Windows 10: Turn off Xbox App DVR would become black screen after CSGO gaming

Discus and support Turn off Xbox App DVR would become black screen after CSGO gaming in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This didn't happen before applying Anniversary update. I talked with other people online and this problem happens for both AMD and Nvidia graphic card.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by crunchor, Sep 3, 2016.

1. crunchor Win User

Turn off Xbox App DVR would become black screen after CSGO gaming

This didn't happen before applying Anniversary update. I talked with other people online and this problem happens for both AMD and Nvidia graphic card. I still cannot find a solution so can just turn on the DVR and have to restart CSGO sometimes to get through the FPS limit to 30 because of DVR problem. With black screen the computer seem like running 100% normal except the black screen part and I can turn it off by pressing power button once to order the windows 10 turns off and it sounds all normal with Windows shut down sound then shut off. The screen would be normal again once I turn the computer on again.

:)

crunchor, Sep 3, 2016
  2. JGW_61 Win User

Steam/Windows 10 problems

Disable "Game DVR" in the Xbox app / Open Xbox app > go to config > Game DVR > Disable Even though I didn’t have xbox loaded this works for CSGO.

JGW_61, Sep 3, 2016
  3. Windows 10 anniversary update and League Of Legends

Hi,

I've also had the issue with CSGO.

The fps issues are usually caused by a known issue with the new Xbox app Game DVR feature.

Workaround / Resolution:

- Open the Xbox App from the Start Menu.

- Click the Settings icon in the lower left corner of the Xbox app window.

- Click Game DVR.

- Click the first switch to disable Game DVR.

Without Game DVR running csgo should run at an unlimted, normal framerate.

-----

I'm also seeing the pvp net patcher kernel stopped working error.

The only successful workaround I can find is running the game as administrator. Clean Reinstalling the game does not help.

Hopefully it may be fixed in a future update.

KemikalElite, Sep 3, 2016
Thema:

Turn off Xbox App DVR would become black screen after CSGO gaming

1. Turn off Xbox App DVR would become black screen after CSGO gaming - Similar Threads - Turn off Xbox

2. Xbox Game DVR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game DVR: I recording a game clip last night and I exited the game without pressing stop recording and the Xbox app said there was an error. It had previously done that for another clip of mine, but it saved, the other clip did not. I went looking around the DVR files and I found the...
  3. Game DVR - XBOX - Error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game DVR - XBOX - Error?: My gaming DVR is no longer working. Now I can not record more, because, it appears error that could not record that is to try again later What can I do? I have a gameplay channel and I need this....
  4. Xbox App Game DVR, audio records, video stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App Game DVR, audio records, video stuck: This has been happening on my computer and my brothers, and we can't find anything online about it. We've had our computers for over a year now. So, this happens randomly, but sometimes when I record with the DVR the audio will be captured just fine but the video will seem...
  5. Xbox DVR Green Screen Video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox DVR Green Screen Video: When I get onto my Xbox App on Windows 10, I cannot watch any DVRs; mine or anyone else's. I can hear the playback, however I only get a green screen in the video. Cannot for the love of god find anyone else who has had this problem. Just to clarify - I am not talking...
  6. CSGO FPS drops / Windows 10 with Xbox Game DVR disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CSGO FPS drops / Windows 10 with Xbox Game DVR disabled: Hi everyone ! You might already know there's a known issue with CSGO and windows 10 regarding random FPS drops. Steam officially recommends users who experience such issue to disable the Xbox Game DVR Disabling Xbox DVR in Windows 10 - Documentation - Knowledge Base -...
  7. CSGO black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CSGO black screen: Hello When I launch CSGO, the game launches to a black screen but goes to the main menu after a few minutes. Any help is appreciated 68915
  8. Black screen after turning monitor off and on

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after turning monitor off and on: Hello all I have a desktop PC, running windows 10 video card NVIDIA GTX 750Ti driver 364.72 (newest) Dual Monitor : BENQ connected with Digital Port HP connected with DVI Problem: if I switch the BENQ monitor off, when I turn it on again it displays a...
  9. XBOX Game DVR doesn't function

in Windows 10 Support
    XBOX Game DVR doesn't function: This app doesn't work at all. None of these commands work at all. [img] Absolutely nothing pops up. Not even in game. Does anyone know why? 11138
  10. Screen turns off shortly after turn on.

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen turns off shortly after turn on.: I have installed the Fall Creator's update that some how upset my printer settings but that is sorted. However I now find that when I turn on the computer the sign in screen appears but unless I log in within a few minutes the screen turns off. This is since the update so...