Windows 10: Resize Tiles on Start Menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Resize Tiles on Start Menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Resize Tiles on Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Resize Tiles on Start Menu in Windows 10 Tiles on your Start menu are icons for modern... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by ordinercay, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Resize Tiles on Start Menu in Windows 10

How to: Resize Tiles on Start Menu in Windows 10

How to Resize Tiles on Start Menu in Windows 10

Tiles on your Start menu are icons for modern apps, desktop apps, and folders that you "Pin to Start".

Modern apps (ex: from the Store) can have live tiles that show updates from your friends, new email, app notifications, and the next appointment on your calendar at a glance, even without opening an app. Modern app tiles support being resized to small, medium, wide, or large.

Desktop apps and folders are basically act like shortcuts, and do not support live tiles. Desktop apps and folder tiles can support being resized to small or medium.

This tutorial will show you how to resize tiles for apps pinned to your Start menu to be small, medium, wide, or large in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1 While you have your Start menu open, right click or press and hold on the tile of a single pinned app (ex: Weather) on the Start screen.

2 Click/tap on Resize, and click/tap on an available size you want for the tile.

Resize Tiles on Start Menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

ordinercay, Sep 24, 2016
  2. GabijaA Win User

Unable to unpin, resize or rename tiles on Windows 10 Start menu

Original title:- Can't do anything with start menu tiles

I can't unpin or resize tiles in Windows 10 start menu. Also, I can't choose Show more tiles option and I can't rename tile sections.

GabijaA, Sep 24, 2016
  3. Zest2learn, Sep 24, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Resize Tiles on Start Menu in Windows 10

Hello ordinercay, *Smile

It is indeed up to the app author for what tile resize options are available for it. I've noticed that installed programs (not modern apps) pinned to Start usually don't have all options.

One way to test your theory is to install the same app in W8.1 and W10 to see if you get the same options in both.

Brink, Sep 24, 2016
Thema:

Resize Tiles on Start Menu in Windows 10

1. Resize Tiles on Start Menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Resize Tiles Start

2. Start Menu Resize

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu Resize: Can we change the Start Menu size in windows 11 like windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-resize/7f5168d4-be3a-4264-bedf-31c7dda8ada7
  3. Start Menu Resize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu Resize: Can we change the Start Menu size in windows 11 like windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-resize/7f5168d4-be3a-4264-bedf-31c7dda8ada7
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles

Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles: I have just had a Windows 10 Update 1st May 2021 and my People App tile has disappeared from the Start screen. It is not even listed in the alphabetical list of Apps. But I can still access People from the email account and the Calendar App. Is there any way I can get the...
  5. Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles: Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles I had a Windows update yesterday Saturday 14 November 2020. There is now no longer any background colour on most of the tiles on the Start menu. Most of them are now just a white background with black text. Looking at Settings,...
  6. Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles

Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles: Hi Team, I need to remove the Windows 10 Start Menu all the Tiles for particular domain user only through registry value. Please suggest the same. Regards Natarajan...
  7. Default start menu tile size. Bulk resize.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default start menu tile size. Bulk resize.: I've googled and binged, I've Duck souped and magellaned.... Surely Microsoft isn't so dimwitted so as to not provide the opportunity to set a default tile size (I prefer small) for start menu tiles. Or the ability to mass-resize (shift-click - something) so that the start...
  8. Resize start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Resize start menu: Hi Group I was able to resize the start menu in build 9926 using the registry hack. I see that the hack is there in 100041 and 100049. But I cant resize the start menu now. Anyone else have this problem. Thanks. 5160
  9. Resize Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Resize Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Resize Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Resize your Start Menu in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can resize the height and width of your Start menu. This tutorial will show you how to resize the height and width of your Start menu to what you want in Windows...
  10. Start Menu resizing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Start Menu resizing in Windows 10: The new Start menu is a hybrid of the Windows 7 menu and the features of Windows 8. With Live Tiles and traditional apps sitting side-by-side, it's a hybrid approach that will likely appease desktop users. One aspect that is also new, is that you can resize the Start menu,...