Windows 10: Updating App&Browser Control over Registry/Policy Editor

Discus and support Updating App&Browser Control over Registry/Policy Editor in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am trying to setup Docker on my machine, and ran into the problem resolved by... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Shameer KC, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Updating App&Browser Control over Registry/Policy Editor

I am trying to setup Docker on my machine, and ran into the problem resolved by https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ee5b1d6b-09e2-49f3-a52c-820aafc316f9/hyperv-doesnt-work-after-upgrade-to-windows-10-1809?forum=win10itprovirt

But the issue is in my "Windows Security", the "App & Browser Control" item is not listed, which was raised in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...n/f7c841eb-140b-4e71-86ef-8d45375ba763?auth=1

I still did not get any clear answer for the topic. So my question is, is there any way I can add the vmcompute to the program settings from backend (maybe Group Policy Editor or Registry Editor).

Thank you in advance for your help...

:)

Shameer KC, Nov 13, 2019

2. group policy editor

Hi Tony,

Group Policy Editor in Windows is a tool to help you manage policy settings. Here's how you can access the Local Group Policy Editor:

• Press Win+R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc, and then click OK.

Let us know how else we can help.

Patricia Yu, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions in Local Group Policy Editor

How to Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web.

The Address bar drop-down functionality in Microsoft Edge allows showing suggested search results when typing in the Microsoft Edge address bar (suggestions list).

If you like, you can configure the Allow Address bar drop-down list suggestions group policy setting that lets you decide whether the Address bar drop-down functionality is available in Microsoft Edge. Microsoft recommends disabling this setting if you want to minimize network connections from Microsoft Edge to Microsoft services.

If you enable or don't configure this setting, users can see the Address bar drop-down functionality in Microsoft Edge.

If you disable this setting, users won't see the Address bar drop-down functionality in Microsoft Edge. This setting also disables the user-defined setting, Show search and site suggestions as I type in Microsoft Edge settings.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the Address bar drop-down list suggestions functionality in Microsoft Edge for all users in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable the Address bar drop-down functionality in Microsoft Edge.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions enabled and disabled

Updating App&Browser Control over Registry/Policy Editor [​IMG]

OPTION ONE
    Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions in Local Group Policy Editor

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option TWO below.

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Microsoft Edge

3. In the right pane of Microsoft Edge in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Allow Address bar drop-down list suggestions policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you want.

5. To Enable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions
    A) Select (dot) Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. You can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

8. If Microsoft Edge is currently open, then close and reopen it to apply.

OPTION TWO
    Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry keys below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftEdge\Main

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftEdge\Main

ShowOneBox DWORD

delete = Enable
    0 = Disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you want.

2. To Enable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_Microsoft_Edge_address_bar_drop-down_list_suggestions.reg

3. To Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_Microsoft_Edge_address_bar_drop-down_list_suggestions.reg

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

8. If Microsoft Edge is currently open, then close and reopen it to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Updating App&Browser Control over Registry/Policy Editor

Enable or Disable Steps Recorder in Local Group Policy Editor

How to Enable or Disable Steps Recorder in Windows

post or send this record to a support professional to help them diagnose the problem.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable Steps Recorder for all users in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable Steps Recorder.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Steps Recorder in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Steps Recorder using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Steps Recorder

OPTION ONE
    Enable or Disable Steps Recorder in Local Group Policy Editor

*note In Windows 7, the Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise editions.

In Windows 8, the Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Pro and Enterprise editions.

In Windows 10, the Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two.
    1. Open the all users except administrators Local Group Policy Editor for how you want this policy applied.

2. In the left pane of the Local Group Policy Editor, click/tap on to expand User Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, and Application Compatibility. (see screenshot below)

3. In the right pane of Application Compatibility, double click/tap on the Turn off Steps Recorder policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable Steps Recorder
    A) Select (dot) either Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Disable Steps Recorder
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO
    Enable or Disable Steps Recorder using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppCompat

DisableUAR DWORD

(delete) = Enable
    1 = Disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Steps Recorder
    *note This is the default setting.

Enable_Steps_Recorder.reg

3. To Disable Steps Recorder

Disable_Steps_Recorder.reg

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Updating App&Browser Control over Registry/Policy Editor

1. Updating App&Browser Control over Registry/Policy Editor - Similar Threads - Updating App&Browser Control

2. How to add a Windows Update group policy in the registry editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add a Windows Update group policy in the registry editor: Hi,I need to configure a NoAutoUpdate setting for windows update.However WindowsUpdate policy is missing in the registry editor. My understanding is that it should be here: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\but that the WindowsUpdate registry key doesn't...
  3. How to add a Windows Update group policy in the registry editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add a Windows Update group policy in the registry editor: Hi,I need to configure a NoAutoUpdate setting for windows update.However WindowsUpdate policy is missing in the registry editor. My understanding is that it should be here: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\but that the WindowsUpdate registry key doesn't...
  4. Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry Editor: I am trying to turn on my kernel-mode hardware-enforced stack protection, got to the Registry Editor and do to how sensitive this is I would like to ask if I should make a new FeatureSettings called FeatureSettingsOverride? I was following what it says here...
  5. Turn on App & browser control via Group Policy or the registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn on App & browser control via Group Policy or the registry: In the latest version of Windows 10 Pro 20H2 at the moment, is there a way to turn on App & browser control via LOCAL Group Policy or the registry? I need "On" to be the default when a new user logs into a computer.I know how to turn it on while logged into an account but...
  6. Turn on App & browser control via Group Policy or the registry

Turn on App & browser control via Group Policy or the registry: In the latest version of Windows 10 Pro 20H2 at the moment, is there a way to turn on App & browser control via LOCAL Group Policy or the registry? I need "On" to be the default when a new user logs into a computer.I know how to turn it on while logged into an account but...
  7. Turn on App & browser control via Group Policy or the registry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Registry Editor

Registry Editor: So I was looking for a way to optimize my pc's gaming performance and I tried optimization tweaks and mistakingly messed wth the registry editor and permissions so if i try to open file explorer or most windows apps like RunTimeBroker it says i either don't have it installed...
  9. Update changed Registry. Without Policy Editor, I cannot correct.

Update changed Registry. Without Policy Editor, I cannot correct.: After a recent Windows 11 update, I discovered that something had changed the registry and stopped accessing the most recently used Excel Data file. I have the Home Edition of Windows 11 which lacks the Local Policy Editor so I cannot change it back. Any HELP?...
  10. Update changed Registry. Without Policy Editor, I cannot correct.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update changed Registry. Without Policy Editor, I cannot correct.: After a recent Windows 11 update, I discovered that something had changed the registry and stopped accessing the most recently used Excel Data file. I have the Home Edition of Windows 11 which lacks the Local Policy Editor so I cannot change it back. Any HELP?...