Windows 10: Text Size Since Creators Update

Discus and support Text Size Since Creators Update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since the creators update my text size and browser icons are back to small size. I can't find the old display settings where you can adjust text size,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by stealth2920, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Text Size Since Creators Update

Since the creators update my text size and browser icons are back to small size. I can't find the old display settings where you can adjust text size, bold, etc and icon size. DPI settings change the text size but also adjust the icons which are already the correct size. Hopefully that option isn't gone. Not where it use to be. *Sad

:)

stealth2920, Apr 13, 2017

2. Internet Explorer 11 Menu font size

I just updated Windows 10 to the Creator version. I now find the ability to increase the text size on the IE11 toolbar and for the names of my Favorites is gone. Also the text size on the Word and Excel toolbars is so tiny it is barely readable. I had
    to download and switch to Firebox for my default browser since Firefox offers the ability to increase and bold the text. Unfortunately, I cannot do anything about the text size for the Word and Excel toolbars. The text size is so small it is putting a severe
    strain on my eyes. Why was this feature taken out of the Creator Update?

LarryRice_852, Apr 13, 2017
  3. help

ever since windows creator update installed i can not change the text size on the desktop icons some of the options that were there before the update are gone.

RickieStokes, Apr 13, 2017
  4. Text Size Since Creators Update

Currently I am using that third party font and text adjuster that Old Mike suggested in another thread. Works for now but wish the Creators update hadn't removed the one that windows used previously.

5. Brink
    Brink New Member
  6. I don't have those options since I updated to Creators. No Display icon in the control panel. I can go to display in the settings but those text options are not there. Those were the options I had before the update. Are you on the creators update and have those options?

7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Option Two has to be used in the Creators Update instead.

Brink, Apr 13, 2017
  8. Text Size Since Creators Update

Thanks for the info. That third party program that Old Mike suggested is working perfect. I will also check out option 2 to see if it is any easier or better.

9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Option 2 are .reg files to set it. They can be handy to keep to merge them as needed without the need of 3rd party software.

Brink, Apr 13, 2017
  10. Thanks for the info.

11. Archangel Win User
    Thanks for that! I have used it to set the font to 11 regular in the File Explorer. It works well, except that the lower part of file names is cut off... For example the letter p is very short, and the letter g almost looks like a q as the bottom curve is not there. Is there anything that can be done about this?

Archangel, May 11, 2017
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Archangel, and welcome to Ten Forums.

Other than changing the DPI scaling level to make everything larger instead, I'm not sure. *Sad

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Text Size Since Creators Update

1. Text Size Since Creators Update - Similar Threads - Text Size Since

2. text size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    text size: i literally just hit like one **** key and now suddenly my youtube cc is **** TINY and so are my notifications. i cant find anything on this and it's really **** annoying. how the **** did i do this and how do i fix it???...
  3. text size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    text size: i literally just hit like one **** key and now suddenly my youtube cc is **** TINY and so are my notifications. i cant find anything on this and it's really **** annoying. how the **** did i do this and how do i fix it???...
  4. Text Size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text Size: I just updated to windows 2004 and it changed the text size under my displayed shortcuts. How do I change the text size? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-size/71b48c43-aaf8-4b83-ad3a-87c6d6a6557f
  5. ICON text size etc after Creator update

in Windows 10 Customization
    ICON text size etc after Creator update: How to I change various text sizes and make bold in the new update? Used to be in Display Prop. but I can not find it now. 81895
  6. Many BSOD since Creator update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Many BSOD since Creator update?: Dear all, Since Creator update I have many BSOD. Not sure to what action it is linked. Can somebody help (see file) please? TY in advance. Attachment 147994 90897
  7. Advanced sizing of text ... gone with Creators Update ?!

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced sizing of text ... gone with Creators Update ?!: Does anybody know where "advanced sizing of text and other items" from display settings is gone ? I cannot find it anywhere and I need Windows to have bigger fonts (and I don't want to scale everything, just the size of the text). If it's completely gone with Creators Update,...
  8. Change Desktop Icon Text Size under Fall Creator Edition

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Desktop Icon Text Size under Fall Creator Edition: Under 1703 I had the Desktop Icon text set to something slightly larger or bolder than the default 'out of box' font. . When I installed 1709 the fonts reverted to the default. My tired old eyes need something bigger and/or bolder but I don't remember how I did it earlier and...
  9. text size

in Windows 10 Support
    text size: I have just upgraded to windows 10. I find the text size of 125% best suits me - but it plays havoc with my SmartSuite 123 files. Any ways to selectively change the text size?? Thanks Colin Lambert 47758
  10. Blurry text since Creators Update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry text since Creators Update.: I tried every fix out there nothing works that googling says. Nothing works. The issue I am having is that certain fonts and this affects all programs are blurry. Even MS own built in programs. The issue is the Segoe UI font. Example if I change the font to a program to...