Windows 10: Turn On or Off Core Isolation Memory Integrity in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Core Isolation Memory Integrity in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; first of all excuse me for my english but i have some questions. So, if i don't misunderstand the MS article, device that meet the minimum... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Ita1, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Ita1 Win User

Turn On or Off Core Isolation Memory Integrity in Windows 10

first of all excuse me for my english but i have some questions.
    So, if i don't misunderstand the MS article, device that meet the minimum requirements have (part of) VBS enabled by default regardless of the type of installation (clean or upgrade) while HVCI depends on the type of installation performed?

Example (assuming that the device meets the minimum requirements):
    clean install→VBS, HVCI on
    upgrade→
    VBS on, HVCI off (even if it can be turned on post upgrade via memory integrity switch)

:)

2. Cannot disable Memory Integrity (Core Isolation) in RS4 Build 17123

Thanks you very much.

You avoided a reinstallation ;-)

EmmanuelLesne, Mar 21, 2018
  3. SarahKong Win User
    SarahKong, Mar 21, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Ita1, *Smile

I'm not sure either, but this setting has always been turned off by default for me so far.

Brink, Mar 21, 2018
  5. Ita1 Win User
    this setting = VBS, right?

What's the meaning than of "for older systems, customers will have the ability to opt in post upgrade using [...]"?

Older system=upgrade?

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yes, core isolation is VBS.

The line below means that they will be able to set it like in the tutorial.

Brink, Mar 21, 2018
  7. Ita1 Win User
    txs for your kind reply Brink!
    right
    yes but for devices that meet the minimum requirements otherwise the reliance on hardware would be useless.
    So, i think that older system should be explained as "system that come from an older branch" (eg 10 FCU) otherwise it doesn't make sense...

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
  9. Cliff S New Member
    From the article you linked Shawn:
    My Logitech webcam is one of those drivers that doesn't work now, with this turned on.

But, Microsoft provides their own generic drivers for webcams(in Device Manager), just basic ones with no frills, but enough to work in Skype.

Samsung and Logitech are notorious for not updating their certificates, so it is to be expected I guess*sarc

Cliff S, Apr 10, 2018
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Thank you for the heads up Cliff. *Smile

Brink, Apr 10, 2018
  11. Cliff S New Member
    Your welcome Shawn.
    I have upgraded my main system to the RP(yeah I couldn't wait*Redface) and now have the option, and turned it on.
    If the generic driver hadn't worked, I would have turned it off, but I don't need any of the extra features anyhow.
    By the way, one will need to do the same for the web cams mic also.

Cliff S, Apr 10, 2018
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hmm, this below is what I'm seeing in Windows 10 build 17639.

I'm unable to turn off "Memory integrity", but I do not have any group policies configured despite the red message below. *Confused

Turn On or Off Core Isolation Memory Integrity in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Brink, Apr 10, 2018
  13. Cliff S New Member

Yeah, after I turned it on, I have that too*Confused

And typical Microsoft non-help, this is what clicking "Learn More" gives you:

Which is why Ten Forums exists, and thrives*chuckle

Cliff S, Apr 10, 2018
  14. Cliff S New Member
    If you feel like experimenting, I found this:

set to 0
    Code: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard\Scenarios\HypervisorEnforcedCodeIntegrity[/quote]

Cliff S, Apr 10, 2018
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Thank you Cliff. I added that as Option Two.

I'm surprised the registry key is not hash protected though.

Brink, Apr 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Core Isolation Memory Integrity in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Core

2. Windows memory integration

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows memory integration: I turned on memory integration and now i can't boot into Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-memory-integration/0dba0d02-b98d-4d0d-9633-6077dc13d279
  3. Core Isolation can't turn on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Core Isolation can't turn on: When I turn on this function and reboot as instructed, when power up, this function is off again ? Need Help Please !!![ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/core-isolation-cant-turn-on/e938a7ef-3a5f-4ca9-b5e1-1bed862f7216"
  4. Core Isolation

Core Isolation: When I turn on this function and reboot as instructed, when power up, this function is off again ? Need Help Please !!![ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/core-isolation/e938a7ef-3a5f-4ca9-b5e1-1bed862f7216"
  5. How to disable Core Isolation

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable Core Isolation: Hi, I am trying to install a software but i have to turn off "Core Isolation" in my surface pro before i can do so. Please provide steps on how to do so....
  6. How to Turn Off Core Isolation Memory Integrity in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Turn Off Core Isolation Memory Integrity in Windows 10: Hi ! I need to turn off the core isolation in windows 10. I have a samsung rf511 laptop with 2nd gen. I turned it on a couple of hours back and since then the Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 is encountering a driver problem. I am the Administrator of my laptop and this message...
  7. Memory integrity will not turn on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Memory integrity will not turn on: I tried to turn on Windows 10 Memory integrity core, under Device Security for Defender, but it won't let me saying there is a device incompatibilty. I know that all VMM is turned on in BIOS on my B75a-G43 , and virtual software is turned on in windows services as it had to...
  8. Windows memory integration

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows memory integration: I turned on memory integration and now i can't boot into Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-memory-integration/73fd972a-2d14-4b4e-97e9-69665315a147
  9. Memory Integrity in Core Isolation Performance hit and Weirdness

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Memory Integrity in Core Isolation Performance hit and Weirdness: Hi, I enabled this with the April Update on an I7 5820K and Gigabyte X99 SOC Champion motherboard and I'm noticing a substantial performance hit in some applications. Also, some general weirdness like games taking much longer to launch and the SFC tool getting stuck at 4% if...
  10. Cannot Turn On Core Isolation Memory Integrity in Settings

Cannot Turn On Core Isolation Memory Integrity in Settings: It should released be fairly soon - a few days/weeks probably as it is provisionally named "April update". No-one knows for sure (MS haven't said) - there is a whole 60+ page thread of speculation here which will presumably be updated once there is an announcement. Not too...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. local policy to turn off memory isolation

2. memory integrity on or off

3. core isolation and logitec drivers

4. windows 10 core isolation peformance hit,
  5. Cannot Turn On Core Isolation Memory Integrity in Settings,
  6. windows 10 should i turn on memory integrity,
  7. core isolation will not turn on,
  8. should i set core isolation on?,
  9. windows memory isolation turn on or off,
  10. disable core isolation windows 10,
  11. windows 10 disable core isolation,