Windows 10: Turn On or Off Core Isolation Memory Integrity in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Core Isolation Memory Integrity in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Core Isolation Memory Integrity in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Core Isolation Memory Integrity in Windows 10 The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Ita1, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Ita1 Win User

Turn On or Off Core Isolation Memory Integrity in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Core Isolation Memory Integrity in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Core Isolation Memory Integrity in Windows 10

The Windows 10 Creators Update introduced a new experience called the Windows Defender Security Center to make it is easier for you to view and control the security protections you choose and better understand the security features already protecting you on your Windows 10 device.

Starting with Windows 10 build 17093, the Device security page was added to Windows Security that provides you with status reporting and management of security features built into your devices including toggling features on to provide enhanced protections.

One Device security is Core isolation that provides virtualization-based security features to protect core parts of your device.

Memory integrity is a security feature of Core isolation that prevents attacks from inserting malicious code into high-security processes.

See also:
    It is required to have Virtualization enabled for your CPU in your UEFI firmware settings to have Core isolation Memory integrity available.

Turn On or Off Core Isolation Memory Integrity in Windows 10 [​IMG]

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off the Core isolation Memory integrity Device security feature of Windows Security in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to turn on or off Memory integrity.

Contents
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Core Isolation Memory Integrity in Windows Security
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Core Isolation Memory Integrity using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows Security
    1 Open Windows Security, and click/tap on the Device security icon. (see screenshot below)

2 Click/tap on the Core isolation details link. (see screenshot below)

3 Turn On or Off (default) Memory integrity for what you want. (see screenshots below)

4 Click/tap on Yes when prompted by UAC.

5 Restart the computer to apply. (see screenshots below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Core Isolation Memory Integrity using a REG file
    The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard\Scenarios\HypervisorEnforcedCodeIntegrity

Enabled DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1 Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2 To Turn On Core Isolation Memory Integrity
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_Core_isolation_Memory_integrity.reg

Download

3 To Turn Off Core Isolation Memory Integrity
    This is the default setting.

A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_Core_isolation_Memory_integrity.reg

Download
    4 Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5 Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6 When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7 Restart the computer to apply.

8 If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

2. Cannot disable Memory Integrity (Core Isolation) in RS4 Build 17123

Thanks you very much.

You avoided a reinstallation ;-)

EmmanuelLesne, Mar 21, 2018
  3. SarahKong Win User
    SarahKong, Mar 21, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Ita1, *Smile

I'm not sure either, but this setting has always been turned off by default for me so far.

Brink, Mar 21, 2018
  5. Ita1 Win User
    this setting = VBS, right?

What's the meaning than of "for older systems, customers will have the ability to opt in post upgrade using [...]"?

Older system=upgrade?

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yes, core isolation is VBS.

The line below means that they will be able to set it like in the tutorial.

Brink, Mar 21, 2018
  7. Ita1 Win User
    txs for your kind reply Brink!
    right
    yes but for devices that meet the minimum requirements otherwise the reliance on hardware would be useless.
    So, i think that older system should be explained as "system that come from an older branch" (eg 10 FCU) otherwise it doesn't make sense...

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
  9. Cliff S New Member
    From the article you linked Shawn:
    My Logitech webcam is one of those drivers that doesn't work now, with this turned on.

But, Microsoft provides their own generic drivers for webcams(in Device Manager), just basic ones with no frills, but enough to work in Skype.

Samsung and Logitech are notorious for not updating their certificates, so it is to be expected I guess*sarc

Cliff S, Apr 10, 2018
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Thank you for the heads up Cliff. *Smile

Brink, Apr 10, 2018
  11. Cliff S New Member
    Your welcome Shawn.
    I have upgraded my main system to the RP(yeah I couldn't wait*Redface) and now have the option, and turned it on.
    If the generic driver hadn't worked, I would have turned it off, but I don't need any of the extra features anyhow.
    By the way, one will need to do the same for the web cams mic also.

Cliff S, Apr 10, 2018
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hmm, this below is what I'm seeing in Windows 10 build 17639.

I'm unable to turn off "Memory integrity", but I do not have any group policies configured despite the red message below. *Confused

Brink, Apr 10, 2018
  13. Cliff S New Member

Yeah, after I turned it on, I have that too*Confused

And typical Microsoft non-help, this is what clicking "Learn More" gives you:

Which is why Ten Forums exists, and thrives*chuckle

Cliff S, Apr 10, 2018
  14. Cliff S New Member
    If you feel like experimenting, I found this:

set to 0
    Code: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard\Scenarios\HypervisorEnforcedCodeIntegrity[/quote]

Cliff S, Apr 10, 2018
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Thank you Cliff. I added that as Option Two.

I'm surprised the registry key is not hash protected though.

Brink, Apr 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Core Isolation Memory Integrity in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Core

2. Core Isolation Memory Integrity turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Core Isolation Memory Integrity turned off: Good morning,I recently upgraded my Nitro 5 RAM and ran into a couple issues afterward that, long story short, led me to turning off the memory integrity which I now know was not the issue. The issue resolved as I discovered I had a bunch of outdated drivers, and the issue...
  3. Core Isolation Memory Integrity turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Core Isolation Memory Integrity turned off: Good morning,I recently upgraded my Nitro 5 RAM and ran into a couple issues afterward that, long story short, led me to turning off the memory integrity which I now know was not the issue. The issue resolved as I discovered I had a bunch of outdated drivers, and the issue...
  4. Memory integrity Core Isolation set to off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory integrity Core Isolation set to off: HiIm unable to turn on this feature on my Dell XPS 8930 running windows 11.I installed an old driver to use some hardware a week ago. whilst doing so i recall it said something about memory integrity but cant remember what it said exactlyI no longer use the hardware Line 6...
  5. Memory integrity Core Isolation set to off

Memory integrity Core Isolation set to off: HiIm unable to turn on this feature on my Dell XPS 8930 running windows 11.I installed an old driver to use some hardware a week ago. whilst doing so i recall it said something about memory integrity but cant remember what it said exactlyI no longer use the hardware Line 6...
  6. Core isolation memory integrity can't be turned on!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Core isolation memory integrity can't be turned on!!: Memory integrity can't be turned on but there are no incompatible drivers when I click review incompatible drivers .I tried using Autoruns and every driver was fine and none were highlighted.can anyone help me resolve this???...
  7. Core isolation memory integrity can't be turned on!!

Core isolation memory integrity can't be turned on!!: Memory integrity can't be turned on but there are no incompatible drivers when I click review incompatible drivers .I tried using Autoruns and every driver was fine and none were highlighted.can anyone help me resolve this???...
  8. How to turn off core isolation and memory integrity?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off core isolation and memory integrity?: I need to turn off core isolation and memory integrity however I can't as it says this setting is managed by your administrator. How do I fix this?...
  9. How to turn off core isolation and memory integrity?

How to turn off core isolation and memory integrity?: I need to turn off core isolation and memory integrity however I can't as it says this setting is managed by your administrator. How do I fix this?...
  10. How to Turn Off Core Isolation Memory Integrity in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Turn Off Core Isolation Memory Integrity in Windows 10: Hi ! I need to turn off the core isolation in windows 10. I have a samsung rf511 laptop with 2nd gen. I turned it on a couple of hours back and since then the Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 is encountering a driver problem. I am the Administrator of my laptop and this message...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. core isolation wont turn on

2. memory integrity on or off

3. local policy to turn off memory isolation

4. core isolation and logitec drivers,
  5. download file for turn off core isolation,
  6. windows security memory integrity setting keeps turning on,
  7. core isolation integrity greyed out,
  8. tur off core isloation off in wudiws 10,
  9. why ic cannot start memory integrity?,
  10. core isolation performance impact,
  11. core isolation in windows should i turn it on\,