Windows 10: Windows 10 under vpn leak isp dns

Discus and support Windows 10 under vpn leak isp dns in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The problem with Windows 10 under VPN at check on the websites dnsleaktest or other I see IP VPN of service but DNS which has to be VPN of service I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AntonN1, Mar 8, 2019.

1. AntonN1 Win User

Windows 10 under vpn leak isp dns

The problem with Windows 10 under VPN at check on the websites dnsleaktest or other I see IP VPN of service but DNS which has to be VPN of service I see DNS of the provider. I tried 3 different provider, 3 different VPN of service and all the same problem I see the DNS. A friend who uses the same services has no problems with leakage and he uses the same Assembly of Windows 10. Contacted Microsoft support but they can't help all the time trying to sell me paid support or offering strange tips to reinstall or check RAM. Can someone help me or not ? The problem is clearly not in the VPN service and not a provider. And i trying this

Open Administrative Templates -> Network -> DNS Client and then find the "Turn off smart multi-homed name resolution" entry

Not helped me. Windows home 1803 build.

:)

AntonN1, Mar 8, 2019

2. Windows 10 DNS leak

Sorry if this has been addressed previously but on moving to W10 I've noticed my VPN (Freedome) no longer is sufficient to stop DNS leaks. I know it's to do with the parallel DNS resolution nature of W10 but I'd like to know what VPN works with W10 to prevent DNS leaks and/or if someone can take me through the process of using an Open VPN based config.

I tried installing Open VPN but my knowledge base on that front is too minimal and I get quickly lost.

Any ideas?

Or do I just get an Open VPN based product and insert the fix-dns-leak.dll from ValdikSS?

the54thvoid, Mar 8, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    74 VPNs Tested for IP, DNS & WebRTC Leaks (15 Leaking)

Read more: 74 VPNs Tested for IP, DNS WebRTC Leaks (15 Leaking) | TheBestVPN.com

Windows 10 under vpn leak isp dns [​IMG]
    Tip

Brink, Mar 8, 2019
  4. Windows 10 under vpn leak isp dns

Windows 10 DNS leak

No, went with a different 3rd party suggestion. Works better. I'm reliant on others for my tech needs that way.

the54thvoid, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 under vpn leak isp dns

1. Windows 10 under vpn leak isp dns - Similar Threads - under vpn leak

2. Is this the ISP's DNS at fault?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is this the ISP's DNS at fault?: We have two routers in our house, one is for a sort of VPN (smartdnsproxy), which is hardwire ethernet connected into the router supplied by our ISP Several times a day when I type a url then "not found". Using a command window I type ping (whatever.com) and back comes Ping...
  3. DNS only VPN for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DNS only VPN for windows 10?: Is there any vpn only for dns? My isp blocked reddit so I want to use 1.1.1.1 but I can't figure it out how to use it on Dial-Up connection (pppoe). I changed dns on ipv4 but doesn't work that way. I tried on my phone using 1.1.1.1 app it worked. If there was an app only for...
  4. Windows 10 AlwaysOn VPN & DNS registration/resolution

Windows 10 AlwaysOn VPN & DNS registration/resolution: Hi there, I'm setting up AlwaysOn VPN device tunnel with split tunnelling. All clients are Windows 10 Enterprise 1909, RRAS servers are Windows Server 2019 Standard. XML profile is push through Microsoft Endpoint Management custom configuration profile. By custom profile...
  5. Windows 10/7 VPN DNS issues

Windows 10/7 VPN DNS issues: Hi experts, Recently I find an interesting symptom. Probably not a news to you but I can't find a related posting online. When connecting to a VPN server, embedded NIC still use ISP's or local router's DNS while attached wired or wireless NIC use VPN assigned DNS as the...
  6. VPN always on DNS config

VPN always on DNS config: Hi All, Windows10 client (1703) / RRAS 2016 Our VPN solution requires that we honor our split DNS configuration. We deliver our VPN configuration via an XML. our intended split dns configuration is: <DomainNameInformation> <DomainName>.splitdomain.com</DomainName>...
  7. Vpn leak !!!warning!!!

Vpn leak !!!warning!!!: Windows 10 uses a method of resolving DNS requests that completely ignores the fact that you are connected to a VPN and exposes you true IP address to every web site you visit. If you are using VPN and think you are anonymous try these sites and find out if you really are....
  8. VPN Problems Change DNS

VPN Problems Change DNS: I create a VPN windows built, and cant change the DNS on tcp/ip propreties. Dont open. Anyone can test it? PS: Im on virtual machine. 10127
  9. Preferrence of DNS servers from VPN issue (DNS Leak)

Preferrence of DNS servers from VPN issue (DNS Leak): Hello, when I connect to VPN, I receive DNS servers, but windows primarily uses DNS servers configured on my LAN connection (checked with nslookup). This is problem when I am accessing same hostname, which has internal IP in VPN. I tried to change network adapters order...
  10. Use Google's DNS servers or ISP ones

Use Google's DNS servers or ISP ones: Hi there two questions on using alternate DNS servers 1) Are things like Google's DNS servers better to use than ISP ones -- any measuring indications available ? 2) Are your Geo-rights still the same when using alternate DNS servers --I don't want for example to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ncsi.dll dns leaks vpn hotfix