Windows 10: Search with Bing... now integrated into Notepad.

Discus and support Search with Bing... now integrated into Notepad. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; https://preview.redd.it/4yxtx30igzi31.png?width=751&format=png&auto=webp&s=3c1e2aaa1ebd1ec64f76854b91c6f7473c9e2ce4 submitted by /u/mtmsla [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mtmsla, Oct 29, 2019.

1. /u/mtmsla Win User

Search with Bing... now integrated into Notepad.

/u/mtmsla, Oct 29, 2019

2. Search with Bing from Notepad using Keyboard Shortcut

How to Search with Bing from Notepad in Windows 10

Notepad is a simple text editor included in Windows and a basic text-editing program which enables computer users to create documents.

Starting with Windows 10 build 17666, you can now highlight any words or phrase in Notepad and search with Bing.

If you have default web browser, a new tab will open in Notepad that will include the Bing search results page. Otherwise, the Bing search results page will open in your default web browser.

This tutorial will show you how to Search with Bing using a highlighted word or phrase from Notepad in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Search with Bing from Notepad using Keyboard Shortcut
    • Option Two: Search with Bing from Notepad using Context Menu
    • Option Three: Search with Bing from Notepad using Edit Menu

Search with Bing... now integrated into Notepad. [​IMG]
    OPTION ONE
    Search with Bing from Notepad using Keyboard Shortcut
    1. Highlight any words or phrase in Notepad that you want to search with Bing. (see screenshot below)

2. Press the Ctrl+B keys.

OPTION TWO
    Search with Bing from Notepad using Context Menu
    1. Highlight any words or phrase in Notepad that you want to search with Bing. (see screenshot below)

2. Right click or press and hold within Notepad, and click/tap on Search with Bing.

OPTION THREE
    Search with Bing from Notepad using Edit Menu

2. Click/tap on Edit on the menu bar, and click/tap on Search with Bing.

*tip You can also press the Alt+E keys, and then press the S key to perform this action.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Oct 30, 2019
  3. wmta2 Win User
    bing search integration

Hi,

Have you tried:

from Start, flick left to the App list, tap Settings > Internet Explorer, and then select Let Bing suggest sites as I type?

Thank you from the Windows Phone team

http:www.Microsoft.com/WindowsPhone

wmta2, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Search with Bing... now integrated into Notepad.

How to remove Bing search

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

a) What is the exact issue that you face with Bing?

b) Is the issue related to Bing app?

c) Do you get issues with bing search in Windows Edge?

If you wish to set a different search for Windows Edge, here are the steps which might help you to set it as default search engine or home page.

• Open Windows edge.
    • Click on More actions (Three dots ...)
    • Click on settings.
    • Click on view advanced settings.
    • Turn on "Show the home button"
    • Enter the URL of the website which you want to set as your home page.
    • Close the Windows edge and open it again you will be able to get you desired webpage as your home page.

For Internet Explorer, refer to the following steps:

a) Type Internet options into the start search box

b) Press enter

c) Go down to search and select settings,

d) You can change it here.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

Search with Bing... now integrated into Notepad.

1. Search with Bing... now integrated into Notepad. - Similar Threads - Search Bing integrated

2. Bing Integration with Search menu not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bing Integration with Search menu not working: I am on the latest of update of Win 11 22H2 Moment 2I have almost all the features available except the bing integration in the search menu.Region set to United States.I have no BingSearchEnabled in...
  3. Bing Integration with Search menu not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bing Integration with Search menu not working: I am on the latest of update of Win 11 22H2 Moment 2I have almost all the features available except the bing integration in the search menu.Region set to United States.I have no BingSearchEnabled in...
  4. Windows 10 search bar now with Bing Visual Search

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 search bar now with Bing Visual Search: Every day, we have questions. Search engines, apps, digital voice assistants, or phones are usually our go-to places to find answers. You may already know that you can use the search bar in Windows – found on your PC taskbar – to find things like an app, setting, or a file...
  5. Searching with the Bing Search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Searching with the Bing Search bar: When I enter a search in the Bing search bar on the screen of my desk top computer, the search comes on the minimized window, but will not open in Maximized view. What caused this and how can it be fixed to open the window on the screen instead of the bottom task bar on the...
  6. Search with Bing in Notepad

in Cortana
    Search with Bing in Notepad: Hi, Anyone aware of some method like registry tweaking to hide this item from the context menu of Notepad? Not a big issue, just asking to know if there's a way?...
  7. Bing Search now available on SwiftKey for Android

in Windows 10 News
    Bing Search now available on SwiftKey for Android: Today we’re excited to share the news of a new feature on SwiftKey for Android that makes it easy and quick to share anything you want from the web with search powered by Bing. With Search built right into the keyboard, you have a faster, easier experience browsing the web....
  8. Bing search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bing search: How do I search information in France from the Bing search engine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/bing-search/5b7ae6e0-5a1c-4699-aad6-74d7d1e02b7d
  9. Search with Bing from Notepad in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Search with Bing from Notepad in Windows 10: How to: Search with Bing from Notepad in Windows 10 How to Search with Bing from Notepad in Windows 10 Notepad is a simple text editor included in Windows and a basic text-editing program which enables computer users to create documents. Starting with Windows 10...
  10. Bing Custom Search and Bing Search API V7 Now Generally Available

in Windows 10 News
    Bing Custom Search and Bing Search API V7 Now Generally Available: Microsoft Cognitive Services enables developers to augment the next generation of applications with the ability to see, hear, speak, understand, and interpret needs using natural methods of communication.   Today, we are announcing the general availability of Bing Custom...