Windows 10: Something messed up with PIN

Discus and support Something messed up with PIN in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I had to forcibly reboot my Windows 10 14342 machine today and when it came back fingerprint wasn't working saying there was no PIN set. I had set one,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mvalpreda, Jun 14, 2016.

1. mvalpreda Win User

Something messed up with PIN

I had to forcibly reboot my Windows 10 14342 machine today and when it came back fingerprint wasn't working saying there was no PIN set. I had set one, figured I could add it back. I go into Sign in options and it says 'Add a PIN' I click on that and it asks me for my PIN, put that in and it just hangs up. Few reboots and system restore have not made any change.

Is there a place to remove it completely? I'm thinking something might be amiss in my profile. Rather not rebuild it.

:)

mvalpreda, Jun 14, 2016

2. Something is messed up!

Thank you. That should work, but the only thing im going to do different, is fix my partitions when i install Windows 7, not Windows 10

ShawnBybee - NWOrphan, Jun 14, 2016
  3. JeffR626 Win User
    Something is messed up!

You will need the windows 7 key, on laptops it is usually on a sticker on the bottom.

If windows 10 was activated. you can use the flash drive you created to do a clean /fresh install of win 10. when setup asks for the key click skip. Once its all done windows should activate automatically.

JeffR626, Jun 14, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jun 14, 2016
  5. mvalpreda Win User
    Thanks....but already went through all of that. I do not get any of the PIN reset options.

I think I have a Veeam Endpoint Backup from last week. I'll do a backup from now, restore from last week, then copy over the few changes.

mvalpreda, Jun 14, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    When it asks for your PIN, are you able to select to enter your password or click on "I forgot my PIN" instead?

Brink, Jun 14, 2016
  7. mvalpreda Win User
    I forgot my PIN is available, but does nothing. Crazy is that I just restored to 12 days ago.....and everything was fine then....but now is not. Wondering if the PIN is stored with the TPM or something like that. I am not seeing any TPM options in my BIOS now though. Something very strange is going on!

mvalpreda, Jun 14, 2016
  8. mvalpreda Win User

Security Devices is missing from my laptop. No TPM showing up. Ugggg

Going to do a BIOS update and hope that kicks something back in.....

mvalpreda, Jun 14, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jun 14, 2016
  10. mvalpreda Win User
    TPM options are missing from the BIOS. Verified they should be there....but alas they are not. Sounds like I have something else going on. I'll give Dell a call.

mvalpreda, Jun 14, 2016
  11. mvalpreda Win User
    Dell is replacing the motherboard. TPM is just flat out missing. Very odd.

mvalpreda, Jun 14, 2016
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Odd indeed, but I'm glad they are taking care of it for you.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Something messed up with PIN - Similar Threads - Something messed PIN

2. Something haappened with my pin , and I cannot set up my pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something haappened with my pin , and I cannot set up my pin: Hi there, i need your help please , i got someBig issues with my Pc , I’m operating on windows 10 , and I’ve simply start my pc and on the main screen a massage popped out saying “ Something happened and your Pin isn’t available, click to set up your pin”. And also it shows...
  3. My sound driver or something is completely messed up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My sound driver or something is completely messed up.: I about had it with this laptop of mine. All because of the stupid inconvenient sounds. Don't know if it is the driver or what is it.List of problem:1. Cannot use mic simultaneously- This happens mainly with my earbuds with a connected mic. Most of the time the mic doesn't...
  4. My sound driver or something is completely messed up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My sound driver or something is completely messed up.: I about had it with this laptop of mine. All because of the stupid inconvenient sounds. Don't know if it is the driver or what is it.List of problem:1. Cannot use mic simultaneously- This happens mainly with my earbuds with a connected mic. Most of the time the mic doesn't...
  5. My sound driver or something is completely messed up.

6. Did I mess something up by clicking icons in Component Services ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Did I mess something up by clicking icons in Component Services ?: I just double clicked on icons circled in red under "running processes" and "COM+ Applications" and did not do anything else: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I just clicked them....did not change any settings....Am I ok ?...
  7. AIsuite messed up, internet messed up,

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AIsuite messed up, internet messed up,: I screwed something up big time when I went into BIOS...the shorter version: AIsuite3.exe gives me multiple termination windows, Chrome keeps telling me my connection is not secure, as well as a few other hiccups (Steam wont let me in). I tried resetting CMOS,I had the local...
  8. My windows messed up after I deleted something

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My windows messed up after I deleted something: I have 2 memory drives, a small 256 ssd and a 1tb HDD, my ssd used to be my default memory drive that would house my windows files but I changed all the settings to make my HDD my default one, since my ssd is too small and can't handle much. After like a year I never use my...
  9. Something is up with Youtube (Messed up Layout)

in Browsers and Email
    Something is up with Youtube (Messed up Layout): I was watching some videos on youtube, catching up on my watch later playlist, then when I got done, I planned on looking up some car maintenance vids. Then out of nowhere, youtube's layout went screwy. I use google chrome (stable, version 68.0.3440.106), and I use the...
  10. Something messed up in windows 10

Something messed up in windows 10: *Sick This might be a little hard for me to explain, but, I will try... My windows 10 gets in a condition where if I try to use some apps, like the built in weather app,, or the calculator, it will pop up a big notice that says: "this app can't open with the built in...