Windows 10: Why does selecting system in windows settings turn off my nvidia color settings?

Discus and support Why does selecting system in windows settings turn off my nvidia color settings? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I select the system option in windows settings my nvidia color profile goes back to default. Is there a way to keep this from happening? This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HunkHills, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Why does selecting system in windows settings turn off my nvidia color settings?

Whenever I select the system option in windows settings my nvidia color profile goes back to default. Is there a way to keep this from happening?

This is on windows version 1903

Video

submitted by /u/HunkHills
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HunkHills, Nov 4, 2019
  2. Romel Ram Win User

color settings

Hi,

We understand that you'd like to reset the color settings of your computer to default.

If you're referring to the color settings of the monitor, you can check the device manual for instructions or contact the manufacturer for assistance.

However, if you're referring to the color settings in Windows, you can type
    Color Management
    on the search option and select it from the list. Click
    Advanced, click Change system defaults.

In addition, if you have turned on the high contrast mode, we recommend turning it off using the steps
    here.

Kindly post back if you have further concerns.

Romel Ram, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Select a Suggested Text Cursor Indicator Color in Settings

How to Change Text Cursor Indicator Color in Windows 10

The cursor is that blinking line at the end of what you are typing in Windows.

Have you ever had an issue finding the text cursor in the middle of a large amount of text, during a presentation, or on the screen in an educational setting?

Starting with select from a range of sizes for the text cursor indicator and make it a color easy for you to see. Or, personalize the color of your text cursor indicator to your personal preference.

Known issues
    • Text cursor indicator color and size might not persist when you sign in. To work around that, simply turn off and turn on the Use text cursor indicator setting again.
    • Occasionally, you might see that the text cursor indicator stay on the screen or reappear after the app has been closed or the page contents have scrolled away.
    Starting with Windows 10 build 18956, changes to the text cursor indicator can now be viewed on the fly in a new preview pane when changing the size or color in the Text cursor page in Ease of Access.

This tutorial will show you how to change the text cursor indicator color to a custom color of your choice for your account in Windows 10.

Why does selecting system in windows settings turn off my nvidia color settings? [​IMG]
    Tip The current text cursor indicator color is stored in the IndicatorColor DWORD value for the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Accessibility\CursorIndicator

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Select a Suggested Text Cursor Indicator Color in Settings
    • Option Two: Pick a Custom Text Cursor Indicator Color in Settings

EXAMPLE: Text cursor indicator

Why does selecting system in windows settings turn off my nvidia color settings? [​IMG]

OPTION ONE
    Select a Suggested Text Cursor Indicator Color in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Ease of Access icon.

2. Click/tap on Text cursor on the left side, and click/tap on a Suggested text cursor indicator color you want to select (check) under the Use text cursor indicator section on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO
    Pick a Custom Text Cursor Indicator Color in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Ease of Access icon.

2. Click/tap on Text cursor on the left side, and click/tap on Pick a custom text cursor indicator color under the Use text cursor indicator section on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. Select a color you want. (see screenshot below)

4. Adjust the slider to customize the selected color, and click/tap on Done when the current color indicator is what you want. (see screenshot below)

Tip If you would like to enter a known RGB or HSV color value for your custom color instead, click/tap on More, select RGB or HSV, enter the custom color values, and click/tap on Done.

5. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Why does selecting system in windows settings turn off my nvidia color settings?

Color Calibration and gamma settings keep resetting !!!

Hi John,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Since when are you facing this issue?

One of the possible reasons for this behavior is that graphics drivers haven’t been updated and the manufacturer hasn’t released any updates for the graphics card recently. However, we can try some steps and see if we can
    get it to work.

Method 1: Disable Game Bar

Windows 10 Game Bar is aimed to enhance the gaming experience for game players, it could sometimes break the color calibration and ICC color profile.

Go to Settings->Gaming->Game bar.

Turn off Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar.

Method 2: Turn off Night Light

Go to settings->System->Display.

Under Color, toggle the Night light switch to off position.

Method 3: Install older version of NVidia graphics driver

Rollback the NVidia graphics driver (to older version) and see if the calibration settings can be set using the NVidia control panel.

I also suggest to refer to the suggestions provided by Monica Cam, dated December 28, 2016 in:
    Display Color Calibration won't stay locked, keeps chnaging

Hope it helps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Why does selecting system in windows settings turn off my nvidia color settings?

1. Why does selecting system in windows settings turn off my nvidia color settings? - Similar Threads - Why does selecting

2. Why does my streaming hdr video setting keep on turning off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my streaming hdr video setting keep on turning off?: I have an iMac 2017 model running bootcamp and I use display port 1.2 to connect to my ASUS tuf monitor. I'm not quite so sure as to why this particular setting keeps on turning off. I make sure to disconnect my iMac display so it wont interfere with the hdr process. I have...
  3. Why does my streaming hdr video setting keep on turning off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my streaming hdr video setting keep on turning off?: I have an iMac 2017 model running bootcamp and I use display port 1.2 to connect to my ASUS tuf monitor. I'm not quite so sure as to why this particular setting keeps on turning off. I make sure to disconnect my iMac display so it wont interfere with the hdr process. I have...
  4. Why will my night light not turn off despite my going into the settings and turning it off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why will my night light not turn off despite my going into the settings and turning it off?: I was in the middle of a game when my computer visuals switched to the night light. I rarely ever use it and do not have it set to automatically turn on. Nothing I have tried has succeeded in turning it off....
  5. Why will my night light not turn off despite my going into the settings and turning it off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why will my night light not turn off despite my going into the settings and turning it off?: I was in the middle of a game when my computer visuals switched to the night light. I rarely ever use it and do not have it set to automatically turn on. Nothing I have tried has succeeded in turning it off....
  6. Nvidia color settings disabled after I turn on my pc monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nvidia color settings disabled after I turn on my pc monitor: When I boot my pc the nvidia color settings that I made using the nvidia control panel load correctly, sometimes I have to turn off my monitor to do something else but when I return and turn the monitor on, the changes I made with nvidia control panel doesn't load and I am...
  7. Why is my laptop doing this? Does this relate to color settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my laptop doing this? Does this relate to color settings?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Fred37196 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kql9rc/why_is_my_laptop_doing_this_does_this_relate_to/
  8. Anyone knows why going into System settings reset my color settings in NVP?

Anyone knows why going into System settings reset my color settings in NVP?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/blackworms [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hfjaee/anyone_knows_why_going_into_system_settings_reset/
  9. Why NVIDIA Desktop Color Settings not applying in Windows 10 Pro?

Why NVIDIA Desktop Color Settings not applying in Windows 10 Pro?: Just finished updating my Windows 10 Pro from build 1511 to 1903. I noticed that my usual NVIDIA color settings aren't applying, more specifically when: the computer boots up I alt+tab while gaming, or exiting said game. I run said games a second time even without...
  10. Settings > System turns off by itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings > System turns off by itself: When I select my Settings > System. The page turns off after about 30 seconds which is very frustrating. Can this be easily rectified? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-system-turns-off-by-itself/30821cd2-71ab-4ead-83a9-932e25ca4c8b