Windows 10: Turn On or Off Automatic Recommended Troubleshooting in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Automatic Recommended Troubleshooting in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Automatic Recommended Troubleshooting in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Automatic Recommended Troubleshooting in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by ajayhirur, Jan 27, 2017.

1. ajayhirur Win User

Turn On or Off Automatic Recommended Troubleshooting in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Automatic Recommended Troubleshooting in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Automatic Recommended Troubleshooting in Windows 10

If something isn't working in Windows 10, running a troubleshooter might help. Troubleshooters can find and fix many common problems for you.

Starting with Windows 10 build 17704, you can keep your device healthy by automatically applying recommended troubleshooting for known problems.

Starting with Windows 10 build 18305, recommended troubleshooting is now fully functional. You may see recommended troubleshooting from us while we test the feature. These tests, marked as sample recommended troubleshooter, are safe to run and will not make any changes to your device. The tests help to ensure that the feature is working as designed and give you an opportunity to give feedback, so we can help keep your device working at its best.

This tutorial will show you how to change recommended troubleshooting settings to turn on or off running troubleshooters automatically for known problems for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to turn on or off recommended troubleshooting.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Change Recommended Troubleshooting Settings in Settings
    • Option Two: Change Recommended Troubleshooting Settings using a REG file
    • Option Three: Change Recommended Troubleshooting Settings in Settings for Windows 10 build 18980 and higher
    • Option Four: Change Recommended Troubleshooting Settings using a REG file for Windows 10 build 18980 and higher

EXAMPLE: Recommended troubleshooting notification

Turn On or Off Automatic Recommended Troubleshooting in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Change Recommended Troubleshooting Settings in Settings
    1 Open Settings, and click/tap on the Privacy icon.

2 Click/tap on Diagnostics & Feedback on the left side, and select the Recommended troubleshooting setting you want in the drop menu on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3 You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Automatic Recommended Troubleshooting using a REG file
    The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsMitigation

UserPreference DWORD

1 = Only fix critical problems for me
    2 = Ask me before fixing problems
    3 = Tell me when problems get fixed
    4 = Fix problems for me without asking

1 Do step 2 (fix), step 3 (ask), step 4 (tell), step 5 (fix critical) below for what you would like to do.

2. Set Recommended Troubleshooting to "Fix problems for me without asking"
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 6 below.

Fix_problems_for_me_without_asking.reg

Download

3. Set Recommended Troubleshooting to "Tell me when problems get fixed"
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 6 below.

Tell_me_when_problems_get_fixed.reg

Download

4. Set Recommended Troubleshooting to "Ask me before fixing problems"
    This is the default setting

Ask_me_before_fixing_problems.reg

Download

5. Set Recommended Troubleshooting to "Only fix critical problems for me"

Only_fix_critical_problems_for_me.reg

Download
    6 Save the .reg file to your desktop.

7 Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

8 When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

9 You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

OPTION THREE [/i] Change Recommended Troubleshooting Settings in Settings for Windows 10 build 18980 and higher
    1 Open Settings, and click/tap on the Update & Security icon.

2 Click/tap on Troubleshoot on the left side, and select the Recommended troubleshooting setting you want in the drop menu on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3 You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION FOUR [/i] Turn On or Off Automatic Recommended Troubleshooting using a REG file for Windows 10 build 18980 and higher
    The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsMitigation

UserPreference DWORD

2 = Ask me before running troubleshooters
    3 = Run troubleshooters automatically, then notify me
    4 = Run troubleshooters automatically, don't notify me

1 Do step 2 (run and don't notify), step 3 (run and notify), or step 4 (ask) below for what you would like to do.

2. Set Recommended Troubleshooting to "Run troubleshooters automatically, don't notify me"
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Run_troubleshooters_automatically_do_not_notify_me.reg

Download

3. Set Recommended Troubleshooting to "Run troubleshooters automatically, then notify me"
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Run_troubleshooters_automatically_then_notify_me.reg

Download

4. Set Recommended Troubleshooting to "Ask me before running troubleshooters"
    This is the default setting

Ask_me_before_running_troubleshooters.reg

Download
    5 Save the .reg file to your desktop.

6 Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

7 When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

8 You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

ajayhirur, Jan 27, 2017
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Automatic Repair Fail

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Are you getting any error messages when your computer is attempting to perform the Automatic Repair?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested steps on this article
    to troubleshoot black screen issues on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Windows automatically turns on

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the power options in Windows 10, let me assist you.

As an initial step of troubleshooting, I suggest you to run the power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

The power troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix any incorrect power settings. Refer to these steps to run this troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Select the View all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue persists, try changing the Power button settings and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Power options
    • Click on Choose what the power button does in the left pane.
    • Select the appropriate option from the drop down menu and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Windows automatically turns on

Well, it doesn't work. I have to shut it down twice to work...

Rares Antoniu, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Automatic Recommended Troubleshooting in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Automatic

2. Windows 10 is not checking for Recommended troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 is not checking for Recommended troubleshooting: Windows 10 is not checking for Recommended troubleshooting and I want it to check for. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-is-not-checking-for-recommended/916e48fc-550b-44a8-945d-54216e29b0c8
  3. Windows 10 is not checking for Recommended troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 is not checking for Recommended troubleshooting: Windows 10 is not checking for Recommended troubleshooting and I want it to check for. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-is-not-checking-for-recommended/916e48fc-550b-44a8-945d-54216e29b0c8
  4. Windows 10 is not checking for Recommended troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Recommended Troubleshooter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recommended Troubleshooter: The automatic troubleshooter has stopped working in my HP Windows 10 desktop. I have it set on "Run Troubleshooter Automatically" but below that it says " Last checked: never" and there is no troubleshooting history? Any suggestions other than reinstalling Windows?!...
  6. Display does not turn off automatically in Windows 10 2004. How to troubleshoot?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display does not turn off automatically in Windows 10 2004. How to troubleshoot?: After upgrading to Windows 10, version 2004, the screen on my desktop no longer turns off after a set period on inactivity. This worked just fine before. It does not matter which power plan I've selected currently 'High Performance' - but this setting should not have any...
  7. Windows 10 turns off and on automatically. Shows automatic repair screen but turns off...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 turns off and on automatically. Shows automatic repair screen but turns off...: My Windows 10 lenovo turns off and on automatically. First it shows 'preparing automatic repair' but turns off again before anything comes up. A few times Windows repair blue screen comes up but before I can pick any option it turns off again. At times i also manage to get...
  8. How to turn on or off Recommended troubleshooting in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn on or off Recommended troubleshooting in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has worked hard to add tons of inbuilt troubleshooting methods in Windows 10. There is one for almost one for every standard error in Windows 10. Going ahead with Windows 10 v1903, the team has added Recommended Troubleshooting. It [...] This post...
  9. Turn off automatic Windows 10 Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Turn off automatic Windows 10 Updates: Hello. To turn off automatic updates in Windows 10, we basically need to prevent the Windows Update service from running on startup. This can be done by going to Start Menu>type 'Services'>look for a service called 'Windows Update' and double click on it>if it's already...
  10. View Recommended Troubleshooting History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View Recommended Troubleshooting History in Windows 10: How to: View Recommended Troubleshooting History in Windows 10 How to View Recommended Troubleshooting History in Windows 10 If something isn't working in Windows 10, running a troubleshooter might help. Troubleshooters can find and fix many common problems for you....