Windows 10: Tutorial to add I.E. icon to desktop did not work

Discus and support Tutorial to add I.E. icon to desktop did not work in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I ran the utility, in the Tutorials, to add I.E. 11 to desktop and it did not work. I ran the utility and per instructions refreshed the desktop but no... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by fireberd, Jan 11, 2016.

1. fireberd Win User

Tutorial to add I.E. icon to desktop did not work

I ran the utility, in the Tutorials, to add I.E. 11 to desktop and it did not work. I ran the utility and per instructions refreshed the desktop but no Icon. I then rebooted and still no icon. I ran the utility again and still did not add icon.

I.E. 11 is activated and I can access it via Edge.

Win 10 Pro, 1511, 10586.11

:)

fireberd, Jan 11, 2016
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 11, 2016
  3. Windows 10: What are the tags on desktop icons?

Does a right-click, Refresh on the desktop help?

Are these icons actually shortcuts? i.e. did they have the small blue arrow in a white square on them originally?

Or if you right-click and click properties, is there a shortcut tab?

If so, it may be that the shortcut ICON needs to be reset as per - Shortcut Arrow Icon - Change, Remove, or Restore in Windows 10

If that didn't help, try a full ICON cache rebuild - Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10

George222(2), Jan 11, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jan 11, 2016
  5. Kari Win User
    Type or copy paste this to File Explorer addressbar:
    Code: %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories[/quote] Copy the Internet Explorer shortcut icon and simply paste it to desktop, alternatively you can send the shortcut to desktop by right clicking the shortcut, selecting Send to, and finally selecting Desktop:

Tutorial to add I.E. icon to desktop did not work [​IMG]

(Click to enlarge.)

6. fireberd Win User
    Brink, yes. Did what the tutorial listed.

Kari, that worked. Thanks!

Jack

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Tutorial to add I.E. icon to desktop did not work - Similar Threads - Tutorial add icon

2. Add desktop icon Without Activating Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add desktop icon Without Activating Windows: How to add desktop icon "This PC" in Window 11 Without Activating Windows? Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-desktop-icon-without-activating-windows/a87897e3-832a-4812-8af3-be7628afb1ca
  3. Add desktop icon Without Activating Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add desktop icon Without Activating Windows: How to add desktop icon "This PC" in Window 11 Without Activating Windows? Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-desktop-icon-without-activating-windows/a87897e3-832a-4812-8af3-be7628afb1ca
  4. Desktop icons not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop icons not working: My desktop icons, start button and folders are not opening when I click on them. When I click the cursor spins for a second or two and then nothing happens. I have restarted several times and that has not helped....
  5. how to add an icon to the desktop? (September 2020)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to add an icon to the desktop? (September 2020): Has anyone been able to add a new icon to the desktop (that wasn't part of program install process)??? Ever since the most recent update (this post is as of September 5, 2020), I haven't been able to add an icon to the desktop. This is very stupid and frustrating. I miss the...
  6. I did not add this account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I did not add this account: Win 10 Home v2004 x64 Hello, I never Add ASP.NET machine Account Can I remove it? Thanks [img] 163393
  7. DVD Drive E: CCCOMA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV9 icon on Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DVD Drive E: CCCOMA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV9 icon on Desktop: This icon showed up on desktop after getting help from Microsoft support in India for installing Windows 10, as it would not install when I tried. I tried to delete the icon from desktop but get message that 'action can't be completed as file is open in system'. What is...
  8. Add App icon in Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add App icon in Desktop: how to you put an app icon on desktop [Original Title: Desktop] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/add-app-icon-in-desktop/c6c0d6ae-5301-411f-b72e-c2da93a0c2ac
  9. How Do I Add Bluetooth Icon to Desktop or Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Add Bluetooth Icon to Desktop or Menu?: How can I add a bluetooth icon to the menu or the desktop in win 10? 84017
  10. how to add desktop icons to sysprep image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to add desktop icons to sysprep image: Can you tell me how to keep the icons I set in my customized windows 10 image. I add them and do a sysprep with copyprofile but when i image the new computer, my desktop and network, and user - etc icons are not there. Also can you or someone show me how to keep the "select...