in the evening and today my Bing search image in the Windows Phone 8 app now shows the correct background image corresponding to the homepage today. However, my lock screen image did not update until I refreshed the
    lock screen settings.

It seems the problem has been fixed for now. I'll write back with an update tomorrow to see if anything changes.

Thanks for the reply and assistance!

Mike_L1011, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Search for Similar Images on Bing in Windows 10 Photos app

1. Search for Similar Images on Bing in Windows 10 Photos app - Similar Threads - Search Similar Images

2. Getting Rid Of Bing Image in Search Bar Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Rid Of Bing Image in Search Bar Windows 10: Ok, just another example of Microsoft sneaking **** in and then not allowing users to have control of their settings.In the last update for Windows 10 there is now a Bing image in the lower left search bar. I don't **** want it there and there is no way to get rid of it!...
  3. Getting Rid Of Bing Image in Search Bar Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting Rid Of Bing Image in Search Bar Windows 10: Ok, just another example of Microsoft sneaking **** in and then not allowing users to have control of their settings.In the last update for Windows 10 there is now a Bing image in the lower left search bar. I don't **** want it there and there is no way to get rid of it!...
  4. Getting Rid Of Bing Image in Search Bar Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. What is this for? Bing search bar rotating images

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is this for? Bing search bar rotating images: Can anyone tell me what these little images are for? They change alot, don't have a function as far as I can tell, and I just don't like them. It's weird.This is the company-mandated MS Bing search bar on the bottom toolbar of my work PC.Thanks for any insight - can't figure...
  6. Bing image search anomaly, Indian cultural bias in Bing Images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bing image search anomaly, Indian cultural bias in Bing Images: Because I have been bored during COVID, I have been playing with the filters to see what I can do. I received a very disturbing image. Furthermore more when I search for woman, most of my choices are white women. My results is not statically supported. I search for woman...
  7. Bing photo search missing

in Cortana
    Bing photo search missing: When I open a photo using Photos I no longer have the option to search using Bing. How can I fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-photo-search-missing/ba94726c-c03e-4f9e-996b-03ac3ecc990c
  8. Bing: Can't Search Images by Size?

in Browsers and Email
    Bing: Can't Search Images by Size?: Maybe I'm going blind, but I can't see where to search for images by size (small, medium, large, etc.) with Bing. As I recall there used to be a bar across the top with that option (as with Google), but it seems to be gone. What am I missing? *Huh 80037
  9. Bing Updates Image Search for Office and Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Bing Updates Image Search for Office and Edge: The Bing search team works hard to provide access to all of Bing’s great functionality across many Microsoft applications. And today we’re releasing upgrades to features for Office, Microsoft Edge and Bing that will help you search for the perfect image, as well as explore...
  10. Being a Part of the Bing Image Search Ecosystem

in Windows 10 News
    Being a Part of the Bing Image Search Ecosystem: Billions of images are discovered by Bing searchers every month. Through Bing.com and our search partnerships with companies like Apple, Amazon and Yahoo, customers are performing more image searches to satisfy a growing range of needs. We understand that our users have a...