Windows 10: Windows 10 Snip and Sketch as a photo viewer?

Discus and support Windows 10 Snip and Sketch as a photo viewer? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Now that Snip and Sketch is the default photo application, is there a way to browse through my photos? I used to use the Photo Viewer, and it had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KristieWerth, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Snip and Sketch as a photo viewer?

Now that Snip and Sketch is the default photo application, is there a way to browse through my photos? I used to use the Photo Viewer, and it had 'next' and 'back' arrows to look through all of the photos in a folder. This new app doesn't seem to have that. I was going to set Photo Viewer back to the default, but it no longer works (when I try to open with Photo Viewer, I get an error that the application timed out). Any tips or advice would be appreciated!

:)

KristieWerth, Nov 2, 2019

2. Snip & Sketch keeps overriding clipboard

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with the Snip and Sketch app on Windows 10.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. Which version of Windows is running on your device?

Refer the article Which Windows operating system am I running to know about
    the information.

Here are the few steps you can try to fix the issue.

Method 1

Refer the article Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    and try the suggested steps and check if the issue still persists. If the issue still persists try with the method 2.

Method 2

Reset Snip & Sketch app

1. Press Windows + I key and click on
      Apps
    2. Click on Apps & features. Select Sketch & Snip app from the available list of installed apps.
    3. Click on Snip & Sketch > Advanced Options.
    4. Click on Reset option.
    5. Restart the computer once and check the status of the issue.
    6. Let us know if the issue still persists.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Forums

Muralidhar_G, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Turn On or Off Snip Outline in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10  

How to Turn On or Off Snip Outline in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10

The Snip & Sketch app included in Windows 10 allows you to quickly annotate screenshots, photos and other images with your pen, touch, or mouse and save, paste or share with other apps.

Starting with take a snip using the Snip & Sketch app.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off adding an outline to snips in the Snip & Sketch app for your account in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open the Snip & Sketch app.

2. Click/tap on the See more (3 dots) button at the top right, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

Windows 10 Snip and Sketch as a photo viewer? [​IMG]

3. Do step 4 (off) or step 5 (on) below for what you want to do.

4. Turn Off Snip Outline in Snip & Sketch app
    A) Turn off Snip outline, and go to step 6 below. (see screenshot below)

5. Turn On Snip Outline in Snip & Sketch app
    A) Turn on Snip outline. (see screenshot below)

B) Click/tap on the Color square, select a color you want for the outline, and click/tap on an empty area in Snip & Sketch settings. (see screenshots below)

C) Adjust the Thickness slider to the level number you want for the outline, and go to step 6 below. (see screenshot below)

6. You can now close the Snip & Sketch app if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Snip and Sketch as a photo viewer?

Snip and Sketch Awkward

Use Windows+shift+s to launch Snip and Sketch. Can snip a screenshot.

Now the problem is this: after snipping the screen shot, it does not automatically appear in the Snip and Sketch app. So I open Snip and Sketch and there's nothing on it.

So I have choose 'new' and snip the screen yet again.

I recall using this once and taking a screenshot and voila! Snip and Sketch appeared with the screen shot duly in the app's workspace, ready for annotations and saving etc. This facility has disappeared. I have re-set it according to instructions, and even
    reinstalled it - yet the problem persists.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

StephenAustinHK, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Snip and Sketch as a photo viewer?

1. Windows 10 Snip and Sketch as a photo viewer? - Similar Threads - Snip Sketch photo

2. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  3. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  4. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Photos Viewer, Snip & Sketch, Paint 3d is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos Viewer, Snip & Sketch, Paint 3d is not working: As Shown below all three apps appears as white boxes and I can't see photos as thumbnails, I have to open it individually. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-viewer-snip-sketch-paint-3d-is-not-working/e400acf0-76f7-4e7e-a786-9a3abc1fa891
  6. Photos Viewer, Snip & Sketch, Paint 3d is not working

Photos Viewer, Snip & Sketch, Paint 3d is not working: As Shown below all three apps appears as white boxes and I can't see photos as thumbnails, I have to open it individually. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-viewer-snip-sketch-paint-3d-is-not-working/e400acf0-76f7-4e7e-a786-9a3abc1fa891
  7. WIndows 10 Snip and Sketch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows 10 Snip and Sketch: Hi everyone,This is a very weird problem that I'm facing. Suddenly, since last week the snip and sketch app is opening up on its own. When I'm in a browser or any other application, the snip and sketch automatically opens up, just as if I had pressed WIndows+Shift+S.Then...
  8. WIndows 10 Snip and Sketch

WIndows 10 Snip and Sketch: Hi everyone,This is a very weird problem that I'm facing. Suddenly, since last week the snip and sketch app is opening up on its own. When I'm in a browser or any other application, the snip and sketch automatically opens up, just as if I had pressed WIndows+Shift+S.Then...
  9. Photos, Snip and Sketch Tool Not Saving

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos, Snip and Sketch Tool Not Saving: I first received an error message when trying to save a cropped image from Photos that prompted I did not have permission to save changes to this type of file. The prompt suggests making a copy, which does not work either.Today I tried using the snip and sketch tool to show...
  10. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.: Downloaded the 1809 version of windows 10, no problems except that the new "Snip and sketch" app doesn't save anything. Get a message telling me " Something went wrong" all of the time. The app will not allow me to change permission to access pictures either. Did reset it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Snip & sketch hijacked my Photo Viewer as Your Default Image Viewer

2. how to see my pics i took snips on snip and sketch