Windows 10: Pin and Unpin People Contacts on Taskbar in Windows 10

Discus and support Pin and Unpin People Contacts on Taskbar in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Pin and Unpin People Contacts on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Pin and Unpin People Contacts on Taskbar in Windows 10 Starting with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cluster Head, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Pin and Unpin People Contacts on Taskbar in Windows 10

How to: Pin and Unpin People Contacts on Taskbar in Windows 10

How to Pin and Unpin People Contacts on Taskbar in Windows 10

Starting with Windows 10 build 16184, there is a new People Bar icon on the taskbar notification area. Whether you want to share a photo, make plans for dinner, or get an answer from a friend or coworker My People is here to take it to the next level and bring the people you care about most to the center of your experience.

You can:
    • Pin your people to the taskbar – Some will be suggested to start with, or you can pick your own! (Note: you are currently limited to having 3 people pinned to your taskbar currently.)
    • View multiple communication apps together and filtered to each person on your taskbar.
    • Choose the app you want to use to chat and it’ll remember for next time.
    Windows 10 build 16199 brings even more personal ways to stay in touch and share with the people closest to you.

Microsoft adding:
    • See emoji from your pinned contacts: When you receive emoji from your pinned contacts you can now watch them appear and animate right from the taskbar! Have one of your pinned contacts send you an emoji via Skype (for example “(hero)”) and see what happens! If you’d like to turn this off, open taskbar settings by right-clicking on the taskbar.
    • Notification Badging: The contacts pinned to your taskbar will now display a counter if there are unseen messages, ensuring you have at-a-glance access to communications you have missed from your pinned contacts. Note: You might need to update Skype to version 11.16.556.0 to see notification badges when new Skype messages come in.
    • People-first Sharing: You now have two easy ways to share with your people in Windows 10! Drag-and-drop files directly onto the contacts in your taskbar to start an email, or share directly to your contacts via the share picker by choosing from a list recommended people to email.
    Starting with Windows 10 build 16226, My People has gotten the following improvements:
    • Microsoft added text to the overflow area in the People flyout to make it more clear the people listed there are pinned.
    • Microsoft updated the “Switch apps” button in the People flyout to now use the a hamburger icon, to make it more visually distinct from the back button.
    • If you right-click the taskbar, you’ll now find an option to easily turn on or off People.
    • Microsoft fixed an issue from the last flight where the People flyout would crash if you tapped “Find and pin contacts”.
    Starting with Windows 10 build 17063, you can now drag and drop contacts to rearrange them in the taskbar. You can also drop contacts into and out of the People flyout. Note: as part of this feature change, when you upgrade, if you have multiple contacts pinned to taskbar you will notice that their order will reverse direction on the taskbar.

People pinned to the taskbar will not show unless you have the People Bar turned on.

You are currently limited to having 3 contacts pinned to the taskbar on the People bar.
    • Only the first 3 contacts you pin to the taskbar will show by default.
    • If you pinned more than 3 contacts to the taskbar, then the pinned contacts over the first 3 pinned will only show in the order you pinned them when you unpin contacts already showing.
    See: Change how many My People Contacts can be Pinned to Taskbar in Windows 10

This tutorial will show you how to pin and unpin People contacts on the taskbar for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

EXAMPLE: People contacts pinned to taskbar

Pin and Unpin People Contacts on Taskbar in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Pin People to Taskbar in People app
    1. Open the People app.
    2. Open the contact you want to pin to the taskbar, click/tap on the Pin
    button, and click/tap on Pin to Taskbar. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on Pin to confirm. (see screenshot below)

4. When finished, you can close the People app if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Unpin People from Taskbar in People app
    1. Open the People app.
    2. Open the contact you want to pin to the taskbar, click/tap on the Pin
    button, and click/tap on Unpin to Taskbar. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on Unpin to confirm. (see screenshot below)

4. When finished, you can close the People app if you like.

OPTION THREE [/i] To Pin People to Taskbar in People Bar
    1. Click/tap on the People icon on the taskbar to open the People Bar. (see screenshots below)

2. In People, click/tap on a contact you want to pin to the taskbar.

*note If the contact you want to pin is not in the suggested list, then you can click/tap on More contacts at the bottom to see all of your contacts.

3. The contact will now open and automatically be pinned to the taskbar. (see screenshot below)

4. You can now close the contact if you like.

OPTION FOUR [/i] To Directly Unpin People from Taskbar in People Bar
    1. Right click or press and hold on a contact in the People Bar you want to unpin, and click/tap on Unpin from the Taskbar. (see screenshot below)

OPTION FIVE [/i] To Unpin People from Taskbar in People Bar
    1. Click/tap on a contact in the People Bar you want to unpin to open it. (see screenshot below)
    2. Click/tap on the More options
    button, and click/tap on Unpin from the Taskbar.

]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Cluster Head, Jun 1, 2016
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Oct 26, 2019
  3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Thanks Josey Wales,

I can pin and unpin People contacts to the taskbar without problems, but these contacts will still show up on the "Pin suggested" list. It's this list I want to clear, because some contacts or double and some are dummy contacts. It's not that big of a deal, but it's rather annoying to have them suggested to me.

JayPhi, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Pin and Unpin People Contacts on Taskbar in Windows 10

Josey Wales, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Edwin Win User
    Change how many People Contacts can be Pinned to Taskbar in Windows 10

@Brink
    It might be prudent to include, in the tutorial, the ability to use an extensive CapacityOfPeopleBar value, then 'Put everyone in overflow';
    then you will have an extensive, unified list in the Overflow Menu and no random 'suggestions', as well as the ability to 'drag to order'.
    The setting will remain and survive a reboot etc, while the Reg setting defaults to 0.

Of course, I'll leave it up to your good judgement! *Wink

Edwin, Oct 26, 2019
  6. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Query re pinning and unpinning apps to taskbar

I tried using Edge and as I liked it I right clicked the app listing and the pinned it to the taskbar.

What I want to know is how to put that Edge listing back with the other apps because if I unpin it from the taskbar how does one reattach Edge to the listings.

ICIT2LOL, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Pin and Unpin People Contacts on Taskbar in Windows 10

1. Pin and Unpin People Contacts on Taskbar in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Pin Unpin Contacts

2. Pin contacts to taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin contacts to taskbar: Hiso on windows 11 u guys moved the people app to mail app which is a dumb move in my opinion. but why when i try to pin a contact to taskbar it shows the "do you want to pin a contact to the taskbar" message, and when i click yes nothing happens.when i want to try it again...
  3. Pin contacts to taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin contacts to taskbar: Hiso on windows 11 u guys moved the people app to mail app which is a dumb move in my opinion. but why when i try to pin a contact to taskbar it shows the "do you want to pin a contact to the taskbar" message, and when i click yes nothing happens.when i want to try it again...
  4. Pinning/Unpinning Apps to the taskbar no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinning/Unpinning Apps to the taskbar no longer working: I'm at the end of my rope trying to fix this. Not sure "when" this started by I can no longer pin apps to the taskbar nor can I unpin apps that are already pinned. I don't even have the "option" to attempt either action. When I right click on an app that is in the taskbar I...
  5. How to prevent Pinning or Unpinning of Taskbar items in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent Pinning or Unpinning of Taskbar items in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you how to enable or disable the unpinning […] This article How to prevent Pinning or Unpinning of Taskbar items in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Title Taskbar Pin/Unpin functionality upgrade!?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Title Taskbar Pin/Unpin functionality upgrade!?: In saving grace of search results and finds who wants to have pin to title no sooner to find that it didn't work... online Fair Trade Act Program for functionality community outreach ASAP purchase value common wealth software vs. landmine non-disposable computer devises....
  7. Can't pin or unpin apps to the taskbar!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't pin or unpin apps to the taskbar!: My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 13 7000, updated to Windows 10 Home version 1083. I am having trouble pinning and unpinning apps to my taskbar. The issue is a bit hard to explain, but I will try my best to describe it. I've also attached screenshots to help clarify. When I...
  8. 'Pin to taskbar' and 'Unpin from taskbar' Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    'Pin to taskbar' and 'Unpin from taskbar' Apps in Windows 10: How to: 'Pin to taskbar' and 'Unpin from taskbar' Apps in Windows 10 How to "Pin to taskbar" and "Unpin from taskbar" Apps in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default....
  9. Change how many People Contacts can be Pinned to Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change how many People Contacts can be Pinned to Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Change how many People Contacts can be Pinned to Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Change how many People Contacts can be Pinned to Taskbar in Windows 10 Starting with People icon and bar that can show on the taskbar notification area. Whether you want to share a...
  10. Can't Pin or Unpin to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Pin or Unpin to Taskbar: I just noticed today that I am unable to right click on an item on the taskbar making it not possible to pin or unpin. Is this happening to anyone else or is it just me? 21007

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edit contacts in windows 10