Windows 10: Turn On or Off Show My People Pops in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Show My People Pops in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Show My People Pops in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show My People Pops in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Show My People Pops in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Show My People Pops in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Show My People Pops in Windows 10

Starting with Windows 10 build 16184, there is a new People Bar icon on the taskbar notification area. Whether you want to share a photo, make plans for dinner, or get an answer from a friend or coworker My People is here to take it to the next level and bring the people you care about most to the center of your experience.

You can:
    • Pin your people to the taskbar – Some will be suggested to start with, or you can pick your own! (Note: you are currently limited to having 3 people pinned to your taskbar currently.)
    • View multiple communication apps together and filtered to each person on your taskbar.
    • Choose the app you want to use to chat and it’ll remember for next time.
    Starting with People Bar. When you receive emoji via Skype from your pinned contacts you can now watch them appear and animate right from the taskbar as "Shoulder Taps".

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off showing My People pops from your pinned contacts on the People Bar for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Show My People Pops on People Bar in Settings
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Show My People Pops on People Bar using a BAT file

EXAMPLE: My People Pops for pinned contacts on People Bar

Turn On or Off Show My People Pops in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Show My People Pops on People Bar in Settings
    1. Do step 2 (settings), step 3 (taskbar), or step 4 (People Bar) below from where you would like to open the People Bar settings from.

2. Open step 5 below.

3. Right click or press and hold on the taskbar, click/tap on Taskbar settings, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on the People icon on the taskbar, click/tap on the See more
    button, click/tap on People Bar settings, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

5. Click/tap on Taskbar on the left side in Settings, and turn on (default) or off Show Shoulder Taps under People on the right side for what you want. (see screenshot below)

*note Show people on the taskbar will need to be turned on to be able to turn on Show Shoulder Taps.

6. You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Show My People Pops on People Bar using a BAT file

*note The downloadable .bat files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\People\ShoulderTap

ShoulderTap DWORD

0 = Remove
    1 = Add

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To On Show My People Pops on People Bar
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_Shoulder_Taps_on_People_Bar.bat

Download

3. To Off Show My People Pops on People Bar
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_Shoulder_Taps_on_People_Bar.bat

Download
    4. Save the .bat file to your desktop.

5. Unblock the .bat file.

6. Run the .bat file.

7. You will now notice your screen flicker and a command prompt quickly opens and closes as explorer is restarted to apply the registry changes.

8. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .bat file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Dec 9, 2016

2. People Bar is not showing up.

Hi,

The missing People Bar could have been disabled when you turn off your computer. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• What is the last action taken before you turn off the computer?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 do you have installed on your computer?
    • Have you attempted to perform any of the troubleshooting steps?

To enable people icon on your taskbar, we suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

• Click on the Start button on Windows 10 and choose Settings.
    • Next, open the Settings app and choose Personalization icon.
    • select Taskbar to open all taskbar settings.
    • Look for People section, turn on Show people on the taskbar to show the People bar from the taskbar.

We look forward to your response and for the results for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Toydotgam Win User
    People Bar is not showing up.

I have noticed that the options are greyed out, so i can't turn them on but throught the grey they are on. I think it has been locked on by admin since at the top it says "*Some settings are controlled by your administrator". I tried to turn it on and off
    still but is hasn't worked.

Toydotgam, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  5. pallen38 Win User
    how to import people from Outlook.com to windows 10

Problem:
    · Had to restore computer to factory settings...lost everything. Found people at Outlook.com. Reinstalled Windows 10. Somehow that listing showed up in my computer's Windows 10 "people" app. But when start to list address nothing comes up automatically like before even thought the name I'm typing is in the People listing. Tried finding something like "Auto enter addresses" in settings, but see nothing. Any suggestions? I'd like to use my hundreds of people listed without having to look up and physically enter each one when I want to use it.

Suggested Solution:
    Open the "People" app and in the bottom left corner, click the gear icon
    Note the account name it is associated with
    Open the "Mail" app and confirm that under "Accounts" it is using the same

Resolution attempt:
    Opened people app, clicked on settings gear... two accounts listed Gmail & Cox (my isp), but not Outlook, which is one of the 3 mail accounts that are linked in my Windows 10 mail account. Tried to add an outlook account to people app using my email address and outlook password and tells me "account already exists". Still have to manually input any addresses. thoughts? Would "link profiles" or "share contact" options on individual listings help? thx

pallen38, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Show My People Pops in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Show

2. Windows 10 turns off and on automatically. Shows automatic repair screen but turns off...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 turns off and on automatically. Shows automatic repair screen but turns off...: My Windows 10 lenovo turns off and on automatically. First it shows 'preparing automatic repair' but turns off again before anything comes up. A few times Windows repair blue screen comes up but before I can pick any option it turns off again. At times i also manage to get...
  3. Is there any way to turn off this pop-up? It keeps showing up even though I turned off the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to turn off this pop-up? It keeps showing up even though I turned off the...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/doodja [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gteeo0/is_there_any_way_to_turn_off_this_popup_it_keeps/
  4. People not showing in people app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    People not showing in people app: Hi I have a contact that I cannot find and want to delete. When I type an email address, autofill puts the wrong email address. For example I want to send an email to abcdef@123, at some stage it autofills to abch@123. The contact is not in the People App so I can't...
  5. windows 10, how to turn off the pop up blocker ?

windows 10, how to turn off the pop up blocker ?: how do I turn off the pop up blockers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-how-to-turn-off-the-pop-up-blocker/7a305c7c-914f-490a-a413-506ff867d74f"
  6. Turn Off Pop ups

Turn Off Pop ups: how do i turn off "pop up blocker" so I can download some pictures? [Original Title: Pop ups] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/turn-off-pop-ups/f2406c90-371f-48b1-aa30-6f47c39db3b3
  7. my monitor turn off before showing windows 10 logo?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my monitor turn off before showing windows 10 logo?: so my monitor turns off after showing my ASUS logo and just before windows logo , i'm using dvi-d to connect the monitor to my pc , i'm using asus b450 prime plus motherboard and ryzen 2400g as APU with no external graphics card , could you please help me guys...
  8. Turn off ads that pop up?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off ads that pop up?: Recently I started getting pop up ads advertising stupid things like Terry Bradshaws ED drug. How do I stop them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-ads-that-pop-up/11364405-7e2d-4871-bbf7-e4c45a36ccf2
  9. Turn On or Off My People Suggested Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off My People Suggested Apps in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off My People Suggested Apps in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Showing My People App Suggestions in Windows 10 Starting in My People that you might be interested in as developers work to integrate My People support into their apps. This tutorial...
  10. Turn On or Off Play Sound for My People Pop in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Play Sound for My People Pop in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Play Sound for My People Pop in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Play Sound for My People Pop in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 16184, there is a new People Bar icon on the taskbar notification area. Whether you want to share a photo,...