Windows 10: Text suggestions doesn’t display in Notepad after updating to Windows 10 1903

Discus and support Text suggestions doesn’t display in Notepad after updating to Windows 10 1903 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Before Windows 10 hadn't updated to 1903, I was seeing auto correction and suggestion while typing in a file in the notepad app. However, I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by a cooperator, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Text suggestions doesn’t display in Notepad after updating to Windows 10 1903

Hi
    Before Windows 10 hadn't updated to 1903, I was seeing auto correction and suggestion while typing in a file in the notepad app.
    However, I don't see that is being shown while typing in file in the notepad app.

***Modified title from: Display suggestion, when updating to 1903, is no longer functioning while typing in a file in the notepad app. ***

:)

a cooperator, Oct 11, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Text suggestions doesn’t display in Notepad after updating to Windows 10 1903 [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 11, 2019
  3. To Find Text in Notepad

How to Find and Replace Text in Notepad in Windows 10

Notepad is a simple text editor included in Windows and a basic text-editing program which enables computer users to create documents.

You can search to find text in Notepad, and search to find and replace text in Notepad.

Starting with Windows 10 build 17713, Microsoft made significant improvements to the find/replace experience in Notepad. Microsoft added the option to do wrap-around find/replace to the find dialog and Notepad will now remember previously entered values and the state of checkboxes and automatically populate them the next time you open the find dialog. Additionally, when you have text selected and open the find dialog it will automatically populate the search field with the selected text.

This tutorial will show you how to find and replace text within a document in Notepad in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

Text suggestions doesn’t display in Notepad after updating to Windows 10 1903 [​IMG]
    OPTION ONE
    To Find Text in Notepad
    1. While in Notepad, perform one of the following actions you want to search and find text: (see screenshots below)
    • Press the Ctrl+F keys.
    • Select (highlight) text you want to search and find, and press the Ctrl+F keys.
    • Click/tap on Edit on the menu bar, and click/tap on Find.
    2. Type what you want to find in the Find what field if it doesn't already have what you want.

3. Check or uncheck the Match case box for what you want.

4. Check or uncheck the Wrap around box for what you want.

*note Wrap around is only available starting with Windows 10 build 17713.

5. Select (dot) Up or Down for the Direction where the cursor is at within the text you want to find from.

6. When you are ready to starting finding the text entered in step 2, perform one of the following actions you want:
    • Click/tap on the Find Next button.
    • Press the F3 key. If the Find dialog is currently open, then you will need to click/tap on the Find Next button at least once first.
    • Click/tap on Edit on the menu bar, and click/tap on Find Next. This option will not work if the Find dialog is currently open.
    7. Repeat step 6 to find all instances of the text entered in step 2, and/or click/tap on OK when it cannot find any other instances.

OPTION TWO
    To Replace Text in Notepad
    1. While in Notepad, perform one of the following actions you want to search and find text to replace: (see screenshots below)
    • Press the Ctrl+H keys.
    • Select (highlight) text you want to search and find, and press the Ctrl+H keys.
    • Click/tap on Edit on the menu bar, and click/tap on Replace.
    2. Type what you want to find in the Find what field if it doesn't already have what you want.

3. Type what you want to replace text with from step 2 in the Replace with field.

4. Check or uncheck the Match case box for what you want.

5. Check or uncheck the Wrap around box for what you want.

*note Wrap around is only available starting with Windows 10 build 17713.

6. When you are ready to start to find text entered in step 2, perform one of the following actions you want:
    • Click/tap on the Find Next button.
    • Press the F3 key. If the Replace dialog is currently open, then you will need to click/tap on the Find Next button at least once first.
    7. If you want to replace this specific text found with text entered in step 3, click/tap on the Replace button.

*note You can click/tap on the Replace All button instead if you want to go ahead and automatically replace all found text from step 2 with text entered in step 3.

8. Repeat step 6 and step 7 to find and replace all instances of text you want, and/or click/tap on OK when it cannot find any other instances.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Oct 11, 2019
  4. CyrrusV Win User

Text suggestions doesn’t display in Notepad after updating to Windows 10 1903

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

Text suggestions doesn’t display in Notepad after updating to Windows 10 1903

1. Text suggestions doesn’t display in Notepad after updating to Windows 10 1903 - Similar Threads - Text suggestions doesn’t

2. In "Enable text suggestions in Windows", I've suggestion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In "Enable text suggestions in Windows", I've suggestion: In "Enable text suggestions in Windows", I've suggestion: make the choice between the suggested words by the "up arrow" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-enable-text-suggestions-in-windows-ive/cf37a763-b332-4047-82f9-a934f71e250a
  3. In "Enable text suggestions in Windows", I've suggestion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In "Enable text suggestions in Windows", I've suggestion: In "Enable text suggestions in Windows", I've suggestion: make the choice between the suggested words by the "up arrow" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-enable-text-suggestions-in-windows-ive/cf37a763-b332-4047-82f9-a934f71e250a
  4. Windows 11 Text Suggestions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Text Suggestions: What is with the text suggestions in Windows 11. I see this in Outlook and Teams mostly. I assume it is Word as well. I misspell "delicious" as delicous and the suggested words are 'dioicous, declivous, and devious'. It is the same for almost everything I type. If I mistype...
  5. Notepad display problem after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Notepad display problem after update: Hi folks, Yesterday I successfully updated my Dell Inspiron 3650 to Windows 1903 Build 18362.295. Everything seems o.k. except that I can't get Notepad to save as ANSI format. Also, my files made with ANSi using the old Notepad display some characters incorrectly (— em...
  6. Notepad 1903

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad 1903: Hello! How can i install the newtest version for the Notepad 1903 ? 138824
  7. Notepad 1903

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Notepad 1903: Hello! How can i install the newtest version for the Notepad 1903 ? 138824
  8. After 1903 update, display corrupted

After 1903 update, display corrupted: After updating old PC with NVidia GTX 1050 ti (latest drivers) the logon screen is fine, but after login I see this. It's a mess. Unable to attempt fix as text is often unreadable. [ATTACH]...
  9. OS text and menus missing after 1903 updates.

OS text and menus missing after 1903 updates.: After installing the following updates after a 100% fresh 1903 Windows Install: KB: 4503293 4503308 4497932 4495620 2267602 890830 Text in UI disappears and WILL NOT SHOW UP FOR a random amount of time. You can force it to show up by opening 4 different "Windows...
  10. Issues with Display after 1903 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with Display after 1903 update: After i upgraded my Windows 10 to 1903v, my graphics card ( NVIDIA 105M ) randomly stop working some times, and even when I'm browsing the internet I'm getting a black bars sometimes and i have never saw this bug in 1809v. - I tried clean GPU installation. - restarting the...